Author Topic: David Aldridge: Royce White turned down chance to workout for C's  (Read 15479 times)

Re: David Aldridge: Royce White turned down chance to workout for C's
« Reply #30 on: June 25, 2012, 06:08:37 PM »

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
So no one else is going to theorize that he had a panic attack, and the "promise" rumor was leaked by his agent to cover for the fact that he no longer could handle flying to visit teams.  So, the agent is hoping if teams thinks he is cancelling the workouts due to a promise, they won't be scared off the way they would be if he was cancelling them because he is crazy?

Well, I just theorized it.  And I 100% believe it.  There is no promise.  This is an agent working overtime to get his player picked.

100% belief that he has no promise despite Chad Ford's assertion that he has multiple sources indicating promise?

Why are you so eager to believe the least savory possibility when it comes to White?

I think a more reasonable explanation would be that he has a promise from a team more in the 25-30 range and White could be willing to take that so he doesn't have to travel as much.

"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

« Reply #31 on: June 25, 2012, 07:21:04 PM »

Online Neurotic Guy

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 2528
So no one else is going to theorize that he had a panic attack, and the "promise" rumor was leaked by his agent to cover for the fact that he no longer could handle flying to visit teams.  So, the agent is hoping if teams thinks he is cancelling the workouts due to a promise, they won't be scared off the way they would be if he was cancelling them because he is crazy?

Well, I just theorized it.  And I 100% believe it.  There is no promise.  This is an agent working overtime to get his player picked.

Though 'crazy' is probably too strong a word, your theory makes sense.
Just because there is logic to it doesn't mean that's what happened, but it's possible.

« Reply #32 on: June 25, 2012, 07:24:40 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2707
So, has anyone from the celtics, or White's agent, actually said that he never worked out for the celtics? I think this is smoke to make sure White falls to us at 21. Aldridge is far from a celtics insider. Wasn't he one of the idiots who was spreading rumors that we were trying to trade Rondo for Gasol?

« Reply #33 on: June 25, 2012, 07:29:42 PM »

Offline ManUp

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 285
  • Rondo doesn't believe in easy buckets...
Is be very happy to see White go ahead of us. White moving up means somebody else is pushed down. IMHO, an anxiety issue that requires he be medicated to keep it under control  is a bit to serious for my liking.

« Reply #34 on: June 25, 2012, 07:42:58 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1410
  • Let's Go Celtics!
So, we've had five years of Ray Allen's OCD...  we've had Delonte West and his bi-polar disorder a couple times...  and now we might be drafting a kid with SEVERE anxiety disorder?

What's next?  Trade for Metta World Peace?  Stephan Marbury chowing down on Vasoline was nothing compared to these guys. 
Honestly if  they can ball I don't care what type of disorder a player has.

....  which is fine - but I don't think Doc has been getting enough credit for the personalities he's had to handle!

please....
Ray Allen is a hall of fame player and an endless worker. His  OCD has actually helped him become the player he is .

As far as Royce White goes some of you sound really ignorant about Anxiety issues. The guy isn't a crazy wacko nut job, he just has had a bad fear of flying and stupid youthful decisions he has overcome in the past year. God forbid someone gets scared about flying thousands of feet up in the air in basically a tin can and having no control over the situation....

He has been changing his life around the past few years. He is a very bright kid who even taught himself to play the Piano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfOYhlTjwZE

On his 21st bday , he had a non alcoholic fundraiser for kids with anxiety disorders. To me this kid is doing everything he can to help shine a light on anxiety disorders to help others with the disorder see that they are not "crazy or nut jobs" just because some ignorant people still think that.

It really is disappointing how ignorant some people on these forums are. Being Bi-Polar or having anxiety/panic disorders doesn't qualify as crazy. Believe it or not, we can be fully functioning members of society, have lucrative careers, and even have families. Shocking, I know.

Royce seems to be addressing his issues and attempting to cope with it. That's all the kid can do.

Seriously, people should stop being afraid of things just because they don't understand it. Get educated. You never know, one day it could be your kid dealing with these types of issues.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #35 on: June 25, 2012, 07:56:02 PM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
So, we've had five years of Ray Allen's OCD...  we've had Delonte West and his bi-polar disorder a couple times...  and now we might be drafting a kid with SEVERE anxiety disorder?

What's next?  Trade for Metta World Peace?  Stephan Marbury chowing down on Vasoline was nothing compared to these guys.  
Honestly if  they can ball I don't care what type of disorder a player has.

....  which is fine - but I don't think Doc has been getting enough credit for the personalities he's had to handle!

please....
Ray Allen is a hall of fame player and an endless worker. His  OCD has actually helped him become the player he is .

As far as Royce White goes some of you sound really ignorant about Anxiety issues. The guy isn't a crazy wacko nut job, he just has had a bad fear of flying and stupid youthful decisions he has overcome in the past year. God forbid someone gets scared about flying thousands of feet up in the air in basically a tin can and having no control over the situation....

