Author Topic: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?  (Read 30056 times)

Re: What is your ideal and realistic team next season?
« Reply #105 on: May 17, 2019, 09:57:17 PM »

RazzelnoDazzel

Title says it all. Keep it somewhat logical and post the trade.

What have you got?

Me its
Hayward, tatum, yabusele, semi, williams, mem pick, lac pic, boston 2020 pick for Davis, hill, moore

Pels run for playoffs (jrue, hayward, tatum, zion, randle)

Next sign and trade rozier to knicks for frank.
(Nyk reportedly interested in getting terry)

Lastly resign Kyrie, Morris. Sign Beverly to MLE and Carter to LLE.

Irving/beverly/wannamker
Smart/moore/frank
Brown/carter/hill
Horford/morris/pick 14
Davis/baynes/pick 24

By deadline shop frank/hill/moore(all expirings) for whatever is missing from the team

Ok I’m finally no longer upset and have a clear vision on what team I want.

Pg: Kyrie Irving/ Terry Rozier
Sg: Marcus Smart / Jaylen Brown
SF: Gordon Hayward/ Semi OJelye
PF: Al Horford/ Robert Williams 3/ Daniel Theis
C: Anthony Davis/ Aron Baynes

I don’t care what Terry say he is an asset. Once he signs this contract he can earn his way onto another team by performing how he should. There will be enough time to let Kyrie rest until the trade deadline. He has all the way up to the trade deadline to earn himself valuable on a team who needs a PG. I’ll even consider him to be the starting PG and let Kyrie be starting SG until the trade deadline.

Gordon Hayward is a keeper because his stock is extremely low. He’s a good smart player and he will become extremely valuable if we remain loyal and his contract goes up and we are looking for a hometown discount. He will be the cheapest bonus player ever.

Tatum is gone with all of our draft picks for Davis. If they need Smart or anything other than Jaylen then I’m ok with getting that deal done to get Davis. 

Only thing I’m iffy on is getting Morris back. He maybe too expensive and he’s also extremely ball dominate. Eliminating him can increase Terry usage in order to increase his trade value. Although I’m 💯 not against bringing him back, but I’d rather give the Keys to brown and Rozier and hopefully they are ready to dominate off the bench for a while.

that team would be more miserable than this year

I know!!!!!! Ok ok I changed my mind again. I found out we can sign and trade terry. I’m just banking on that happening and him going to the Pels

My final thoughts!!!

Pg: K Irving/Wanamaker
Sg: M Smart / J Brown/ PJ Dozier
SF: G Hayward/ Semi OJ/ Hill
PF: Al Horford/D Theis/Yabu
C: A Davis/ J Oakafor/A Baynes

Celtics: Sign and trade Rozier + Tatum + Williams 3 + Mem Pick to Pelicans  FOR Anthony Davis + Hill + Oakafor

#14 Trade (Unless Bol Bol or Sekou Doumbouya(Draft and stash) is available, Otherwise trade for future assets)
#20 Goga Bitadze Draft and Stash
#22 Deividas Sirvydis draft and stash

Celtics: Sign and trade Rozier + Tatum + Williams 3 + Mem Pick to Pelicans  FOR Anthony Davis + Hill + Oakafor
« Last Edit: May 18, 2019, 12:16:40 AM by RazzelnoDazzel »

« Reply #106 on: May 18, 2019, 06:39:16 AM »

Online RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
PG: Irving / Wanamaker / ?
SG: Smart / Horton-Tucker / Dozier
SF: Brown / Hayward / Ojeleye
PF: Horford / Morris / Dudley
C: Davis / Baynes / Theis

« Reply #107 on: May 18, 2019, 08:04:09 AM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
My hope is they learn from this season and whoever remains on the roster comes back with a vengeance and team has good chemistry and players know their roles. Clearing the log jam this summer will partially help with that. Getting out to a good start could also cure a lot of complaining.

My hopeful starting lineup: Kyrie/Brown/Hayward/Horford/AD

« Reply #108 on: May 18, 2019, 02:16:28 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
Edit:

My AD-didn't-come-here lineup.

Schroder, Larkin, Smart
Smart, Roberson, Diallo
Brown, N. Little or Keldon Johnson/Horton Tucker
J. Grant, PJ Washington, Grant Wiliams
Horford, Baynes, R. Williams, Kabenjele (pick 21 from Thunder)

C's get back to defense and being tough.  When Baynes is gone and Horford ages...down the road there is
Kabenjele, R. Williams, PJ Washington and Grant Williams--nice bigs unit.  With Jerami Grant or not...

THUNDER:
Westbrook, free agent PG, J. Evans
Ferguson, Hayward
Tatum, Hayward, Ojeleye
George, Noel, Ojeleye, Yabu
Adams, Noel

Thunder add Tatum and the distributor Hayward....tweaking chemistry and adding talent.

« Last Edit: May 23, 2019, 09:07:18 PM by wiley »

« Reply #109 on: May 18, 2019, 03:25:22 PM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
No rozier

« Reply #110 on: May 23, 2019, 10:01:19 AM »

RazzelnoDazzel

This team completely stresses me out lol. I wish we were still playing so I wouldn’t have to go through the hundreds of different roster scenarios we could end up with. Every single scenario has a major flaw in it, like EVERY SINGLE ONE. Hayward needs mins, because he’s a superstar and needs to get back on that level. Brown and Tatum need mins so they can keep evolving. Smart needs mins because he’s 1st team defense player of the year.

