Author Topic: C's interview Plumlee,Zellar,Gobert, Glen Rice Jr,Alex Len and Oladipo  (Read 15411 times)

Re: C's interview Plumlee,Zellar,Gobert, Glen Rice Jr, and Oladipo
« Reply #45 on: May 17, 2013, 09:12:20 PM »

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Hypothetical: how many here would give up Bradley and #16 for Oladipo?

Just curious. I am a big fan of Oladipo myself...

Same here. Pretty sure I'd do it, and I've always liked Bradley. Oladipo is just a beast.
Its sad how many of you on here are willing to trade players who have dominated in the nba in one area or another, for some one who hasnt even yet stepped on an nba court.
It shows a lack of basketball maturity.

Really. There is plenty of reason to doubt Bradley's ability to be a major NBA talent. Yes he can defend; but he is undersized and has limited PG ability. So it is difficult to play him in certain situations.
Like it or not.

« Reply #46 on: May 17, 2013, 09:19:01 PM »

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.

Same here. Pretty sure I'd do it, and I've always liked Bradley. Oladipo is just a beast.
Its sad how many of you on here are willing to trade players who have dominated in the nba in one area or another, for some one who hasnt even yet stepped on an nba court.

Really. There is plenty of reason to doubt Bradley's ability to be a major NBA talent. Yes he can defend; but he is undersized and has limited PG ability. So it is difficult to play him in certain situations.
Like it or not.

Bradley's lack of growth (or, 'basketball maturity' ;) ) this season was one of the bigger disappointments. Bradley/Lee/Terry were like a disappointment Neapolitan ice cream Sunday. It was covered in unfulfilled potential with a sadness cherry.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
I was looking a mock draft thingy on line, and they show the Celtics taking some dude named Dario Saric  ??? .......sounds like a Vulcan from a n old STAR TREK  movie

Offline indeedproceed

• In The Rafters
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2756
  • You ain't the boss of the freakin' bedclothes.
I was looking a mock draft thingy on line, and they show the Celtics taking some dude named Dario Saric  ??? .......sounds like a Vulcan from a n old STAR TREK  movie

Saric was linked to some team (forgot who, not the Cs..maybe the Mavs?) who said he had 'superstar potential'. So that's something.

"You've gotta respect a 15-percent 3-point shooter. A guy
like that is always lethal." - Evan 'The God' Turner

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969
Gobert looks like that Hollins guy the Celtics had.... whom I was unimpressed 

I'm having a difficult time getting excited about the bigs (that C's can draft ) ,   maybe Glen        Rice would be a good pick as any .  Just a guess... ???

I blew the call last year with Royce  :-X...... lol

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Gobert looks like that Hollins guy the Celtics had.... whom I was unimpressed 

I'm having a difficult time getting excited about the bigs (that C's can draft ) ,   maybe Glen        Rice would be a good pick as any .  Just a guess... ???

I blew the call last year with Royce  :-X...... lol

Gobert is nothing like Hollins.  Hollins is a very mobile 7 ft, who brings little to the table in terms of rebounding, blocking shots

Gobert is giant who projects to rebound and block shots well but doesn't have the speed to be able to guard pick and rolls on the perimeter etc.

If Gobert had hollins speed or hollins had a 7'8 wingspan, both would prob go top 3 in this draft if not higher

« Reply #51 on: May 17, 2013, 09:53:47 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Like it or not.

Bradley's lack of growth (or, 'basketball maturity' ;) ) this season was one of the bigger disappointments. Bradley/Lee/Terry were like a disappointment Neapolitan ice cream Sunday. It was covered in unfulfilled potential with a sadness cherry.
Im gonna feel so good when Avery is a huge part of us winning our next championship and everybody on this site sees it. I promise that will happen.

« Reply #52 on: May 18, 2013, 12:50:05 AM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389

Basketball maturity, really?  It's immature to want an improvement on a player? It's not that hard to project who will be good defenders in the NBA.  Guys with quickness and athleticism who defended well in college tend to be good defenders in the NBA.  That's what was predicted and realized with Bradley.  If some people want an Oladipo because they think he can replicate Bradley's defense while being a better offensive player, that's not being immature.
It is immature because its based off of the most recent thing you have seen. Its like getting excited over a new toy.

Avery Bradley has locked down every guard in this league and based on numbers, is the best defender in basketball. A sub par playoffs where he was playing completely out of position does not undo that. The Avery Bradley who played the final 10 minutes of game 6 is the Avery Bradkey that we know and that we will see throughout his career. I think Oladipo will be good but Avery Bradley is a once in a generation type of defensive player.

Which numbers are you talking about?

I'd vote for LeBron or Tony Allen over Bradley as far as "best wing defender" goes.

Add Jimmy Butler on that list.

I'm not extremely high on Oladipo, but I'd definitely give up Bradley+ pick #16 for an exceptional talent at the SG position. Bradley is a very good role player, but will never be anything more than that. He's not a starting caliber player imo.

