Author Topic: NBA 2019-2020 season thread  (Read 397105 times)

Re: NBA 2019-2020 season thread
« Reply #1425 on: January 10, 2020, 11:50:49 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
In just his 2nd season, he reminds me of All-Time greats....

You place an All-Time Great on ANY team and he makes them BETTER....

His saving grace is that I am certain that DAL won't goon this up for him...he'll get the talent around himself to truly showcase his skills...make his job easier.

Much of this talent is already there, IMO....

Carlylse and Cuban are among the best. Just be patient, Luka.
Or, alternatively, force your way to Boston Luka!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1426 on: January 10, 2020, 11:52:19 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106
Luka just ripped his jersey in frustration after missing a FT - LOL!!

Love it.

I'm going to beat a dead horse....sound like a broken record..whatever...but this dude is SPECIAL.

Dude's intensity is KG-Like.

Just promise me THIS, Young Luka - don't headbutt stanchions.....don't make Cheerios references in the game, don't get in Bar Fights and don't punch yourself in the jaw by accident.

Really bums me we got the no.1 pick in the wrong season.
Pre-IT trade I was vocal about thinking our BKN pick gave us a chance at him. It obviously didn’t, as the Nets improved, but man, I was always hoping. Blegh!
Wouldn’t Nets pick - 8 plus Sacramento pick plus Memphis pick do it for Atlanta at the time?
Those were some prime assets during that time

« Reply #1427 on: January 10, 2020, 11:55:43 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785

His saving grace is that I am certain that DAL won't goon this up for him...he'll get the talent around himself to truly showcase his skills...make his job easier.

That would be a DREAM.....but if not BOS I'd be ok with him and Kristaps staying out west and making LeBron's last few years out there difficult.

I'd even be OK with Greek Freak going to DAL if things don't work out for him in MIL....

Can you imagine Greek Freak, Luka and Kristaps??

« Reply #1428 on: January 10, 2020, 11:57:14 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Love it.

I'm going to beat a dead horse....sound like a broken record..whatever...but this dude is SPECIAL.

Just promise me THIS, Young Luka - don't headbutt stanchions.....don't make Cheerios references in the game, don't get in Bar Fights and don't punch yourself in the jaw by accident.

Pre-IT trade I was vocal about thinking our BKN pick gave us a chance at him. It obviously didn’t, as the Nets improved, but man, I was always hoping. Blegh!
Wouldn’t Nets pick - 8 plus Sacramento pick plus Memphis pick do it for Atlanta at the time?

Celts already had Brown, Tatum, and Hayward at that time.

I'm sure nobody expected Luka to be this good.

Atlanta would've kept Luke if they knew he would be this good.

« Reply #1429 on: January 10, 2020, 11:59:32 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion

Love it.

Not sure. Feel like the Hawks were pretty enamoured with Trae, as he had proven himself to be comfortably the best guard in the NCAA. Tatum & the #8 though... Ah well, gotta move on.

That would be a DREAM.....but if not BOS I'd be ok with him and Kristaps staying out west and making LeBron's last few years out there difficult.

I'd even be OK with Greek Freak going to DAL if things don't work out for him in MIL....

Can you imagine Greek Freak, Luka and Kristaps??
Only problem about that big 3 is I don’t know if we’d ever beat them ;)
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #1430 on: January 11, 2020, 12:04:53 AM »

Offline tazzmaniac

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 550
Fultz had 25 last night and hit 2-5 from three. Is he starting to figure out? Considering he is still just 21 it seems like the 76ers could really use him now.
Cherry picking Fultz's best game doesn't make for a strong argument.  His two prior games he scored 6 pts each and he scored 6 pts in the game after.  He's had one other 20 pt game this season.  He's shooting 25.4% from 3 on 1.8 attempts.  So why in the world you would think Sixers could use him eludes me.  If by starting to figure it out you mean he isn't going to be a complete bust, you're probably correct but he's most definitely not ready to contribute in the playoffs for a championship contender and there is a good chance he never will be able to do so.   

If I'm the Sixers, I'd be looking to acquire players like Bertans and IT.  Maybe Marcus Morris if he gets bought out. 

« Reply #1431 on: January 11, 2020, 03:26:22 AM »

Offline celticsclay

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1394
Fultz had 25 last night and hit 2-5 from three. Is he starting to figure out? Considering he is still just 21 it seems like the 76ers could really use him now.
Cherry picking Fultz's best game doesn't make for a strong argument.  His two prior games he scored 6 pts each and he scored 6 pts in the game after.  He's had one other 20 pt game this season.  He's shooting 25.4% from 3 on 1.8 attempts.  So why in the world you would think Sixers could use him eludes me.  If by starting to figure it out you mean he isn't going to be a complete bust, you're probably correct but he's most definitely not ready to contribute in the playoffs for a championship contender and there is a good chance he never will be able to do so.   

