Author Topic: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***  (Read 18559 times)

Re: The Critique Rondo Thread
« Reply #120 on: January 30, 2013, 08:58:28 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
So is the main argument that we will be better on both ends now that Rondo's out?  That's completely false.

I can see it defensively, but not offensively.  If the argument is that Rondo holds the ball too much, can someone explain to me how he ends game with an average of 11 assists?  Maybe we ought to fault the role players for not hitting shots they are supposed to hit (Bass and Lee, specifically)?  Maybe we need to fault our sub-par rebounding for Rondo not being able to get out in transition?

I don't think we're better, because I believe a engaged rajon rondo is the best player on the team.

However, short term I wouldn't be surprised to see us win more because I don't he was engaged defensively this year and was coasting, and also that he hurts some of the newer additions offensive production because they aren't used to moving without the ball and essentially being spot up shooters.

Lee, Terry, Green, and barbosa specifically come to mind as guys who have been asked to play roles coming off picks/ spot up shooting which aside from terry, they have never been known for. 

I think a team engaged defensively, which Rondo was not, and allowing those guys to go back to their strengths, I.E getting iso's and getting their own shots/ drives COULD lead to short term success.

However, when playoff time rolls around, which is the time you generally get the absolute best out of Rajon, we won't be near as good.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #121 on: January 30, 2013, 09:02:03 AM »

Offline celtsfan84

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 80

Why did the title of the thread change? Wasn't there enough Rondo bashing going on?

"Bash" sounds vindictive and non-constructive.

I'll refrain from "critiquing" some of the posts in response to this...

That'd be a first . . .

« Reply #122 on: January 30, 2013, 09:10:41 AM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
So is the main argument that we will be better on both ends now that Rondo's out?  That's completely false.

I can see it defensively, but not offensively.  If the argument is that Rondo holds the ball too much, can someone explain to me how he ends game with an average of 11 assists?  Maybe we ought to fault the role players for not hitting shots they are supposed to hit (Bass and Lee, specifically)?  Maybe we need to fault our sub-par rebounding for Rondo not being able to get out in transition?

I don't think we're better, because I believe a engaged rajon rondo is the best player on the team.

However, short term I wouldn't be surprised to see us win more because I don't he was engaged defensively this year and was coasting, and also that he hurts some of the newer additions offensive production because they aren't used to moving without the ball and essentially being spot up shooters.

Lee, Terry, Green, and barbosa specifically come to mind as guys who have been asked to play roles coming off picks/ spot up shooting which aside from terry, they have never been known for. 

I think a team engaged defensively, which Rondo was not, and allowing those guys to go back to their strengths, I.E getting iso's and getting their own shots/ drives COULD lead to short term success.

However, when playoff time rolls around, which is the time you generally get the absolute best out of Rajon, we won't be near as good.

I agree with your points on defense and in the playoffs.

I don't buy this whole "now that Rondo's out the other guys will get to play to their strengths and suddenly score more."  I don't like the idea of of not having a true PG out there to initiate plays.

The only reason Lee, Bass, and Bradley were getting open shots was BECAUSE of Rondo.  Even KG and Pierce needed help from Rondo setting them up.

The only guy I see improving is Terry, if only because he'll have the ball more.  Then again, Doc might keep him in the Ray role, which has rendered him useless.

« Reply #123 on: January 30, 2013, 03:25:59 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19

I agree with your points on defense and in the playoffs.

I don't buy this whole "now that Rondo's out the other guys will get to play to their strengths and suddenly score more."  I don't like the idea of of not having a true PG out there to initiate plays.

The only reason Lee, Bass, and Bradley were getting open shots was BECAUSE of Rondo.  Even KG and Pierce needed help from Rondo setting them up.

The only guy I see improving is Terry, if only because he'll have the ball more.  Then again, Doc might keep him in the Ray role, which has rendered him useless.

Wait... so your saying Lee, Bass and Bradley are basically handicapped and don't know how to play basketball without another bandhandler... I never thought that the 3 of them don't know anything about playmaking in their past years of experience. I'm so shocked that you know everything about their mentality game...  :o
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Re: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***
« Reply #124 on: January 30, 2013, 03:37:48 PM »

Offline OttawaCeltic

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 19
Lol, I made this thread like days before the critical injury happened. How ironic his rival D.Rose was just coming back... it really seems like those conspiracy fans are right, like how they were saying the league is always making LeBron's path to the finals is fixed and smoothen out.. :-\

PS: Let it all out guys! Keep attacking Rondo!  ;D

Ottawa is in France right?

French Canada, so they do speak French.

I really hope you guys don't represent the education system in the US... Ottawa is the capital of Ontario, which is primarily English... We all don't speak french but it is highly recommended just like Spanish for u guys.

PS. If u want to state a disagreement, dont attack the other person. Attack his statement... ::)
Jameer an elite PG?Please, ask that to his garbage highlights.

PAUL PIERCE, NO!

Re: *** The Bash Rondo Thread ***
« Reply #125 on: January 30, 2013, 03:39:49 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25636
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Locked.

I'd point the original poster to this rule:

Do not delete or edit out warnings / staff edits that have been made to your post without staff permission.  Doing so is a suspendable offense.

Don't do it again, and don't restart this thread.  If you do, you won't be ever starting another thread on this forum.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes