Poll

Would you want the C's to go for Tim Duncan?

Yes
Yes but he won't leave Spurs
No

Author Topic: Would you want the C's to go for Tim Duncan?  (Read 10209 times)

Re: Would you want the C's to go for Tim Duncan?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2012, 11:07:51 AM »

Offline Kane3387

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 944
  • Intensity!!!
I'm not sold he won't leave the Spurs, but it won't be to come to Boston.  If he leaves it will be to a team he thinks could realistically win a title and that isn't going to be Boston.  I could see him going to Miami, Chicago, Dallas, L.A. (either one), or Oklahoma City.  I could also see him going to Charlotte to end his career near where he played college ball.

I don't think he leaves the Spurs, but I don't think it is entirely set in stone either.

I could see OKC b/c of the Presti Spurs connection. The organizations are run almost identically. The other teams I can't see it, but I never thought Mailman would be a Laker either.

We all saw how well Shaq played with us last year. Duncan would be five to ten times better then that.

KG: "Dude.... What is up with yo shorts?!"

CBD_2016 Cavs Remaining Picks - 14.14

« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2012, 11:09:34 AM »

Offline alajet

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 54
He will never, ever, ever, ever leave the Spurs.  I can't think of a player who is more singularly associated with a particular organization.  Even other star players who've only played for one organization - Kobe's a Laker, but he flirted with free agency and they've flirted with trading him.  Pierce will retire as one of the all-time Celtics greats, but you know that Danny at least was open to trading him.

There's never been a single moment since Duncan was drafted where you ever thought he was going anywhere else, either of his own volition or the team's.  He IS the Spurs franchise.  

Dirk?

Kobe and Dirk actually got involved in trades, although never playing for the teams they were drafted by. :)

I'm not sold he won't leave the Spurs, but it won't be to come to Boston.  If he leaves it will be to a team he thinks could realistically win a title and that isn't going to be Boston.  I could see him going to Miami, Chicago, Dallas, L.A. (either one), or Oklahoma City.  I could also see him going to Charlotte to end his career near where he played college ball.

I don't think he leaves the Spurs, but I don't think it is entirely set in stone either.

A frontcourt consisting of KG and Tim belongs to a realistic contender, imo.

« Reply #17 on: April 20, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2409
He will never, ever, ever, ever leave the Spurs.  I can't think of a player who is more singularly associated with a particular organization.  Even other star players who've only played for one organization - Kobe's a Laker, but he flirted with free agency and they've flirted with trading him.  Pierce will retire as one of the all-time Celtics greats, but you know that Danny at least was open to trading him.

There's never been a single moment since Duncan was drafted where you ever thought he was going anywhere else, either of his own volition or the team's.  He IS the Spurs franchise.  
Except when he almost signed with Orlando as a free agent in ... what year was it? The Grant Hill and Tracy McGrady summer. 2000?

« Reply #18 on: April 20, 2012, 02:57:36 PM »

Offline Leeds

• Svi Mykhailiuk
  • Tommy Points: 2

If we had
1 - PG - Rondo
2 - SG - Bradley
3 - SF - Pierce
4 - PF - KG
5 - C - Tim Duncan 

Other roster players: Bass, Stiemsma, 1st  RND Rookie x2, Pietrus, JJJ, Moore, Sean Williams, + 2 other mediocre squad players

I  think this would  be a roster capable of challenging  for the championship...

« Reply #19 on: April 20, 2012, 04:33:25 PM »

Offline youcanthandlethetruth113

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 153
He will retire a Spur ...no doubt.

Agreed 100%
"Perk is not an alley-oop guy" - Tommy Heinson - Feb 27th 2008 vs. Cleveland

« Reply #20 on: April 20, 2012, 05:26:35 PM »

Offline Finkelskyhook

• NCE
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 285
Zero chance of Duncan not retiring a Spur.
Less than zero chance of him playing on another NBA team.

« Reply #21 on: April 20, 2012, 06:40:06 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
What is the obsession/fetish with old guys here?

« Reply #22 on: April 21, 2012, 01:03:14 AM »

Offline Edgar

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 445
  • No contaban con mi astucia !!!
What is the obsession/fetish with old guys here?

experience win championships
Once a CrotorNat always a CROTORNAT  2 times CB draft Champion 2009-2012

Nice to be back!

« Reply #23 on: April 21, 2012, 04:01:40 AM »

Offline OriginalODb

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 31
No, I want him to retire a Spur, it would be best for our collective sports soul

« Reply #24 on: April 21, 2012, 06:46:11 AM »

Online Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1549

If we had
1 - PG - Rondo
2 - SG - Bradley
3 - SF - Pierce
4 - PF - KG
5 - C - Tim Duncan 

Other roster players: Bass, Stiemsma, 1st  RND Rookie x2, Pietrus, JJJ, Moore, Sean Williams, + 2 other mediocre squad players

I  think this would  be a roster capable of challenging  for the championship...
That team is not a realistic contender.  Way too old.  It just is.  The run is over guys.  We as a fanbase need to realize that.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2012, 06:50:41 AM »

Offline cman88

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 366
I would much rather re-sign Kevin Garnett

« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2012, 08:15:45 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
No, I want him to retire a Spur, it would be best for our collective sports soul
good point.....although I have to say my sports soul was stomped on and discarded a long tim ago...I think Lebron wizzed on the last tiny fragment of it that remained

« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2012, 08:16:24 AM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
this

« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2012, 08:37:19 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372

« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2012, 05:21:40 PM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
experience win championships

Not really.   You need stars too.   Playing together helps and it never hurts to have the best players.  While I think experience is a factor I think of the great Utah Jazz teams who had experience and didn't win jack.

At some point old guys get too old to win and unreliable.