Author Topic: Chad Ford: C's now leaning towards Tatum over Jackson, Jackson declining workout  (Read 23410 times)

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
Gets me very worried when ainge starts to draft based on workouts, its how we end up with orien greene types

And Terry Rozier...who was a guy they could have gotten much later

Now that is BS. There were reports that Rozier wouldve been gone as early as 18. Certainly wouldve been gone by 22.

Workouts are important because you get to see firsthand if their flaws are fixable, or if the player is going to be a problem. Going by film alone is risky. The fact that a player is invited to a workout means the staff has done their fair share of research on the player.

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 660
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Gets me very worried when ainge starts to draft based on workouts, its how we end up with orien greene types

Now that is BS. There were reports that Rozier wouldve been gone as early as 18. Certainly wouldve been gone by 22.

Workouts are important because you get to see firsthand if their flaws are fixable, or if the player is going to be a problem. Going by film alone is risky. The fact that a player is invited to a workout means the staff has done their fair share of research on the player.

We will agree to disagree on him not being there later on. But I think the workout cannot be the end all be all

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
Really good article on what each Jackson, Isaac and Tatum bring and what they can become.

http://www.draftexpress.com/article/comparing-and-contrasting-the-prospects-of-tatum-jackson-and-isaac-6062/

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
https://mobile.twitter.com/JakeLFischer/status/877564484889477123

Brad liked Tatums ability to guard 1-4

Maybe Tatum will be the pick then

He said he valued it, didn't say that Tatum could do it. And in fact, can he guard point guards? No way.

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047

We will agree to disagree on him not being there later on. But I think the workout cannot be the end all be all
you can but that was the scuttlebutt that night and afterwards when the draft was being analyzed.  There was serious talk he was going to be taken at 18 and wouldn't have lasted after that.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce

He said he valued it, didn't say that Tatum could do it. And in fact, can he guard point guards? No way.

Can tomorrows draft happen already?!?

Offline max215

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 624

you can but that was the scuttlebutt that night and afterwards when the draft was being analyzed.  There was serious talk he was going to be taken at 18 and wouldn't have lasted after that.

This is a fact. It was reported that Chicago was locked in on him.
Isaiah, you were lightning in a bottle.

DKC Clippers

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

i too saw reports about rozier not lasting to 22. would you please provide the reports or articles you read that say differently? i would like to read those as well.

next, if you are suggesting that ainge makes his decisions on a player by using workouts as the "end all and be all", then we do disagree.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja

Can tomorrows draft happen already?!?

dont worry triboy, i am sure ainge will decide to select isaac, thereby pitching the entire cb population into simultaneous hissy fits, rending of garments, wailing, cheering, shock, and general hub bub.

i am sure ainge runs the celtics intentionally in ways that drives cb crazy.  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC

i too saw reports about rozier not lasting to 22. would you please provide the reports or articles you read that say differently? i would like to read those as well.

next, if you are suggesting that ainge makes his decisions on a player by using workouts as the "end all and be all", then we do disagree.

I think Ainge was the one who said that. I did find this that had a pretty large agreement that he was slotted for the end of round one:

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2525281-one-on-one-with-the-most-criticized-pick-of-the-2015-nba-draft-terry-rozier

My point was Ainge does like guys who work out for him. He had Rozier in 2 or 3 times and then took him at 16. I personally don't think Jackson should be passed on because he did not come in and work out for Boston

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
danny will do yet something unexpected

take Issac or Fox

he never doescanything logical

Online celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I like Fox...think he is better than Ball and Fultz.

I can see Isaac..but think it will be Jackson. Just gives Boston some bench energy and attitude

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
Adam Himmelsbach: Josh Jackson on Celtics: “I see a lot of the players on their team are about the same things that I’m about…I love to win.” – via Twitter AdamHimmelsbach

Might be too late... I dont have a good feeling 

Phx might luck out with Jackson