Author Topic: Some Important C's Cap & Tax Info From Bobby Marks  (Read 2823 times)

Some Important C's Cap & Tax Info From Bobby Marks
« on: June 18, 2019, 11:25:02 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
The maximum amount of cap space for Boston this summer would be $27M. However, that would not include Kyrie Irving, Al Horford, Marcus  Morris, Terry Rozier and renouncing the rest of the free agents. That would shrink to $19M if you factor in Rozier.

Horford coming back at a lower number ($20M range) with length (3 years) on the contract would allow Boston to have the full $9.2M midlevel and $3.6M bi-annual exception to use in free agency. C's are still under the tax if both are used and Rozier brought back.

Source: His Twitter

I'm assuming the 2nd tweet also assumes Kyrie is gone from here.

Anyways I hope we can fill out the roster adequately with those exceptions and dip UNDER the tax. Would hate to rack up another tax bill for a team that's truly not going to be a championship threat next season.

Also, please LET ROZIER WALK.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

Re: Some Important C's Cap & Tax Info From Bobby Marks
« Reply #1 on: June 18, 2019, 11:30:00 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
So is d’angelo russel, Ronda’s Hollis Jefferson, Julius randle options or not ???

« Reply #2 on: June 18, 2019, 11:30:42 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Perfect, use the full MLE to sign Darren Collison and the bi-annual exception to sign Nerlens Noel.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #3 on: June 18, 2019, 11:32:11 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
I really hope Al comes back. I'm not excited about what we could bring in for $27 MM.

If Al leaves all our moves should be built around acquiring future draft capital. That might mean signing Rozier and trading him for picks in December. With the $19 MM remaining, I'd want them to sign someone to a value contract that would be worth draft picks to contenders at the deadline. Maybe someone like Julius Randle on a short contract?
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2019, 11:43:12 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."
I've never been a Julius Randle fan, but he had a darn good season and will get paid.  NOP could re-sign him though, right?

Nerlens would be fine on short money.

« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2019, 11:45:41 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
I've never been a Julius Randle fan, but he had a darn good season and will get paid.  NOP could re-sign him though, right?

Randle declined a 9M player option (understandably). I think he'll get paid in the 15-18M a year range. I'd be stunned if he got less than that though.

« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2019, 11:47:02 AM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft

Randle had a player option for $9 MM that he declined. So he's an unrestricted free agent now. I'm not sure how he fits with Zion, as they are pretty similar style players so I doubt they bring him back.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2019, 11:47:37 AM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
Another important thing to note...

Whoever we sign with the MLE could be used as salary filler (about 8-9M) in some future trade.

Not that I know anyone who could be available this upcoming season, but in today's NBA you never know. Maybe another disgruntled star becomes available? Never know...

« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2019, 11:49:18 AM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Perfect, use the full MLE to sign Darren Collison and the bi-annual exception to sign Nerlens Noel.
This would be awesome. I can get people a bit nervous about Noel's spacing, but for 15MPG he's golden.

Collison is my ideal vet PG
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2019, 11:50:41 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
This would be awesome. I can get people a bit nervous about Noel's spacing, but for 15MPG he's golden.

Collison is my ideal vet PG
Yeah, Collison is the perfect low usage veteran floor general to pair with a dynamic wing duo in Jaylen and Tatum. And Noel will likely be splitting around 30-35 MPG at C with Baynes, so he'll be fine.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2019, 11:54:26 AM »

Offline GreenEnvy

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1031
If we resign Horford and Rozier (might as well, at this point) AND have both exceptions, I think we can still be a threat.

If both Jay’s take the next step, Rozier can perform like he did as a starter in the 2018 playoffs, Hayward returns to his Utah form, we nab a really good player with the MLE, and we hit on one of our picks with an impact player, I like our chances.

Lots of if’s, but I can see a way we can come out of the East.
CELTICS 2024

« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2019, 11:56:23 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
If we resign Horford and Rozier (might as well, at this point) AND have both exceptions, I think we can still be a threat.

If both Jay’s take the next step, Rozier can perform like he did as a starter in the 2018 playoffs, Hayward returns to his Utah form, we nab a really good player with the MLE, and we hit on one of our picks with an impact player, I like our chances.

Threat maybe but the Celtics need shooters in a bad way.  No one on the Celtic team is a knock down shooter.  Good shooter at times but not a knock down shooter.  The C's need a few badly.

« Reply #12 on: June 18, 2019, 12:54:09 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

Threat maybe but the Celtics need shooters in a bad way.  No one on the Celtic team is a knock down shooter.  Good shooter at times but not a knock down shooter.  The C's need a few badly.

TP Delk. Ainge is a moron tho.

« Reply #13 on: June 18, 2019, 01:31:04 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

If Kawhi leaves Toronto, there is still an opening. We still have to see what PHI does and who they keep. But even then we could still be a Top-4 team in the East behind MIL, PHI, maybe IND or even NY/BKN depending on what they do.

I expect Kawhi to stay btw.

« Reply #14 on: June 18, 2019, 07:35:31 PM »

Online Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!
So if the news is true about Horford, then all of a sudden his 2nd tweet comes into play.

The maximum amount of cap space for Boston this summer would be $27M. However, that would not include Kyrie Irving, Al Horford, Marcus  Morris, Terry Rozier and renouncing the rest of the free agents. That would shrink to $19M if you factor in Rozier.

Not saying we're going to have max cap space but if you let Rozier and Morris walk as well we might actually open up about 20M in cap space (less if Rozier stays).