Author Topic: Celtics (30-23) at Bulls (42-13) 4/5  (Read 31295 times)

Re: Celtics (30-23) at Bulls (42-13) 4/5
« Reply #240 on: April 06, 2012, 12:22:26 AM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30
Two really tough losses, but we have to be able to beat teams without their best player. Horrible second half. We got hit in the mouth and never responded.

this same thing happened in philly last week.

start off great but then turn fatigue in the 3rd Q, that's what back 2 backs can do.

« Reply #241 on: April 06, 2012, 12:24:51 AM »

Offline Senninsage

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
I really don't care. The Celtics played a very hard fought game tonight. They lost due to the little things, and some very lucky [dang] plays on the Bulls' part, and Deng just seriously couldn't miss a thing for stretches in that 4th quarter. It took a huge effort from the Bulls to beat us, and I'll take that. We had two very tough, close losses in our last two games, and I don't have any issue with that at all, especially because both teams were very strong.

The celtics hurt themselves with some silly things tonight. That inbounding was atrocious. Pierce's lazy pass in the first quarter, I won't forget it. That hurt us big, despite our great first half lead. We can't have plays like that, we just can't. Also, Rondo I have to call him out for his cheating off of a very good three point shooter when he absolutely didn't need to do such a thing at all. It led to a huge shot for the Bulls that should never have happened in the first place.

All in all, for a back to back against the team with the best record in the entire league, I'll take it. These Celtics will be a serious problem in the playoffs. Anybody can see that. Also, that Ray Allen three was a legit three pointer. That was a bs call to take it away the way the refs did. Nonetheless, good, hard fought game, Celtics.

« Reply #242 on: April 06, 2012, 12:25:11 AM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3060
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS
Two really tough losses, but we have to be able to beat teams without their best player. Horrible second half. We got hit in the mouth and never responded.

start off great but then turn fatigue in the 3rd Q, that's what back 2 backs can do.
It sucks because in the 1st and second round there is some back to backs isn't there?

No bueno for us >:(
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #243 on: April 06, 2012, 12:31:19 AM »

Offline Celticsdiva

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Celtics fan from Brooklyn NY

It sucks because in the 1st and second round there is some back to backs isn't there?

There are never any back to backs. There is atleast a game in between all games.

« Reply #244 on: April 06, 2012, 12:32:52 AM »

Offline Celticsdiva

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 11
  • Celtics fan from Brooklyn NY

There are never any back to backs. There is atleast a game in between all games.

« Reply #245 on: April 06, 2012, 12:38:47 AM »

Offline European NBA fan

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 141

Actually it is possible, that there will be a back to back in the 2nd round of the playoffs due to the condensed schedule.

« Reply #246 on: April 06, 2012, 12:39:27 AM »

Offline CelticSooner

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 871
  • GOT IT!!!

http://www.nba.com/2011/news/11/27/schedule/index.html

Individual Team Schedule Breakdown

Conference Games: 48

• Play 6 teams 4 times (2 home, 2 away)

• Play 4 teams 3 times (2 home, 1 away)

• Play 4 teams 3 times (1 home, 2 away)

Non-Conference Games: 18

• Play 3 teams 2 times (1 home, 1 away)

• Play 6 teams 1 time at home

• Play 6 teams 1 time away

Back to Back to Backs: All teams with at least 1; no more than 3

Playoff Back to Backs: Possible in second round

« Reply #247 on: April 06, 2012, 12:41:56 AM »

Offline green7

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 30

what in the playoffs? if that's possible it really doesn't matter because just like we're on a back to back the team we are facing will be to.

« Reply #248 on: April 06, 2012, 12:45:46 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
I'm not worried, because this team looks vastly improved to the one I was watching at the beginning of the season... but is anyone worried?

Bucks are 4 games behind us... we still have games against the Pacers, Philly, Miami, Atlanta, Knicks, a back-to-back-to-back,  Magic, Atlanta, Miami..... and the Bucks.  Meanwhile... most of their schedule is against lotto teams.

I mean, I'm not worried... I'm just wondering if anyone else is.  

« Reply #249 on: April 06, 2012, 01:02:20 AM »

Offline thestackshow

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 112
We have to avoid chicago at all costs, they are our kryptonite.

They are the best rebounding team, and we are the worst, we cannot beat them.

Gotta avoid them somehow. Hope they get upset in round one?
[img width= height=]http://oi43.tinypic.com/2afde6p.jpg[/img]

« Reply #250 on: April 06, 2012, 01:54:30 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
A bit late but here's a TP anyway, FL.

« Reply #251 on: April 06, 2012, 08:11:45 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
two very tough games against potential NBA finals caliber teams, back to back.  Well fought both nites but came up short.  I'm not gonna complain one bit.  We proved we could hang, and that's just as important for projecting future success/