Tatum and Hayward are best playing SF. Brown and Smart are best at SG. The only way it can completely work is if Snart ends up being a Rondo like facilitator, and becoming a top PG in the league....I just don’t know if that’s even realistic.

« Reply #111 on: May 23, 2019, 10:33:01 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I tell you, I just was reading some stuffs online and see that Bobby Marks thinks that Brogdon will go for a 4 year 70 mill range.

He is a guy I would love to have run the point.

« Reply #112 on: May 23, 2019, 10:34:13 AM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
I tell you, I just was reading some stuffs online and see that Bobby Marks thinks that Brogdon will go for a 4 year 70 mill range.

Brogdon to me is a second guard. I would only want him as starting point if I had a lead wing or shooting guard who did most of the shot creation.

I like brogdon a lot in that role though.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #113 on: May 23, 2019, 10:37:40 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

Brogdon to me is a second guard. I would only want him as starting point if I had a lead wing or shooting guard who did most of the shot creation.

I like Brogdon a lot too and would like to have him here but I agree, he can't be the top guard.   the other guard has to provide most of the playmaking/scoring from the backcourt.  in that capacity, he can be a real contributor to a top team.

« Reply #114 on: May 23, 2019, 01:38:26 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I think him and smart would fit the role well, combined.

Neither is the top shot creators, but neither aren't slouches. And I think the idea of having multiple players who are team first who can both initiate the offense at a second tier level will work just as well as a single guy who is elite at it

« Reply #115 on: May 23, 2019, 01:41:05 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Same here, but how are we bringing him in?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #116 on: May 23, 2019, 02:39:57 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

Goodbye Kyrie
Goodbye Terry
Resign Al to 20 mill starting (or goodbye all alltogether)
Trade hayward for only 20 mill coming back in

« Reply #117 on: May 23, 2019, 02:40:38 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas

Goodbye Kyrie
Goodbye Terry
Resign Al to 20 mill starting (or goodbye all alltogether)
Trade hayward for only 20 mill coming back in

Sigh....

That doesn't work like that...

Honestly, if Irving wanted to play with Giannis, we could technically do a S&T and do Kyrie for Brogdon, but I don't see the Bucks letting Brogodon leave just like that.

« Reply #118 on: May 23, 2019, 02:46:21 PM »

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182

I don't think there's a way to do it.  Milwaukee will want to keep him for sure.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

« Reply #119 on: May 23, 2019, 03:08:12 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
Ideal and realistic are both entirely different concepts. But I will bite and try to go for my 'ideal,' realistic team.

S&T Wanamaker of about 8 million, with the 2nd or 3rd year non-guaranteed. (He does this, because he gets a lot of money upfront, plus he gets to stay in the NBA, and he'll also see plenty of minutes considering the lack of depth at the PG. Similar to how we did the Keith Bogans deal.)

Waive all cap holds with the exception of Horford/Irving/Morris and of course Wanamaker.

Yabusele, Tatum, Williams, Ojeleye+ Wanamaker equals to about $18.4 including the prorated deal of $4 million added with S&T'ed Wanamaker.

We could go either 3 ways, but this isn't even taking into account the fact AD would need to waive the trade kicker:

Add $6.5 of the contract for Jaylen Brown, who would cover the necessary cap space.
Sign and then trade draft picks that would equal to 7 or $8.4 (assuming Ainge gives draftees the additional 20% incentive increase.)
Use Marcus Smart $12.5 contract instead of Brown's.

I would go with the draft picks, Yabusele, Williams, Ojeleye, Tatum, and S&T Wanamaker for AD.

KD opts in, and we match his salary by trading Horford after he opts in as a straight up deal.

If GSW is unwilling, we could go both ways, we could offer Jaylen Brown as a sweetener in exchange for Quinn Cook + Bell or Looney.

So now you're pretty much left with Baynes, Kyrie, Smart, KD, Hayward, and maybe Theis. (He reportedly went back to Germany to train, but has said he isn't sure if he is coming back.)

I would like to re-sign Morris for about $10-12 million. Bring in his brother if he wants, in that case we could up Morris's contract to $12-14, and they can both split the money evenly.

I would see if maybe Tony Allen, Kyle Korver, Shane Larkin, and any other role players/ring chasing vets like Carter, or Perkins would be interested in coming as a mentor/player coach or leadership.

Sign Jared Dudley, and try to see if you can swing for the fences and bring in JaMychal Green for the MLE.

You're left with

Kyrie
Smart
Durant
Hayward (KD has voice displeasure at being at the 4. I think Hayward could be the prototypical swing or point forward.)
AD

Larkin/Cook
Korver or Allen
Carter
Dudley or Green/Bell
Baynes/Perkins

My math may be slightly off. I just guestimated this, currently at work, but was bored of doing taxes.  :angel: ::) ::) ::)

I assumed Brown is headed to either GSW or NOP, so can swap whichever is necessary.