Author Topic: Doc says no talk of Rondo deal  (Read 11341 times)

Doc says no talk of Rondo deal
« on: March 01, 2012, 03:59:35 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
so now there is this:

http://espn.go.com/boston/nba/story/_/id/7634903/doc-rivers-confident-rajon-rondo-remain-boston-celtics

Maybe the media went too far out on a limb without any real sources for this stuff.  Or it could be spin from the C's.  I would hope we could believe Doc.

Re: Doc says no talk of Rondo deal
« Reply #1 on: March 01, 2012, 04:05:09 PM »

Offline Corey

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 14
You expect a head coach to come out and say "Yeah, we're shopping our best player!"?

« Reply #2 on: March 01, 2012, 04:11:21 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
Of course not.  But it is completely possible that the media has blown the whole thing out of control.  Or do you have some inside celtic's info to share with all of us?  If so, please do.

You expect a head coach to come out and say "Yeah, we're shopping our best player!"?

« Reply #3 on: March 01, 2012, 04:15:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
Thanks for post.

Very confusing times, for sure.

« Reply #4 on: March 01, 2012, 04:21:32 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
Of course not.  But it is completely possible that the media has blown the whole thing out of control.  Or do you have some inside celtic's info to share with all of us?  If so, please do.

I don't expect that but the guy said almost 100% sure that RR will be here when the season ends. He wouldn't even add that if he was lying... I mean, that's adding extra for NO REASON, the stuff he said before that would have sufficed!
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #5 on: March 01, 2012, 04:30:02 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
So my next question is who could be the vet(s) that Rajon is coming into conflict with?

And why would they come into conflict with him? And is there anything that Rondo can do better to be a better teammate?

I just spent the morning throwing Rajon under the bus, and now this article comes out.

This kind of stuff just didn't seem that prevalent during the "Ubuntu" years....unfortunately, I think a little bit of "Ubuntu" left with TA...then a HUUUGE chuck of it left with Perk...then another chunk left with Nate and Glen.

« Reply #6 on: March 01, 2012, 04:33:10 PM »

Offline ImShakHeIsShaq

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 804
So my next question is who could be the vet(s) that Rajon is coming into conflict with?

And why would they come into conflict with him? And is there anything that Rondo can do better to be a better teammate?

I just spent the morning throwing Rajon under the bus, and now this article comes out.

This kind of stuff just didn't seem that prevalent during the "Ubuntu" years....unfortunately, I think a little bit of "Ubuntu" left with TA...then a HUUUGE chuck of it left with Perk...then another chunk left with Nate and Glen.

Ubuntu left with BBD? Who were you watching????
It takes me 3hrs to get to Miami and 1hr to get to Orlando... but I *SPIT* on their NBA teams! "Bless God and bless the (Celts)"-Lady GaGa (she said gays but she really meant Celts)

« Reply #7 on: March 01, 2012, 04:37:12 PM »

Offline blink

• Dennis Johnson
This is kind of what I was getting at.  It seemed like Doc went out of his way to say they weren't trading him.  If it was just spin, he didn't need to elaborate as much.  

My personal opinion is that Doc probably admires Rondo the player a lot, he just wants him to mature a bit more and to do more to reach his potential as a player and a leader.  Same things all of us want for Rajon.

I don't expect that but the guy said almost 100% sure that RR will be here when the season ends. He wouldn't even add that if he was lying... I mean, that's adding extra for NO REASON, the stuff he said before that would have sufficed!

« Reply #8 on: March 01, 2012, 04:41:24 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis

lol...Glen upset me at times, but when he was plugged in, he appeared to be a great teammate. He was a great defender for us, taking like 50 charges or something along those lines.

That's Ubuntu...taking one for the team.

Unfortunately, I think he unplugged himself with the contract talk. His play during the playoffs last season hurt the team, especially KG, too. Perhaps he was injured?

But I'll always have love for Glen. I hope he does well in ORL.

« Reply #9 on: March 01, 2012, 04:42:11 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
I believe Doc.

Broussard, Amico, Vecsey, hoopsworld, etc aren't what I consider reliable sources.

I'll believe the rumors when sources like Ford, Wojo and Spears start reporting them.

I do think we are shopping everyone else though.

« Reply #10 on: March 01, 2012, 04:45:58 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
lol! Lots of things left with BBD, but Ubuntu sure wasn't one of them!

« Reply #11 on: March 01, 2012, 04:51:05 PM »

Offline ejk3489

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 215
I believe Doc.

Broussard, Amico, Vecsey, hoopsworld, etc aren't what I consider reliable sources.

I'll believe the rumors when sources like Ford, Wojo and Spears start reporting them.

I do think we are shopping everyone else though.

Agree with this...the only rumors circling around right now are ones from the most unreliable sources out there.

« Reply #12 on: March 01, 2012, 04:55:59 PM »

Offline Eddie20

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 975

Bingo. Plus, it helps his trade value more than Doc saying:

"My relationship with Rajon is really up and down. Our communication could be better. I do want him here, but he has to change. I can't say with 100 percent certainty he will be here with us when the season ends. But I'm tired of this stuff always leaking. It's not fair."

« Reply #13 on: March 01, 2012, 05:01:45 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Well this is good news.  Doc and Danny are standing behind Rondo.  

The slander, gossip, and hearsay that passes for news these days is getting way out of control.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #14 on: March 01, 2012, 05:05:49 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Haa HAA HA ... sssssuuurre... If Danny had the green light on the other side ....he'd pull the trigger faster than Billy the Kid .  

Everybody loves Rondos skills , but they don't want the headaches that come with him.  ;D

Of course they aren't going to come out and say they are shopping Rondo to the world...that lowers the value.

I still think , Danny is just waiting on the right deal and he is gone.  

Rondo needs to get his  "MIND RIGHT" on who is running the ship.