Author Topic: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread  (Read 234621 times)

Re: NBA 2019 Playoffs Thread
« Reply #525 on: April 19, 2019, 08:28:15 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
Do people believe the speculation embiid has degenerative arthritis?

Heard the rumor, but pure speculation by a doc who saw his knee brace.  Bill Russell got this later in his career. Am sure there are many others.

i think the concern would be that he has it at his current age. I was honestly surprised he missed the game yesterday cause their season was potentially on the line. It feels like the 76ers medical team is not always honest about this stuff. I am definitely worried he won't have a long career which stinks cause he does some really cool things on the court and has great low post moves.
Regardless of the Sixers medical staff, why would you give any weight to some doctor who has no knowledge of Embiid's situation and is just purely speculating based on Embiid wearing a knee brace?  Wearing a knee brace fits with knee tendonitis.  Keith Pompey has video of Embiid practicing today and it doesn't look like he was wearing any knee brace.

Im more giving credence to the fact that he just missed a game and has missed half the games since the all star break with knee soreness .
Which is consistent with knee tendonitis.

I’m honestly not sure what point you are trying to make here? People in this thread were saying they could consider trading him cause he keeps missing time. He is missing time and playoff games now. What’s the part you object to?
You raised the baseless speculation of Embiid having degenerative arthritis which is a long-term concern when he's actually been reported as having knee tendonitis which is not a long-term concern assuming proper treatment.  There's no reason to doubt the knee tendonitis diagnosis since knee soreness, pain, wearing a brace, etc are consistent with knee tendonitis.

Hmm, I personally don’t really care if his knee is arthritis, tendinitis or something else. He obviously has real issues staying healthy. You do add in the fact that the 76ers have been really shady with the health of their players for years and it all adds up to being troublesome. If it is important to you feel free to get real hung up on his diagnosis from the front office, in the meantime he is now officially doubtful for game 4 tomorrow
Sitting Embiid for game 4 makes a lot of sense.  It'll give him 8 straight days of rest.  Some people are suggesting sitting him for the whole series.  The Sixers took back home court and they shouldn't need Embiid to beat the Nets.  They do need Embiid as healthy as possible to have a chance against the Raptors. 

« Reply #526 on: April 19, 2019, 10:20:43 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 995
Let's put Kyrie back in!

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #527 on: April 19, 2019, 10:21:21 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Rozier is just out there fumbling with the ball and bricking 3's. I want him OUT.

« Reply #528 on: April 19, 2019, 10:55:57 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
At least the Celtics are taking care of business because the Bruins sure are choking once again.

« Reply #529 on: April 19, 2019, 11:32:00 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2943
  • On To Banner 18!
This Blazers-Thunder game has been amazing so far. Should be a fun finish.
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #530 on: April 20, 2019, 12:03:33 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1391

Heard the rumor, but pure speculation by a doc who saw his knee brace.  Bill Russell got this later in his career. Am sure there are many others.

i think the concern would be that he has it at his current age. I was honestly surprised he missed the game yesterday cause their season was potentially on the line. It feels like the 76ers medical team is not always honest about this stuff. I am definitely worried he won't have a long career which stinks cause he does some really cool things on the court and has great low post moves.
Regardless of the Sixers medical staff, why would you give any weight to some doctor who has no knowledge of Embiid's situation and is just purely speculating based on Embiid wearing a knee brace?  Wearing a knee brace fits with knee tendonitis.  Keith Pompey has video of Embiid practicing today and it doesn't look like he was wearing any knee brace.

Im more giving credence to the fact that he just missed a game and has missed half the games since the all star break with knee soreness .

I’m honestly not sure what point you are trying to make here? People in this thread were saying they could consider trading him cause he keeps missing time. He is missing time and playoff games now. What’s the part you object to?
You raised the baseless speculation of Embiid having degenerative arthritis which is a long-term concern when he's actually been reported as having knee tendonitis which is not a long-term concern assuming proper treatment.  There's no reason to doubt the knee tendonitis diagnosis since knee soreness, pain, wearing a brace, etc are consistent with knee tendonitis.

Hmm, I personally don’t really care if his knee is arthritis, tendinitis or something else. He obviously has real issues staying healthy. You do add in the fact that the 76ers have been really shady with the health of their players for years and it all adds up to being troublesome. If it is important to you feel free to get real hung up on his diagnosis from the front office, in the meantime he is now officially doubtful for game 4 tomorrow
Sitting Embiid for game 4 makes a lot of sense.  It'll give him 8 straight days of rest.  Some people are suggesting sitting him for the whole series.  The Sixers took back home court and they shouldn't need Embiid to beat the Nets.  They do need Embiid as healthy as possible to have a chance against the Raptors.

You certainly have a lot of 76ers and embiid optimism. I wish we had celtics fans this optimistic about our team and injuries

« Reply #531 on: April 20, 2019, 12:07:56 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

You certainly have a lot of 76ers and embiid optimism. I wish we had celtics fans this optimistic about our team and injuries
If only....

« Reply #532 on: April 20, 2019, 01:19:02 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

If only....

Nick you, phosita and Roy are top of list for guys I’d like to have a beer with from this blog

« Reply #533 on: April 20, 2019, 01:28:08 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
Thunder trim the series to 2-1

« Reply #534 on: April 20, 2019, 02:46:04 AM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
As of right now the Celtics are the only playoff team to win their first three games.

Just 13 more wins for title 18!!!!!

« Reply #535 on: April 20, 2019, 03:16:51 PM »

Offline letsgoblue86

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 279
Never expected Caris Levert to be this effective in the NBA. Probably the best or with Trey Burke for best player to come out of all those solid Michigan teams.

« Reply #536 on: April 20, 2019, 03:39:22 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
2nd quarter just started and Embiid looks gassed...laboring up the court..

That closeup camera shot of him has him dripping with sweat...already?

Dude still effective, though...several blocks and is definitely a presence in the middle.

Not sure how much that will help them versus TOR.

He won't be able to get much rest this playoffs.

« Reply #537 on: April 20, 2019, 03:42:46 PM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis

Dude still effective, though...several blocks and is definitely a presence in the middle.

I was pretty surprised to see him playing. It does seem like he gets out of shape so fast.

« Reply #538 on: April 20, 2019, 03:57:10 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White

No matter, whoever wins this series will lose to Toronto. Siakam and Leonard will overwhelm either team.

« Reply #539 on: April 20, 2019, 04:01:09 PM »

Offline liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3174
The Sixers are a very easy team to hate.