Author Topic: Possible Trade (Cavs / Knicks)  (Read 8195 times)

Possible Trade (Cavs / Knicks)
« on: August 17, 2008, 11:08:47 PM »

Offline fairweatherfan06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
So I got this idea from the rumor circulating that the Cavs are talking to the Knicks about a big man. Just guessing off of the trade machine Szerbiak for Randolph straight up works.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=831~1017&teams=18~5&te=&cash=

For Cleveland although they'd take another hefty contract (with 3 years left on it) It would give them a front line of

Big Z
Randolph
Lebron

With West/Pavlovic at SG and Mo Williams at PG.  Not a bad starting lineup at all.  Their bench (without Lebron on the floor) would be laughable with only Gibson chucking threes as a realistic offensive option with Varaejo/Wallace/Hickson comprising the rest of the likely bench players, but Lebron is young and doesn't sit much and they can always make sure West or Mo Williams is on the floor with these non-offensive guys.

For NY they get rid of Randolph's contract and get to break up the failed Curry/Randolph experiment plus they get a HUGE expiring contract and the cap room they are thirsting for in NY that they will use ultimately to make a run at (ironically) Lebron and others in a couple years.  Plus they need a shooter and someone to play behind Crawford (Mardy Collins is still real raw). 

If this goes down does this make the Cavs a solid #2 in the East?
« Last Edit: August 18, 2008, 09:19:05 AM by Roy Hobbs »

Re: Possible Trade
« Reply #1 on: August 17, 2008, 11:40:41 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
So I got this idea from the rumor circulating that the Cavs are talking to the Knicks about a big man. Just guessing off of the trade machine Szerbiak for Randolph straight up works.

http://games.espn.go.com/nba/features/traderesult?players=831~1017&teams=18~5&te=&cash=

For Cleveland although they'd take another hefty contract (with 3 years left on it) It would give them a front line of

Big Z
Randolph
Lebron

With West/Pavlovic at SG and Mo Williams at PG.  Not a bad starting lineup at all.  Their bench (without Lebron on the floor) would be laughable with only Gibson chucking threes as a realistic offensive option with Varaejo/Wallace/Hickson comprising the rest of the likely bench players, but Lebron is young and doesn't sit much and they can always make sure West or Mo Williams is on the floor with these non-offensive guys.

For NY they get rid of Randolph's contract and get to break up the failed Curry/Randolph experiment plus they get a HUGE expiring contract and the cap room they are thirsting for in NY that they will use ultimately to make a run at (ironically) Lebron and others in a couple years.  Plus they need a shooter and someone to play behind Crawford (Mardy Collins is still real raw). 

no, but it makes the Knicks better - Randoplh is a cancer and would only hurt things in Cleveland...maybe the Knicks can throw in Starbury too
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #2 on: August 17, 2008, 11:58:59 PM »

Offline AINGE44

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 6
New York Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
  Glen Davis
  Brian Scalabrine
  Eric Snow
  Wally Szczerbiak

Outgoing Players
  David Lee
  Quentin Richardson
  Zach Randolph

Boston Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
  David Lee

Outgoing Players
  Glen Davis
  Brian Scalabrine

Cleveland Trade Breakdown

Incoming Players
  Quentin Richardson
  Zach Randolph

Outgoing Players
  Eric Snow
  Wally Szczerbiak

« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2008, 12:03:58 AM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Big Z
Randolph
Lebron

no, but it makes the Knicks better - Randoplh is a cancer and would only hurt things in Cleveland...maybe the Knicks can throw in Starbury too

Could not agree more about Z-Bo, cdif.  TP.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #4 on: August 18, 2008, 12:07:05 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Any trade idea involving the Knicks parting with David Lee leaves me skeptical. 
Yup

« Reply #5 on: August 18, 2008, 12:29:27 AM »

Offline jaketwice

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 102

Big Z
Randolph
Lebron

Randolph isn't so terrible. He's a better player than Szerbiak, and "doesn't play defense" at a position where they have a player who plays defense (unlike Szerbiack who "doesn't play defense" at a wing position they don't have covered).  He'd take the scoring load of LeBron.

I think people fail to account for how disfunctional Isaiah was that last year when evaluating Knicks' players.

« Reply #6 on: August 18, 2008, 12:54:01 AM »

Offline 2008CELTICS17

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 1
That is not a good move. A solid 1 spot in East.

« Reply #7 on: August 18, 2008, 08:30:03 AM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
When you love life, life loves you right back

Re: Possible Trade (Cavs / Knicks)
« Reply #8 on: August 18, 2008, 12:51:44 PM »

Offline SoulHonky

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 3
Jay-Z approves this trade. If the Cavs are afraid of LeBron bolting to NY or NJ, they can't seriously consider sticking him with Z-Bo.
The Rondomino Effect @ www.soulhonky.com

« Reply #9 on: August 18, 2008, 12:57:31 PM »

Offline Sweet17

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 107
This is a good move for the Cavs. Wally might be a good guy but he sucks. Randolph might be an **** but properly motivated he is a force.. You want a championship - you have to take some risks.

Pete

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2008, 01:02:18 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
I don't see Zach as a savior or anything like that but assuming he can still score in the low post, he help the Cavs a ton.  They would be a much more dangerous offensive team with a low post scoring threat.

If I was Cle, I would give up either Wally or Ben Wallace for Zach.  I think with a chance at a title that even he would straighten up some.

« Reply #11 on: August 18, 2008, 03:46:43 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
The 3 way trade sounds nice for us, but I don't see it happening. Q-Dog and Z-Bo might not be great locker room guys or for chemistry, plus an upcoming star D-Lee in exchange for BBD, a playerless contract of Eric Snow, Scal and Wally. I don't see that happening ever. Now if that trade included Starbury then I could see a possibility. But neither Boston or Cleveland could use him.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #12 on: August 18, 2008, 08:09:17 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
Awful trade for the Knicks except they get to pick up a little bit of cap space. The Knicks are so high in cap depth however that this trade wouldnt even help them. Randolph is miles better of a player than Zerb. Great trade for the Cavs if they could pull this one off.

« Reply #13 on: August 19, 2008, 12:50:46 PM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 868
This idea still intrigues me for some reason.  The following trade actually works:

Marbury and Randolph
for
Wallace, Wally, and Snow.

After the Cavs do this, they sign Delonte West.

I have seen opinions that Randolph put Cavs over the top to Randolph is a usless cancer.  I think Randolph is better for the Cavs than Wallace or Wally so I would make either of those trades.  I am not sure what the Cavs would do with Marbury but it is fun to speculate.

I wonder if the new Knicks regime thinks that they can turn Randolph around?

« Reply #14 on: August 19, 2008, 12:56:08 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Any trade idea involving the Knicks parting with David Lee leaves me skeptical. 

The buzz since D'Antoni signed on is that Lee is not his kind of player.

Then again, are Scal and BBD?