Author Topic: Am I the only one who thinks trading Rondo is a horrible idea?  (Read 8695 times)

Re: Am I the only one who thinks trading Rondo is a horrible idea?
« Reply #45 on: March 01, 2012, 07:35:34 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
You don't trade Rondo unless you're getting equal or greater value.

When Rondo is right he plays like no player in the league. He can have a tremendous impact on both sides of the ball at the PG position that can't be said about by many players in the NBA..

You take the bad with the good because there's a lot more good than bad.

Rondo needs to play better defense and take care of the ball more...his broodiness and stubbornness is something I can live with because ALL great players have these warts.

« Reply #46 on: March 01, 2012, 09:01:23 PM »

Offline goCeltics

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 68
rondo doesn't excell at perimeter shooting the stat ppl love so he gets undervalued here, therefore people wanna get rid of him. If bill russell played on this team the same ppl would wanna get him of him too, for the same reason

Basketball fans are accustomed to evaluating ball players by how many points they put up, especially post jordon era.

It's not about scoring. In fact, I prefer pure point guards. However, you can't have an offensive liability either. You need a player that will keep a defense honest. Teams know Rondo is scared to shoot late in games, that's why they help off him.

all players have relative strengths/weakness, rondo been one of the most productive point guards in the league last few years if you use any type of analytical approach. If the c's had the equivalent to the frontline they had in 08, a healthy powe, garnett, pj brown, they would have won 2 two other titles with rondo at the point.

« Reply #47 on: March 01, 2012, 09:55:06 PM »

Offline Celtics Fan

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 38
I agree with you. He's not the problem. Danny is right now.

« Reply #48 on: March 01, 2012, 10:37:11 PM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Rondo's warts are plentiful. If he had personality issues, but could actually shoot from the perimeter and consistently hit FT's, then I could deal with his quirky behavior. However, how can you not trust your "best player" in late game situations? You basically have to hide him late in games. Does anyone even remember one time Rondo has ever hit a wide open medium range jumper in the last couple of minutes of a close game? So while Rondo makes his teammates better in the first 3Q, maybe even first 42 minutes of a game, I argue that he makes his teammates life harder during the latter stages of his game with his sheer inability to shoot.  When Rondo is in transition he is usually phenomenal, when he isn't trying to make a highlight reel pass, but once the game slows, as it does in the playoffs, then his game isn't that of an all-star type player. Not even close.
I completely agree. I'm absolutely dumbfounded as to why the Heat don't trade Lebron for Iguodala or why the Magic don't trade Howard for Duncan and a young serviceable big.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #49 on: March 01, 2012, 10:52:06 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
I agree with you. He's not the problem. Danny is right now.

Agree. IF he's trading Rondo just because of his attitude issues then that's dumb.

You what I'm worried about? Trading Rondo for someone/something because "we are rebuilding" and then we sign KG and Ray to multiple year deals.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #50 on: March 01, 2012, 11:16:10 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Trading Rondo is a horrible idea.

There's no way we get equal value back for him.  Keep him and build with him for the future.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson