Author Topic: Just hand ManRam the MVP award already  (Read 15307 times)

Just hand ManRam the MVP award already
« on: April 14, 2008, 10:38:20 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 106
This guy is on fire, I have never seen him hit the ball better than he has in the first two weeks of this season. That shot right that couldnt have come at a better time.

Re: Just hand ManRam the MVP award already
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2008, 11:00:15 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I'm down with that. Funny how the only guy on the entire team that had anything good to say about the trip to Japan and the early schedule is the guy hitting the best. A fast Manny start(which shouldn't be completely unexpected considering he is playing for a $20 million team option to be picked up) will probably equate to 45 HRs and 150 RBIs. If the Sox repeat as the team with the best record, yeah, just wrap up the MVP trophy and mail it to his digs in Brazil.

« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2008, 11:26:01 PM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
I knew when he stood up to the plate in the nonth tonight, he was going to go yard. I expect him to hit more homers if Ortiz doesnt get back to normal soon.

« Reply #3 on: April 19, 2008, 10:45:54 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I love it, I said before the year that I thought he was going to have a monster year and he's helping make my prediction become true.
do it

« Reply #4 on: April 19, 2008, 11:51:35 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Manny in my main (Red Sox) man ... one of the best power swings to ever play the game. This year has just started and he's already just tearin' up the diamond! Gotta love his follow-through and that "all cleared for launch" look after he nails one. I understand the people who criticize him watching the ball soar, as it delays his trip to first if it doesn't clear the fence ... but that's Manny, man, and I think we can cut him a little slack where that's concerned. Go Sox!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *

« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2008, 12:45:13 AM »

Offline MVPPierceNoJoke

• Don Chaney
This Man(pun intended) is unreal. It will be scary once he hits mid season form.
Four more homeruns till he gets 500

« Reply #6 on: April 20, 2008, 09:27:10 AM »

Offline Robb

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 128
I understand the people who criticize him watching the ball soar, as it delays his trip to first if it doesn't clear the fence ... but that's Manny, man, and I think we can cut him a little slack where that's concerned. Go Sox!

I don't agree with anyone who doesn't like his staring at the ball.  They asked him about it one time and he just shrugged and said in his kid in a candy store voice "I just like hitting home runs..."  I don't understand how you can dislike a guy who just likes hitting the ball a long way.  People get on him so much saying he's lazy and whatever, but like you said, he's Manny.  And best of all, if the Sox win the title again, we can go to his place for free drinks.
We're the ones we've been waiting for.

« Reply #7 on: April 20, 2008, 09:33:58 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
I thought this was going to be about LeBron James! That should be his new nickname.

« Reply #8 on: April 20, 2008, 11:57:45 AM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
MVP? Why, because he's not having an off year again? Those bold big year predictions people are making may have something to do with the team option at the end of the season. Josh Hamilton, MVP.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #9 on: April 21, 2008, 10:20:37 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
MVP? Why, because he's not having an off year again? Those bold big year predictions people are making may have something to do with the team option at the end of the season. Josh Hamilton, MVP.

The predictions are because of the big team option at the end, but Josh Hamilton doesn't have a chance in hell to win MVP.  The Rangers are the worst team in the division, he'll hardly get any votes.  Last year was Manny's only off year in his career in my opinion.  I don't care why he's putting the numbers up, as long as he putting them up.  Plus, it's all just Manny being Manny.
do it

« Reply #10 on: April 21, 2008, 10:23:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
I thought this was going to be about LeBron James! That should be his new nickname.

Bad ManRamma Jamma
Yup