Author Topic: WWE Night of Champions TP game  (Read 8387 times)

WWE Night of Champions TP game
« on: July 21, 2009, 10:37:13 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
So I’ve seen this on other boards, everyone loves TP games, it’s simple to run and I’m bored. So I present to you, the Night of Champions PPV pick’em game!

Rules and Scoring-
1.- The game will be closed to new entries at the conclusion of Friday night’s smackdown. Any picks posted after 11:59 Friday night will not be scored.

2.- in the event of a draw, that match will be thrown out for scoring purposes unless someone IMPLICITLY PICKED a draw. If your sure enough about it to call the draw, you get the points.

3. you do not need to call how the match will end, simply who wins. So if Orton were to pin HHH clean, or if HHH were to be DQ’d for something, awarding Orton the win, the result for scoring is the same.

4. in the event of some crazy turn of events that I can’t think of right now, I will make the call on scoring.

5. depending on the card, there may be a TP bonus question. 3 TP’s are yours for getting this right.

Simple right? Now on to scoring.

1.   Picking the winner of a match gets you one point.

2.   Wildcards- the above wouldn’t be much fun would it? So we have two game breakers.

Swerve- put this next to one, and only one, match. If you call a swerve, and It happens, you get three points (four if you also called the winner) a swerve is defined as a major face/heel turn or something no one saw coming, except you (run in by new worker, ect)

Note that a swerve is not something like…cody Rhodes interferes and costs hunter the match vs Orton. It needs to be something that the WWE creative department intends as a “shocker” (like when someone turns on another, ect)

Iorn clad lock- you may choose to put lock next to one match you are absolutely sure of. You get 3 points for calling the winner, but -1 if you are wrong. you do not have to use this, but if there's an easy to pick match (like oh say, cena vs miz) go for it!

And that’s it, so the scoring should be pretty easy.

One other thing- if this goes well, and people enjoy it, I will do it every month (or try to) night of champions is easy to do this early, since only one title isn’t already up for grabs (womens championship, for purposes of our game, and because I don’t really care. Pick mcool or other if you think it will be Melina/whoever smackdown names this week.) 

But, normally, I will try to wait until Thursday and Friday so we have the most complete card possible. If we miss a match added late, so be it. It’s just a game anyway :D

So, onto my picks (in bold).

WWE Title:
-Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena

World Title:
-CM Punk (c) vs. Jeff Hardy

ECW Title:
-Tommy Dreamer (c) vs. Christian Lock

Unified Tag-Team Titles:
-Chris Jericho & ??? (c) vs. Legacy Swerve

my swerve- just to give an example of what a swerve would be considered, i will explain mine (you don't have to, to promote gut feeling swerve calls :D)my pick for jericho's partner gives it away anyway

my gut feeling is that WWE creative is going to push the heck out ted Jr as a face, and that in order to keep Y2J heel as well as rhodes, cody is going to turn on him and by jericho's partner.

Intercontinental Title:
-Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler

United States Title:
(Six-Pac Challenge Match)
-Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Big Show vs. MVP vs. The Miz vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger

Divas Title:
-Maryse (c) vs. Mickie James

Women’s Title
Mccool ( c ) vs other

Bonus Question:
Who will Y2J’s tag partner be?
Cody Rhodes
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

Re: WWE Night of Champions TP game
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2009, 10:40:11 AM »

Offline wdleehi

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1607
  • Basketball is Newtonian Physics
WWE Title:
-Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena  Time to move onto a Cena/Orton feud.  SWERVE  Someone attacks HHH to move him onto a new feud.

World Title:
-CM Punk (c) vs. Jeff Hardy  LOCK

ECW Title:
-Tommy Dreamer (c) vs. Christian

Unified Tag-Team Titles:
-Chris Jericho & Huh (c) vs. Legacy

Intercontinental Title:

United States Title:
-Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Big Show vs. MVP vs. The Miz vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger

Divas Title:

Women’s Title
Mccool ( c ) vs other

Just to be different, Christian will be Jericho's partner.
« Last Edit: July 24, 2009, 01:37:36 PM by wdleehi »

« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2009, 10:46:08 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Not takin a shot at the bonus TP's wdleehi?

I almost went Cena, but my heart hopes they let randy get alittle run with the belt before putting it back on john. the insane overness of john cena leads me to believe you might get the point on that one though  :-\

anyway, i realized right after i posted this, that i didn't put the winnings down, kinda important for a game eh?

1st place- 5 TP's
2nd place- 3 TP's
3rd place- 1 TP

so, call the bonus question and get 1st, and you get 8+ whatever else people give ya :D

also, non-wrestling fans who stumbled in, feel free to do a card. who knows, ya might get lucky, and you'll probably get a TP or two
« Last Edit: July 21, 2009, 10:55:03 AM by crownsy »
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2009, 01:05:19 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 43
nice thread, bumping it til I get a chance to really look at it

We used to do this in hs, with a dollar on each match... good times
When you love life, life loves you right back

« Reply #4 on: July 23, 2009, 10:23:39 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
quick bump since i know a ton of people are online and board waiting for picks in the draft.

do a bracket, even if ya don't watch the WWE!! only takes a sec, just copy my bracket and bold who you randomly choose to win, and randomly pick the two other bonus qualifiers :D

right now just doing a bracket is a free TP, since we only have 2 players, your guaranteed third + TP's from me! No need to watch, I'll have the spoilers on hand monday :D

also, WDL, which match are you using the swerve on? you've got it down twice.

