Author Topic: C's interview Plumlee,Zellar,Gobert, Glen Rice Jr,Alex Len and Oladipo  (Read 15410 times)

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Len, Oladipo, and Rice Jr all sound good to me, but you probably have to move up for the first two.

Re: C's interview Plumlee,Zellar,Gobert, Glen Rice Jr, and Oladipo
« Reply #16 on: May 16, 2013, 11:29:40 PM »

Offline tarheelsxxiii

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1389
Hypothetical: how many here would give up Bradley and #16 for Oladipo?

Just curious. I am a big fan of Oladipo myself...

Same here. Pretty sure I'd do it, and I've always liked Bradley. Oladipo is just a beast.
The Tarstradamus Group, LLC

Offline JOMVP

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 100
I know Glen Rice Jr. played  against a bunch of players who will probably never make it in the NBA, but watching his DraftXpress video got me excited. Looks like he has an all around game.

« Reply #18 on: May 16, 2013, 11:48:39 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81

Same here. Pretty sure I'd do it, and I've always liked Bradley. Oladipo is just a beast.
Its sad how many of you on here are willing to trade players who have dominated in the nba in one area or another, for some one who hasnt even yet stepped on an nba court.

« Reply #19 on: May 16, 2013, 11:49:34 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

Its sad how many of you on here are willing to trade players who have dominated in the nba in one area or another, for some one who hasnt even yet stepped on an nba court.
It shows a lack of basketball maturity.

Offline WeMadeIt17

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 435
Rice Jr. Reminded me a lot of Giddens. Good rebounder/Athlete. I like Oladipo and Len. Not crazy about Zeller.

« Reply #21 on: May 17, 2013, 12:18:07 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71

Basketball maturity, really?  It's immature to want an improvement on a player? It's not that hard to project who will be good defenders in the NBA.  Guys with quickness and athleticism who defended well in college tend to be good defenders in the NBA.  That's what was predicted and realized with Bradley.  If some people want an Oladipo because they think he can replicate Bradley's defense while being a better offensive player, that's not being immature.

« Reply #22 on: May 17, 2013, 12:33:35 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

OK. So by that logic you wouldn't trade Bradley for Nerlens Noel either?

« Reply #23 on: May 17, 2013, 12:36:38 AM »

Offline Yogi

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 255

I love Victor, and he will be a good defender in the NBA.  But, Avery Bradley is special.  I've never seen anyone with his instincts on defense.  That is a gift he was born with.
Victor is a less offensively versatile and talented (but hopefully sturdier) Eric Gordon. 
CelticsBlog DKC Pelicans
J. Lin/I. Canaan/N. Wolters
E. Gordon/A. Shved
N. Batum/A. Roberson
A. Davis/K. Olynyk/M. Scott
D. Cousins/A. Baynes/V. Faverani
Rights: A. Abrines, R. Neto, L. Jean-Charles  Coach: M. Williams

« Reply #24 on: May 17, 2013, 12:37:14 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

If Avery Bradley had played in college basketball this year he would have been a potential number one pick.

« Reply #25 on: May 17, 2013, 12:40:47 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

Basketball maturity, really?  It's immature to want an improvement on a player? It's not that hard to project who will be good defenders in the NBA.  Guys with quickness and athleticism who defended well in college tend to be good defenders in the NBA.  That's what was predicted and realized with Bradley.  If some people want an Oladipo because they think he can replicate Bradley's defense while being a better offensive player, that's not being immature.
It is immature because its based off of the most recent thing you have seen. Its like getting excited over a new toy.

Avery Bradley has locked down every guard in this league and based on numbers, is the best defender in basketball. A sub par playoffs where he was playing completely out of position does not undo that. The Avery Bradley who played the final 10 minutes of game 6 is the Avery Bradkey that we know and that we will see throughout his career. I think Oladipo will be good but Avery Bradley is a once in a generation type of defensive player.

« Reply #26 on: May 17, 2013, 12:42:23 AM »

Offline Boris Badenov

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 1065

If Avery Bradley had played in college basketball this year he would have been a potential number one pick.

OK, that is an interesting claim. But my question is very simple and about something different. Would you trade Bradley straight up right now for Nerlens Noel?

« Reply #27 on: May 17, 2013, 12:43:01 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton

Absolutely not.  Guards who can't dribble, among other things, don't go number 1.  Oh my goodness.  Bradley is coming off a horrific postseason.  A potential no.1 pick, even in a weak draft, would hopefully have looked more versatile and better than Bradley did in the playoffs.

« Reply #28 on: May 17, 2013, 12:44:51 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton

It is immature because its based off of the most recent thing you have seen. Its like getting excited over a new toy.

Avery Bradley has locked down every guard in this league and based on numbers, is the best defender in basketball. A sub par playoffs where he was playing completely out of position does not undo that. The Avery Bradley who played the final 10 minutes of game 6 is the Avery Bradkey that we know and that we will see throughout his career. I think Oladipo will be good but Avery Bradley is a once in a generation type of defensive player.

How did he play out of position on defense.  Guarding point guards should be his strength.  He should have the size and quickness to be a lockdown point guard defender.  He wasn't close to that.  He struggled at both areas of the floor.  I won't comment anymore.  You're obviously a Bradley fanatic.

« Reply #29 on: May 17, 2013, 01:19:05 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum

OK, that is an interesting claim. But my question is very simple and about something different. Would you trade Bradley straight up right now for Nerlens Noel?
no