Some of these comments are pretty far-reaching. Bradley showed his weaknesses in the playoffs, not strengths. He isn't strong enough to guard strong PGs, not long enough to guard SGs. Great defender in his own right, and hopefully will come back stronger in the Fall - I'm sure shoulder surgeries held him back. But his build is slight, and he hasn't shown the ability to hit from the corner well enough to be a 3 and D guy. And what he showed in the last 10 minutes was his ability to make plays on the defensive end. Felton abused him throughout the series due to a lack of strength. His play stood out when he started taking chances... he anticipates well, makes great plays on the ball. But I doubt he's going to be the lockdown guy we hoped for. Maybe he will be, but right now, I'd put my money on Oladipo to become that guy... and not because of what I saw in him from a couple of games against Michigan.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

« Reply #53 on: May 18, 2013, 08:12:24 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421

Thats tough he may be the only player in this draft that I would be willing to combine the #16 and AB for. Its hard to give up a young player in AB who has already shown to have some elite skills for a rookie but I think Victor is going to be special.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

Offline relja

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 31
  • heart, hustle and muscle
http://www.celticslife.com/2013/05/projected-top-pick-nerlens-noel.html

Did anyone see this? If Danny pulls this off, he deserves a Nobel prize for being a genius.
When you lose, the easy part is to see who gives up. Giving up is very simple. You basically take your stuff and walk away. To continue to work and to continue to compete is one of the most difficult things, especially when you really don't have anything - KG

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
Im sitting here laughing at all these comments.

« Reply #56 on: May 18, 2013, 11:45:50 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

Basketball maturity, really?  It's immature to want an improvement on a player? It's not that hard to project who will be good defenders in the NBA.  Guys with quickness and athleticism who defended well in college tend to be good defenders in the NBA.  That's what was predicted and realized with Bradley.  If some people want an Oladipo because they think he can replicate Bradley's defense while being a better offensive player, that's not being immature.
It is immature because its based off of the most recent thing you have seen. Its like getting excited over a new toy.

Avery Bradley has locked down every guard in this league and based on numbers, is the best defender in basketball. A sub par playoffs where he was playing completely out of position does not undo that. The Avery Bradley who played the final 10 minutes of game 6 is the Avery Bradkey that we know and that we will see throughout his career. I think Oladipo will be good but Avery Bradley is a once in a generation type of defensive player.

I'd vote for LeBron or Tony Allen over Bradley as far as "best wing defender" goes.

I'm not extremely high on Oladipo, but I'd definitely give up Bradley+ pick #16 for an exceptional talent at the SG position. Bradley is a very good role player, but will never be anything more than that. He's not a starting caliber player imo.

Some of these comments are pretty far-reaching. Bradley showed his weaknesses in the playoffs, not strengths. He isn't strong enough to guard strong PGs, not long enough to guard SGs. Great defender in his own right, and hopefully will come back stronger in the Fall - I'm sure shoulder surgeries held him back. But his build is slight, and he hasn't shown the ability to hit from the corner well enough to be a 3 and D guy. And what he showed in the last 10 minutes was his ability to make plays on the defensive end. Felton abused him throughout the series due to a lack of strength. His play stood out when he started taking chances... he anticipates well, makes great plays on the ball. But I doubt he's going to be the lockdown guy we hoped for. Maybe he will be, but right now, I'd put my money on Oladipo to become that guy... and not because of what I saw in him from a couple of games against Michigan.
Dude, people on this blog are literally making it up as they go along.

"Felton abused him throughout the series due to a lack of strength".

So he can lock down Wade every time he plays him, but Felton is "too strong" for him? He couldnt guard him cause every time he touched a Knicks guard he had a whistle blown on him. Once the series was almost over he said *&%^ it and just played his game.

These things you guys write have about as much weight as Stephen Naismith's Doc rumors. Stop making up bull%&@!.

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bradley was clearly not 100 percent in this series and finished the 4th on pure adrenalin.

If AB played like that since game 1, i think we pull out of that series in 7.

« Reply #58 on: May 18, 2013, 12:49:33 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239

So he can lock down Wade every time he plays him, but Felton is "too strong" for him? He couldnt guard him cause every time he touched a Knicks guard he had a whistle blown on him. Once the series was almost over he said *&%^ it and just played his game.

These things you guys write have about as much weight as Stephen Naismith's Doc rumors. Stop making up bull%&@!.

While we're on the subject of making up BS, I'm still waiting on the numbers that show bradley to be the best defender in basketball.

Or does the laughter not cut both ways?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #59 on: May 18, 2013, 01:09:02 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

While we're on the subject of making up BS, I'm still waiting on the numbers that show bradley to be the best defender in basketball.

Or does the laughter not cut both ways?
He gave up .69 points per posession which was tops in the league and players ye was huarding shot 31 % against him which was also tops in the league. These numbers have been displayed in several articles and threads on this site severap times if you have read any.