Author Topic: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft  (Read 106774 times)

Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« on: January 03, 2019, 02:47:53 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
Back again with my (almost annual) thread on tracking the C's picks for this coming draft.  Didn't do one for last year with the C's only having the 1 first rounder.

Standings as of 1/3/18 -- will try to update weekly

Memphis pick tied #12--  (tied with Dallas and Charlotte) (protected top 8 ) 
                   Games Behind    Current Wins   Games Left   Last 10
Utah                       0.5                  18                     44                5-5
Detroit                    0.5                  17                     46                4-6
Memphis                ---                   18                     45                 2-8
Dallas                      ---                  18                     45                 3-7
Charlotte                 ---                  18                     45                  4-6
Miami                     +0.5                 18                     46                 7-3

-->  tie with Dallas gives them a tie for the #12 slot.  Even though they're tied with Charlotte, Charlotte's in the
playoffs in the East so they're not in the mix right now to worsen this pick.  Miami is also in the Eastern playoffs so
they won't be hurting this pick for now either.

Kings pick -- #14  (protected if top 1 - becomes Sixer pick if #1)
                       Games Behind    Current Wins     Games Left    Last 10
Charlotte                 1.0                   18                      45                  4-6
Miami                       0.5                    18                     46                   7-3
Sacramento             ----                   19                     45                   4-6

--> last lottery draft position.  even though they have a better record than 2 teams in the East that are currently in
the playoff picture, Kings pick jumps up 2 spots.   

Clipper Pick #20   -- (protected  top 14) 
LA Lakers                  0.5                    21                     44                  4-6
San Antonio               0.5                    21                     44                  7-3
LA Clippers                ---                    21                      45                 4-6
Portland                     +0.5                  22                     44                 7-3
Houston                     +0.5                 21                      46                 9-1

-->  Clips falling off their early pace.  Portland and Houston should now be able to put some distance between
themselves and the Clips to prevent that pick from getting worse.  SA should pass them soon in the standings to
help the cause.

Boston Pick #23
Portland                  0.5                   22                     44                7-3
Houston                  0.5                  21                      46                9-1
Boston                   ---                     22                     45                 5-5
Philadelphia           +2                     25                     43                 6-4
OKC                         +2                   24                     45                 7-3

-->C's pick figures to get a bit worse than #23 this year as the team starts to really gel.  would expect to see them
pass Philly, OKC and Indiana before it's over and possibly the Bucks and Nuggets too.

Second Rounders:
Boston (protected 31-55)

Second rounders
Boston - #53

Re: Celtic Picks - 2019 draft
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2019, 02:51:59 PM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 549
TP for doing this.  I think it is more likely that the Clips fall into the lottery than end up in the top 4 in the West.  So teams passing them at this point isn't good. 

« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2019, 02:55:00 PM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467
TP for doing this.  I think it is more likely that the Clips fall into the lottery than end up in the top 4 in the West.  So teams passing them at this point isn't good.

Memphis has also been on a big slide and are an injury away from a top 8 pick.  If I were a betting man I would say the C's only have 2 first round picks this year with Memphis conveying next year. 

« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2019, 02:58:41 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
great thread dude
I wish the SAC and MEM pick watch threads would have the OP updated occasionally, similar to past pick tracking threads (LAL, BKN)

expecting the LAC playoff push to come down to the bubble, maybe they'll sneak in...

« Reply #4 on: January 03, 2019, 03:16:33 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
thanks for the feedback all.  hope this thread provides some info to everyone while generating a discussion on how the picks are looking for us.

« Reply #5 on: January 08, 2019, 01:08:45 AM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
Kings (20-20) def. Magic 111-95

« Reply #6 on: January 08, 2019, 09:01:03 AM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823

Yeah, the Kings are way too good. Come on, Vlade, make a bad trade, will you?

« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2019, 09:02:37 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144

They are going to start slipping by all star break I think, they are relying heavily on youth and speed, and once the wear of the season kicks in they will slow and hit a wall.

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2019, 09:21:25 AM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach

They are going to start slipping by all star break I think, they are relying heavily on youth and speed, and once the wear of the season kicks in they will slow and hit a wall.
I think another factor that comes into play is that the West has pretty much everyone with a shot at the last playoff spot (except Phx) so there's going to be more teams than usual playing for something rather than just running out the string of the season.

« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2019, 09:49:14 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

I think another factor that comes into play is that the West has pretty much everyone with a shot at the last playoff spot (except Phx) so there's going to be more teams than usual playing for something rather than just running out the string of the season.

exactly, I firmly believe that the pick will land between 5-10.

And thats insane considering that basically Fultz was traded for a top 10 pick AND Jayson Tatum

« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2019, 10:02:50 AM »

Offline tonydelk

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 467

Even if this happens the best we can hope for is a pick from 8-12.  At the end of the season I would not be shocked if the Memphis pick rolled over to next year and the Clips pick falls to the lottery and we lose it.

« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2019, 10:09:40 AM »

Offline GreenShooter

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87

Even if this happens the best we can hope for is a pick from 8-12.  At the end of the season I would not be shocked if the Memphis pick rolled over to next year and the Clips pick falls to the lottery and we lose it.
Not so fast.......

2019 first round draft pick from L.A. Clippers
L.A. Clippers' 1st round pick to Boston (via Memphis) protected for selections 1-14 in 2019 and 1-14 in 2020; if the L.A. Clippers have not conveyed a 1st round pick to Boston by 2020, then the L.A. Clippers will instead convey their 2022 2nd round pick to Boston [L.A. Clippers-Memphis, 2/18/2016; Boston-Memphis, 6/23/2016]

« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2019, 10:21:44 AM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533

except youth and speed doesn't exactly disappear at the same rate as old and slow (at least if the conditioning is there).  If anything, their youth and speed will actually help them.  They are also a very deep team and Bagley just played his first game in like a month yesterday (so they now get him back as some reinforcements). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2019, 10:56:48 AM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Memphis has also been on a big slide and are an injury away from a top 8 pick.  If I were a betting man I would say the C's only have 2 first round picks this year with Memphis conveying next year.

wouldn't surprise me if they shutdown their two stars and pursue the tank route

Chandler "no work" Parsons, really messed up that teams potential

« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2019, 10:59:30 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell

except youth and speed doesn't exactly disappear at the same rate as old and slow (at least if the conditioning is there).  If anything, their youth and speed will actually help them.  They are also a very deep team and Bagley just played his first game in like a month yesterday (so they now get him back as some reinforcements).

ever hear of Rookie wall?

The travel, the practices, the lifestyle etc all lead to youth being more susceptible to getting sluggish more so than vets.