Author Topic: Would you trade Powe along with  (Read 6492 times)

Re: Would you trade Powe along with
« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2008, 02:06:40 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
No, I wouldn't. Kleiza is over rated and Hunter is just plain bad. Also, I don't think the earliest first round draft pick we can trade would be from 2011 or 2012 at the earliest. We don't have a first rounder next year and can't trade 2010's and I don't know the status beyond that.

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2008, 03:46:29 PM »

Offline KG_ended_Bias

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
I dont know what you guys are thinking, but Kleinza is very one dimensional which makes him a BAD fit for our team. We already have scorers who can Score 30 at will in the Big 3. And a possible 4 more who could one day turn out to be 17-20 plus pt. scorers in Powe,BBD,Walker & Giddens. Giddens & Walker probably come in the league better defenders than Kleinza, so WHAT good is he to us again? None I say! Lets just keep our energy & hustle unit led by Tony, Powe & Baby, & lets keep Non Defensive playing Enver Nuggets out of the equation! Notice I left the D out in Denver. Besides, Gerald Green could score points fairly easy & look clueless on Defense playing in Denver.

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2008, 05:05:01 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice
Denver are not a bad defensive team. They ranked 10th in the league, so they're actually above average defensively. They get a bad reputation because of their extremely fast pace. But Denver had a better defensive efficiency than, say, Cleveland.

I don't know about Giddens, but the chances of Walker being a better defender than Kleiza next season are exactly none.

Kleiza is a fairly decent defender, whose only problem is being too slow-footed to guard quicker perimeter players, with good first steps. But with the right matchups and good help defense he can be very effective. He's better defensively than Powe, I think; and I also see more potential on Kleiza than on Leon, especially on the "one dimensional" department.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2008, 01:39:24 AM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Most Definitely. We would fill the hole at the backup backup C position, we would add a scoring SF, and would lose the logjam at PF. BBD could get more minutes, split with Pat0, and Kleizas could fit with Miles/Walker/Giddens for the backup SF role, and Pruitt would be gone for Cassell to sign...AND NO MORE SCALAGARBAGE!!!!

Rondo,House,Cassell
Ray,Tony,Giddens
Pierce,Kleizas,Miles
Kg,BBD,Walker
Perk,Pat0,Hunter

The only problem....Denver would never even consider. Powe is great, but in exchange for a decent C/Camby's minutes replacer and their SF prospect behind Melo...Plus the possibility of losing AI next season...forget it. Nice try
Can't stop, Rondo!