« Reply #5 on: July 23, 2009, 10:27:37 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I'll start by saying I think Stone Cold wins the belt back from the dastardly Shane McMahon... Ok I'll fill one out anyway.

WWE Title: SWERVE

World Title:

ECW Title:

Unified Tag-Team Titles:
-Chris Jericho & Huh (c) vs. Legacy

Intercontinental Title:

United States Title:

Divas Title:
-Maryse (c) vs. Mickie James LOCK

Women’s Title
Mccool ( c ) vs other
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #6 on: July 24, 2009, 12:19:32 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
one last bump for lunch time in the Draft,n in case anyone's board and wants to do one then ill stop annoying people  ;D

on a game related note: WDL ya still have two swerve's, im assuming you ment to do the M/E and mine on the tag got left from the copy and past.

also, both you and hoyo didn't put down a pick for the mystery partner, so if you want to take a guess, those TP's are still open.

« Reply #7 on: July 24, 2009, 12:22:32 PM »

• Don Chaney
Who's that Evan guy? The high energy one that was involved in a trade, took part in that gauntlet match where Swagger backed out and Marc Henry destroyed him?

I'll take that guy.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #8 on: July 24, 2009, 12:26:51 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
WWE Title:
-Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena: Cena

World Title:
-CM Punk (c) vs. Jeff Hardy:  Punk

ECW Title:
-Tommy Dreamer (c) vs. Christian:  Dreamer

Unified Tag-Team Titles:
-Chris Jericho &  (c) vs. Legacy: Jericho + Swerve

my swerve- they're bringing in someone from the past, perhaps a TNAer, but how bout if Ric Flair shows up and joins Jericho, whoooo!

Intercontinental Title:
-Rey Mysterio (c) vs. Dolph Ziggler: Mysterio Lock

United States Title:
-Kofi Kingston (c) vs. Big Show vs. MVP vs. The Miz vs. Carlito vs. Jack Swagger: Miz

Divas Title:
-Maryse (c) vs. Mickie James: Maryse

Women’s Title
Mccool ( c ) vs other: Mccool

Bonus Question:
Ric Flair

« Reply #9 on: July 24, 2009, 12:27:34 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Who's that Evan guy? The high energy one that was involved in a trade, took part in that gauntlet match where Swagger backed out and Marc Henry destroyed him?

I'll take that guy.

sounds good, i like evan bourne alot.

He's a high flier who appears to actually be able to wrestle a coherent match, not always a sure thing  ;)

« Reply #10 on: July 24, 2009, 12:34:28 PM »

• Don Chaney

I'll take that guy.

He's a high flier who appears to actually be able to wrestle a coherent match, not always a sure thing  ;)

He and Kofi Kingston entertain the hell out of me, but I don't think they do enough with him. I truly don't watch much, but maybe Evan will be different.

« Reply #11 on: July 24, 2009, 01:05:47 PM »

Offline wil

• Brad Stevens
  • Tommy Points: 88
WWE Title:

World Title:

ECW Title:

Unified Tag-Team Titles:
-Chris Jericho &  (c) vs. Legacy Swerve

I think his partner is going to be lame like jack swagger...or no one b/c no one likes jericho (i like him though)

Intercontinental Title:

United States Title:

I just want the Miz to win

Divas Title:
-Maryse (c) vs. Mickie James  LOCK

Women’s Title
Mccool ( c ) vs other

Bonus Question:
Jack Swagger

« Reply #12 on: July 24, 2009, 01:41:24 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker

I'll take that guy.

He and Kofi Kingston entertain the hell out of me, but I don't think they do enough with him. I truly don't watch much, but maybe Evan will be different.

I was sadly fooled into thinking Kofi was really Jamaican, but his is Ghanaian (sp?) and speaks with a perfect American accent if you talk to him out of character, its pretty amazing that he doesn't slip up on tv

« Reply #13 on: July 24, 2009, 01:44:53 PM »

Offline houseonfire09

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 44
  • Thank you Eddie!
Why not... even though I don't watch anymore, I feel like I know how the show works.  Anyways:

WWE Title:
-Randy Orton (c) vs. Triple H vs. John Cena  LOCK
SWERVE: Time for another Randy Orton/HHH feud.  They both take out each other and Cena wins.

World Title:

ECW Title:

Unified Tag-Team Titles:
-Chris Jericho &  (c) vs. Legacy
Intercontinental Title:

United States Title:

Divas Title:

Women’s Title
Mccool ( c ) vs other
"If David Stern ran the NHL, is there any chance his meal ticket's team would blow a Game 7 in Round 1? Put a pair of skates on Dick Bavetta!" -Bill Simmons

« Reply #14 on: July 26, 2009, 10:07:07 PM »

Offline cdif911

• Antoine Walker
I should never predict wrestling results again