Author Topic: You're LeBron, what do you do next?  (Read 3575 times)

Re: You're LeBron, what do you do next?
« Reply #30 on: January 14, 2018, 03:54:19 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
The only legacy left for Lebrick to chase is really to be the first superstar to win a ring in three or more different teams..No one in history has done that..certainly not a superstar of his calibre. He aint chasing Jordan no more, he cant even reach Kobe right now so If he can win three from 3 diffrent teams then he does something special to carry with him. The problem is GS is pretty much cementedto win in the next 3 or 4 years ( C's ofcourse will try and say something about that..Right about now we are the only team capable of beating them).

Cavs ain't winning anything anymore, even if they get PG...They'd need an AD type to atleast have a chance. IF He joins Houston, well there will be war out West but even that ain't really guaranteed.

Somewhere Robert Horry is trying to get your attention. I know you qualified your point by saying 'at least no one of LeBron's superstar caliber has ever done this' but the truth is if LeBron chases a ring for the 3rd time in his career then even he ceases to be of the Caliber of the LeBron James we know today. He simply gets reduced to the class of lets say a Shaquille O'Neal. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing it just does not get you to the rarified air of a Jordan or Kobe.
Certainly don't think so, say if he joins our very own Celtics and with his buddy Kyrie get the 19 championship over one of the most dominant teams talent wise in NBA history in GSW no one will say he's ring chasing. I think he will be remembered for leading 3 different teams to championships instead of ring chasing ala KD because he forms superteams instead of joining one. I'd give him the "rarified air" of say Jordan and Kobe, both of which had excellent management to surround both of them to championships eventually in the their careers instead of having **** FOs like LeBron did in Cleveland.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #31 on: January 14, 2018, 04:23:56 AM »

Online celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1386
Lebron will go to whatever team can pay him the max and give him the best chance to win a title.  So that would make Cleveland the clear front runner, but if Houston can figure out a way to clear the salary and keep both Harden and Paul, they would have a real shot.  The only other teams that make any sense are Philadelphia and the Lakers (but only if the Lakers are able to land a couple of other top tier players).

I think it's pretty telling that there is already many issues and problems with defense, and players now frustrated with how ball dominant Lebron has been. He literally has been in control of every offensive possession, not to mention he had to pay 40 minutes last night and still lose to the Pacers. I don't know where on Earth, you possibly think Cleveland is anywhere near the chance of winning a championship. The East is relatively wide open, but its clear cut that the Wizards, Raptors, Cleveland, and Celtics are the only dominant forces in the East currently. We will wait and see what happens in the playoffs, but this Cleveland team as is, doesn't have the roster nor enough offensive firepower to make up for the lapses they have on defense.
what if they trade Thompson for Jordan?  What if Marc Gasol becomes available and they land him?  What if the recent struggles are more about Thomas being very rusty and they figure it out once Thomas stops missing the broad side of a barn.  What if Crowder remembers how to play?  The Cavs have the best 10 man rotation in the East and a top 3 such rotation in the game. 

And let's not forget the Cavs were a very poor defensive team last year as well, but still cruised into the NBA Finals (they are worse this year, but they were still bad last year).

And they have a top 10 pick coming to them which they can use or trade this summer.   

So you are basically assuming an absolute best case scenario for Cleveland?

You are quickly becoming my favorite poster

« Reply #32 on: January 14, 2018, 07:13:58 AM »

Offline playdream

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 88
Lebron will go to whatever team can pay him the max and give him the best chance to win a title.  So that would make Cleveland the clear front runner, but if Houston can figure out a way to clear the salary and keep both Harden and Paul, they would have a real shot.  The only other teams that make any sense are Philadelphia and the Lakers (but only if the Lakers are able to land a couple of other top tier players).

I think it's pretty telling that there is already many issues and problems with defense, and players now frustrated with how ball dominant Lebron has been. He literally has been in control of every offensive possession, not to mention he had to pay 40 minutes last night and still lose to the Pacers. I don't know where on Earth, you possibly think Cleveland is anywhere near the chance of winning a championship. The East is relatively wide open, but its clear cut that the Wizards, Raptors, Cleveland, and Celtics are the only dominant forces in the East currently. We will wait and see what happens in the playoffs, but this Cleveland team as is, doesn't have the roster nor enough offensive firepower to make up for the lapses they have on defense.
what if they trade Thompson for Jordan?  What if Marc Gasol becomes available and they land him?  What if the recent struggles are more about Thomas being very rusty and they figure it out once Thomas stops missing the broad side of a barn.  What if Crowder remembers how to play?  The Cavs have the best 10 man rotation in the East and a top 3 such rotation in the game. 

And let's not forget the Cavs were a very poor defensive team last year as well, but still cruised into the NBA Finals (they are worse this year, but they were still bad last year).

And they have a top 10 pick coming to them which they can use or trade this summer.   
Then bring them on
We will beat them anyway

« Reply #33 on: January 14, 2018, 08:19:48 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Walk into an active Volcano!

I think he will go somewhere where he has a loaded chance to win a title. 

« Reply #34 on: January 14, 2018, 09:26:50 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 359
hes not staying with Cleveland. They are at the point now where Miami was before Lebron left.

They are full of overpaid veterans that lebron wanted and have no roster flexibility to improve their team...save trading the brooklyn pick. a much better cavs team last year got blown out by golden state

If lebrons goal is to go to the finals every year and get blown out of the water by golden state...then he will stay with cleveland.

people keep looking at past season to explain that the cavs will figure it out. BUT their defense has been this bad all year. Even on their winning streak. Its not going to get better, and having to outscore your opponent 120-119 every night is not a winning formula

« Reply #35 on: January 14, 2018, 09:32:44 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2961
Walk into an active Volcano!

I think he will go somewhere where he has a loaded chance to win a title.

That ...if titles really matter more than money ....

He goes to LA where he can probably double his income with new business deals .   Although , it will take 2-3 years for LA to mesh , find a coach ,  and really be in position to beat Boston and GS .  by then he is 36 -37 years old ....and really really whining . 

Time is running out ....kinda like Kobe last years.   LA riskes big rebuild once again ....this comes with the price of signing LeBron ....knowing once he is gone your in auto tank mode.  I think the chance of Lebron winning a title for Lakers is  very slim ....time is against him .  But i suppose if Curry or KD get hurt anything is possible.

Houston is his best chance to add a ring.   Harden does all the Kyrie scoring he is used to.   Will Houston pay the luxury tax to win a title
« Last Edit: January 14, 2018, 09:38:54 AM by SHAQATTACK »

« Reply #36 on: January 14, 2018, 09:54:42 AM »

Offline konkmv

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 104
Asks for the Celtics to play for them for the minimum... kyrie says thats the teamwork spirit i want... comes behind Tatum and Hayward from the bench... gets the 6th man reward after scoring 22-24p against every bench team... wins 4-5 titles in a row and gets an assistance coach job behind brad...

« Reply #37 on: January 14, 2018, 10:37:37 AM »

Offline timpiker

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 112
I think LeBUM will take the best overall financial deal he can find = basketball $ plus endorsements $ and business opportunities $ to set him up to buy a team in retirement.

Now, if Snyder offers something with team ownership, he might stay in Cleveland.

I think.