If I'm the Sixers, I'd be looking to acquire players like Bertans and IT.  Maybe Marcus Morris if he gets bought out.

Had 15 6 and 6 tonight. Your weird post aside, I’ll ask
Again is he starting to figure it out?

« Reply #1432 on: January 11, 2020, 05:59:10 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
Duncan Robinson takes 8.5 FGAs per game. 7.3 of those attempts are three point attempts. That makes 86% of his shot attempts are three pointers.

Is that a good thing?
Or is that crazy?

I can't decide.

« Reply #1433 on: January 11, 2020, 06:36:02 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1546
Duncan Robinson takes 8.5 FGAs per game. 7.3 of those attempts are three point attempts. That makes 86% of his shot attempts are three pointers.

Is that a good thing?
Or is that crazy?

I can't decide.
He hits them at 44% and his 2PT% is 65.2%.  That says he shoot more from everywhere.
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #1434 on: January 11, 2020, 06:49:36 PM »

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550

Is that a good thing?
Or is that crazy?

I can't decide.

What exactly is confusing? He shoots 44% from 3. He should arguably be takin EVEN MORE of them.

« Reply #1435 on: January 11, 2020, 07:05:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Is that a good thing?
Or is that crazy?

I can't decide.
He hits them at 44% and his 2PT% is 65.2%.  That says he shoot more from everywhere.
His % of shots taken at different distances and FG% from different distances:

% of his 322 shots per distance and FG%
0-3'.....8.1%.....@88.5%.....23-26
3'-10'.....3.7%.....@50%.....6-12
10'-16'.....0.6%.....@0.0%.....0-2
16'-3PT.....1.9%.....@16.7%....1-6
3PT.....85.7%.....@43.8%....121-276

This shows he takes almost exclusively 3s which he makes at an elite level or layup/dunks that he makes at an elite level and he is an elite level FT shooter at over 92%.

Great shooter that takes only the smartest of shots. You would assume he could also be elite from 3' to 3PT but there really is not enough data to say for sure and sometimes you need other skills to be able to make a high % of shots in those other distances. He doesn't seem to have those physical skills or talent skills to score efficiently at those distances as, he really brings absolutely nothing to the table other than his elite shooting efficiency that makes him an effective bench weapon but an extremely flawed one.

« Reply #1436 on: January 11, 2020, 07:19:13 PM »

Offline NKY fan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 106

Is that a good thing?
Or is that crazy?

I can't decide.
His % of shots taken at different distances and FG% from different distances:

% of his 322 shots per distance and FG%
0-3'.....8.1%.....@88.5%.....23-26
3'-10'.....3.7%.....@50%.....6-12
10'-16'.....0.6%.....@0.0%.....0-2
16'-3PT.....1.9%.....@16.7%....1-6
3PT.....85.7%.....@43.8%....121-276

This shows he takes almost exclusively 3s which he makes at an elite level or layup/dunks that he makes at an elite level and he is an elite level FT shooter at over 92%.

Great shooter that takes only the smartest of shots. You would assume he could also be elite from 3' to 3PT but there really is not enough data to say for sure and sometimes you need other skills to be able to make a high % of shots in those other distances. He doesn't seem to have those physical skills or talent skills to score efficiently at those distances as, he really brings absolutely nothing to the table other than his elite shooting efficiency that makes him an effective bench weapon but an extremely flawed one.
That’s the type of player to surround the Rondos, Simmonses and Giannes of the world

« Reply #1437 on: January 11, 2020, 10:45:58 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Another Sixer loss to the Mavs.

Almost all teams in the NBA can beat the Sixers and the Celts can't?

Horford must be wishing he remained in Boston or that Theis will guard him every game he plays.

« Reply #1438 on: January 11, 2020, 10:48:56 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
Lakers blow out the Thunder without Lebron and AD.

Two weeks from now it will Lakers vs. Celtics in Boston.

AD vs. Theis?

« Reply #1439 on: January 12, 2020, 06:49:41 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2404
I find this Lakers team the most likeable LeBron-led team in a long time. I never warmed to his Cavs teams during his second tour there. His Miami teams were very good but always felt like they were underachieving relative to their talent. His early Cavs were somewhat likeable with Big Z and Varejao but not much else.

This Lakers team though -- I am loving watching old LeBron outmaneuver opposing defenses. I love his intent on passing and setting up the offense. I am a huge Anthony Davis fan (most talented player in the league today). I love Rondo. I love Dwight Howard. I very much like Danny Green. I like Avery Bradley. Lukewarm on JaVale McGee but I respect his late career resurgence after disappointing as a youth and then suffering serious injury problems. I like Kuzma.

There is just a lot of fun things on that team. Very likeable.