Author Topic: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27  (Read 121365 times)

Re: Celtics (0-1) at Heat (1-0) 12/27
« Reply #900 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:24 PM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
thank you rajon rondo  ::) ::) team fought so hard to cut the lead stupid dumb play.

No need to blame the loss on Rondo.  Rough time to make a mistake, but he deserves a mulligan for how well we played. 

Rondo and Ray were the only reasons the game stayed honest.  Dooling's incredible shooting was the only reason it got close.
7 turnovers total tonight and 12 in the first 2 games. But I'm sure there's no need to blame the losses on this.

He's also got a combined 25 assists and he's pushing the pace at breakneck speed to make up for our lack of shooting/offensive quality.

Rondo hurt us at the very end.  Does that invalidate everything else he did?

why wouldnt it? It may have cost us the game or tie

If Ray had turned it over, it would be the main reason we didnt tie or have a chance to win that game...

and since Rondo is the guy, he should take most of the blame

« Reply #901 on: December 27, 2011, 11:49:44 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
I certainly wouldn't want Rondo as the crunch time scorer for my squad, but he has more than enough crunch time bonafides as a distributor.
Being clutch doesn't mean being a score. It means giving him the ball when the game is on the line and trusting that he can make stuff happen.

Sadly, I haven't seen this from Rondo really (and I think the problem is more fundamental than shaky free throws). He can carry your team for stretches during the game, but closing out is a different story.

I think his lack of scoring/the slower pace of close games in crunch time lessens his impact for this team in crunch time. But I think his decision-making is usually pretty good and he's still a capable half-court penetrator. 

And on a team that is built to run regardless of the time of the game (as the Suns did in recent incarnations), I think Rondo would be just as effective as he is during "stretches in the game."
2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #902 on: December 27, 2011, 11:51:38 PM »

Offline snively

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 454
thank you rajon rondo  ::) ::) team fought so hard to cut the lead stupid dumb play.

No need to blame the loss on Rondo.  Rough time to make a mistake, but he deserves a mulligan for how well we played. 

Rondo and Ray were the only reasons the game stayed honest.  Dooling's incredible shooting was the only reason it got close.
7 turnovers total tonight and 12 in the first 2 games. But I'm sure there's no need to blame the losses on this.

He's also got a combined 25 assists and he's pushing the pace at breakneck speed to make up for our lack of shooting/offensive quality.

If Ray had turned it over, it would be the main reason we didnt tie or have a chance to win that game...

Why do they even play the first 3.5 quarters if nothing that happens during those periods ultimately matters?

2016 CelticsBlog Draft: Chicago Bulls

Head Coach: Fred Hoiberg

Starters: Rubio, Danny Green, Durant, Markieff Morris, Capela
Bench: Sessions, Shumpert, G. Green, T. Booker, Frye
Deep Bench: CJ Watson, H. Thompson, P. Zipser, Papagiannis, Mejri

« Reply #903 on: December 28, 2011, 12:07:15 AM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Our guys played their butts off and left it all on the court. I have nothing to complain about on their end. I'll just say I was not at all happy about the officiating.

« Reply #904 on: December 28, 2011, 12:09:55 AM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
Our guys played their butts off and left it all on the court. I have nothing to complain about on their end. I'll just say I was not at all happy about the officiating.

pretty much sums up my feelings too

« Reply #905 on: December 28, 2011, 01:23:33 AM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Great effort by the Cs tonight.  0 and 2, and I couldn't be prouder of our team right now.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #906 on: December 28, 2011, 04:43:04 AM »

Online Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2401
Garnett looks noticeably slower this season.

Especially when trying to recover to his man after defending the pick and roll or playing any type of help defense (those multiple effort type plays). Looks like KG is attempting to switch a lot more frequently (with JO) to work around the decline in quickness. Relying on his smarts to get by.

« Reply #907 on: December 28, 2011, 09:49:09 AM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

Why would it?  If not for Rondo, we wouldn't have even been in a position to tie the game.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #908 on: December 28, 2011, 01:44:08 PM »

Offline rayallen1934

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42

Why would it?  If not for Rondo, we wouldn't have even been in a position to tie the game.

Thats an excuse for any player.

Rondo is way smarter than that. Hes done that TWICE in a playoff game BACK TO BACK, those full court passes are bad and he does them at the end of games.

We were down one possession with the ball, down 3, riding momentum, Ray on fire , Dooling on fire, Rondo with his great playmaking ability.

But he got careless and wanted to make a huge play.

I rather blame him then him doing that again. A turnover at a big moment in the game is what it is.

« Reply #909 on: December 28, 2011, 01:46:52 PM »

Offline Celtics18

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1469
Garnett looks noticeably slower this season.

Especially when trying to recover to his man after defending the pick and roll or playing any type of help defense (those multiple effort type plays). Looks like KG is attempting to switch a lot more frequently (with JO) to work around the decline in quickness. Relying on his smarts to get by.

I figured KG would look slower this year, but I didn't expect him to look as slow as he has so far.  I'm hoping that he can shake some rust off a long off-season and start moving a little better.
DKC Seventy-Sixers:

PG: G. Hill/D. Schroder
SG: C. Lee/B. Hield/T. Luwawu
SF:  Giannis/J. Lamb/M. Kuzminskas
PF:  E. Ilyasova/J. Jerebko/R. Christmas
C:    N. Vucevic/K. Olynyk/E. Davis/C. Jefferson

« Reply #910 on: December 28, 2011, 02:36:52 PM »

Offline TheReaLPuba

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
How many cheap techs and blown calls did we see in this game?

No Pierce and some rookie going off?

I'm actually very surprised we were in this game but not surprised that we would come back.

This team just doesn't give up.

And for people who think that PP doesn't make a difference?

Shame on you.

PP is a HOF and the soul of this team.

Just having him on the floor makes everyone's confidence that much higher and PP is easily our best scorer and another great playmaker that every team desperately needs.

What killed us last night was our putrid defense and stupid turnovers and missed free throws.

The Heat are definitely a very good team but they're not 70% shooting good.

We let them get off in transition and we let them get into a good offensive groove.

C's can play so much better and more importantly they can get healthier.

There are no teams that scare me.