Author Topic: Avery Bradley for Dante Exum straight up.  (Read 16496 times)

Avery Bradley for Dante Exum straight up.
« on: August 05, 2015, 09:05:04 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1136

If I'm giving up Avery no picks. Bradley would be a huge boost to Utah this year and for the rest of his contract.
 Exum has looked just OK, and now it will be 18 months till he is 100%. And he may not ever get back his athleticism.
 We can afford the gamble, Exum COULD be special but probably won't be. It works Avery for Bradley straight up in the trade machine.
 If I'm Utah I have to consider this trade, there want to win now.

Re: Avery Bradley for Dante Exum straight up.
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2015, 09:09:33 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254
 I don't think Utah goes for it at all. I think they say something like "Let's see where the Nets are in the standings around February and then reconsider it with the Nets pick".  Then I think Ainge says "If we're gonna do that let's see Exum's knee in a year first"

« Reply #2 on: August 05, 2015, 09:10:44 PM »

Offline Endless Paradise

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 182
"We need a point guard, so let's trade away our point guard for a guy who is definitively not a point guard because... we need to win now? I think? I mean, we did just undergo a youth-oriented rebuilding process, but for some reason, we think we can and have to contend with the Western Conference elite as soon as next season."

« Reply #3 on: August 05, 2015, 09:50:05 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson

They have a PG in Trey Burke who's way ahead of Exum right now. Burke avg. 13 ppg and 5 apg his rookie year Exum avg. 4.8 ppg 2.4 apg.
 Avery is better than Exum right now buy a mile, especially considering defense. Exum won't be the player he was for a year and a half. And the player he was 5pts and two assists. I make the trade If I'm Utah. He tore his ACL. His stock is down news flash.

« Reply #4 on: August 05, 2015, 09:51:21 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
They are not trading Exum. Geez.

« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2015, 09:53:33 PM »

Offline KG Living Legend

• Don Nelson
Bradley and Rozier would you make that trade. I wouldn't if I'm Danny. Exum is Overrated.

« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2015, 10:00:33 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
Bradley and Rozier would you make that trade. I wouldn't if I'm Danny. Exum is Overrated.

Exum is not overrated.  I'd do that in a heartbeat were I Danny.  I'd bet Exum gets you Nerlens.

« Reply #7 on: August 05, 2015, 10:17:34 PM »

Offline ThePoeticWolf

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 14

If I'm giving up Avery no picks. Bradley would be a huge boost to Utah this year and for the rest of his contract.
 Exum has looked just OK, and now it will be 18 months till he is 100%. And he may not ever get back his athleticism.
 We can afford the gamble, Exum COULD be special but probably won't be. It works Avery for Bradley straight up in the trade machine.

Not to be rude but do you watch sports news before you make a post.  Why would you trade Avery Bradley a productive player, for someone who just torn there ACL and hasn't shown much in the NBA.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/08/04/dante-exum-utah-jazz-knee-injury-australia-update

« Reply #8 on: August 05, 2015, 10:37:41 PM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

Not to be rude but do you watch sports news before you make a post.  Why would you trade Avery Bradley a productive player, for someone who just torn there ACL and hasn't shown much in the NBA.

http://www.si.com/nba/2015/08/04/dante-exum-utah-jazz-knee-injury-australia-update

I'm not sure that KG's alleged inattention to sports news is the problem here. Read the OP again.

« Reply #9 on: August 05, 2015, 11:02:55 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
I don't think people understand how badly Dante Exum played last season.  He was one of 12 players last year with 500+ minutes who posted negative VORP, BPM, and WS/48 last season.  The players who have done that twice in the last five seasons are trash like Michael Beasley, Ronnie Price, and Ish Smith.  Other hot garbage who have done that once include Jonny Flynn, both Pargo brothers, Anthony Bennett, and Austin Rivers.  The best players to have had a season that bad in recent years are probably Ben Gordon and Lance Stephenson.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I think trading for Exum should only be done if you are giving up value that treats him as the equivalent of Austin Rivers.  And what kind of idiot wants to trade for the next Austin Rivers?
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #10 on: August 05, 2015, 11:28:53 PM »

Offline saltlover

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 2619
I don't think people understand how badly Dante Exum played last season.  He was one of 12 players last year with 500+ minutes who posted negative VORP, BPM, and WS/48 last season.  The players who have done that twice in the last five seasons are trash like Michael Beasley, Ronnie Price, and Ish Smith.  Other hot garbage who have done that once include Jonny Flynn, both Pargo brothers, Anthony Bennett, and Austin Rivers.  The best players to have had a season that bad in recent years are probably Ben Gordon and Lance Stephenson.

Maybe he will prove me wrong, but I think trading for Exum should only be done if you are giving up value that treats him as the equivalent of Austin Rivers.  And what kind of idiot wants to trade for the next Austin Rivers?

I think you're a) ignoring the fact that he was nearly the youngest player in the NBA last year, and certainly the youngest to get major minutes, and b) ignoring the fact that the Jazz played very well when he was inserted into the starting lineup.  His defense was good due to his length and quickness.  He met most people's expectations last year, which is good for someone who was 19 the entire season.  The performers you're listing as negatives across the advanced stats were all significantly older, and generally not rookies.

The Jazz finished the year strong with him playing a major role, and again, after they moved him to the starting lineup.  That doesn't happen with trash players on lottery teams.

« Reply #11 on: August 05, 2015, 11:47:53 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
And what kind of idiot wants to trade for the next Austin Rivers?

I'm sure we can do some local searching and find lots of idiots that wanted to trade for the next Austin Rivers even after he showed everyone he sucked.

Despite the fact that Exum has showed more promise than Austin Rivers, as detailed above, I am sure we could find some that would rather trade for Austin Rivers.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #12 on: August 05, 2015, 11:54:23 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950

I think you're a) ignoring the fact that he was nearly the youngest player in the NBA last year, and certainly the youngest to get major minutes, and b) ignoring the fact that the Jazz played very well when he was inserted into the starting lineup.  His defense was good due to his length and quickness.  He met most people's expectations last year, which is good for someone who was 19 the entire season.  The performers you're listing as negatives across the advanced stats were all significantly older, and generally not rookies.

The Jazz finished the year strong with him playing a major role, and again, after they moved him to the starting lineup.  That doesn't happen with trash players on lottery teams.

If you need me to compare him to sucky teenagers, then fine.  What kind of idiot wants to trade for the next Sebastian Telfair?

Zach Levine and Andrew Wiggins were only a few months older and played more minutes.  Wiggins wasn't a complete disaster, but Levine put up some terri-bad numbers.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #13 on: August 06, 2015, 12:04:15 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
I miss Telfair.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #14 on: August 06, 2015, 12:13:29 AM »

Offline GratefulCs

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 496
  • Salmon and Mashed Potatoes
I trust Danny Ainge