He has been changing his life around the past few years. He is a very bright kid who even taught himself to play the Piano

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hfOYhlTjwZE

On his 21st bday , he had a non alcoholic fundraiser for kids with anxiety disorders. To me this kid is doing everything he can to help shine a light on anxiety disorders to help others with the disorder see that they are not "crazy or nut jobs" just because some ignorant people still think that.
Seriously, I dont get what the folks on here think OCD or anxiety is. "We shouldnt draft him, he has OCD"...yall know OCD doesnt stand for often castrates dogs, right? Thousands of people have OCD and anxiety. I used to have both, and while they do affect your life, it obviously isnt like skitzafrenia or even bipolar disorder. Educate yourselves, its not the 50's.

« Reply #36 on: June 25, 2012, 08:07:33 PM »

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 733
So, we've had five years of Ray Allen's OCD...  we've had Delonte West and his bi-polar disorder a couple times...  and now we might be drafting a kid with SEVERE anxiety disorder?

What's next?  Trade for Metta World Peace?  Stephan Marbury chowing down on Vasoline was nothing compared to these guys. 

i do.

anxiety disorder ?  what's this kid going to do when we get to game 7 in a playoff series ? flip out in the locker room and start foaming at the mouth, eyes rolling back in his head, mumbling incoherently ?

funny is funny - and the Marbury comment was funny.
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

« Reply #37 on: June 25, 2012, 08:13:55 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
So, we've had five years of Ray Allen's OCD...  we've had Delonte West and his bi-polar disorder a couple times...  and now we might be drafting a kid with SEVERE anxiety disorder?

What's next?  Trade for Metta World Peace?  Stephan Marbury chowing down on Vasoline was nothing compared to these guys.  

i do.

anxiety disorder ?  what's this kid going to do when we get to game 7 in a playoff series ? flip out in the locker room and start foaming at the mouth, eyes rolling back in his head, mumbling incoherently ?

yea it really looked like the pressure of taking a game winner got to him here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=151dOlH-aAE

or how about when he played Thomas Robinson ( a top 5 draft pick) and out preformed him both times

Or when he dominated against Dummond( a top 10 pick) and Uconn in an NCAA tournament game( Drummond had 2 pts and 3 rebs or something like that , while White had 15/13)

How about when he played Kentucky and put up 25/9 on 75% shooting against the # 1 pick Davis and another lottery pick in Jones?

Yea really seems like the pressure of big games against top notch competition really gets to this kid....

« Reply #38 on: June 25, 2012, 08:19:05 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!

i do.

anxiety disorder ?  what's this kid going to do when we get to game 7 in a playoff series ? flip out in the locker room and start foaming at the mouth, eyes rolling back in his head, mumbling incoherently ?

Even if that's a joke it's so overwhelming ignorant. Get over yourself dude.

He's not Delonte West. He's not Ron Artest. He's a perfectly functional human being so happens to have some real basketball abilities.

« Reply #39 on: June 25, 2012, 08:23:38 PM »

Offline j804

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 3062
  • BLOOD SWEAT & TEARS

i do.

anxiety disorder ?  what's this kid going to do when we get to game 7 in a playoff series ? flip out in the locker room and start foaming at the mouth, eyes rolling back in his head, mumbling incoherently ?

yea it really looked like the pressure of taking a game winner got to him here

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=151dOlH-aAE

or how about when he played Thomas Robinson ( a top 5 draft pick) and out preformed him both times

Or when he dominated against Dummond( a top 10 pick) and Uconn in an NCAA tournament game( Drummond had 2 pts and 3 rebs or something like that , while White had 15/13)

How about when he played Kentucky and put up 25/9 on 75% shooting against the # 1 pick Davis and another lottery pick in Jones?

Yea really seems like the pressure of big games against top notch competition really gets to this kid....
the step back fake game winner was sweet
"7ft PG. Rondo leaves and GUESS WHAT? We got a BIGGER point guard!"-Tommy on Olynyk

« Reply #40 on: June 26, 2012, 05:03:57 AM »

Offline chambers

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 943
  • Boston Celtics= Championships, nothing less.
It's funny how ignorant some people are regarding the anxiety issue. So many people walk around with depression and anxiety and don't know about it. It increases their thirst for action and excitement and can also do the exact opposite too.

Being medicated for anxiety, in any form, is a very minor condition. It's being hyped up by the media. White, like a lot of anxiety sufferers, may be using it as a crutch for excuses to explain his earlier questionable behaviour (the laptop incident, breaking into students rooms randomly).

I have a family member with a similar condition and the medication has completely changed their life.
They could barely talk to strangers before, and now they can give a speech in front of 100 people no problem. We had no idea what was wrong with them and just she was just shy and reserved naturally.
I have no idea how many people suffer like this for their whole lives until they see a doctor.
There's every chance that Royce has turned a page with medication and education- he's obviously intelligent.
He'd probably be even more coachable now than ever because he's settled on meds for 3 years.
"We are lucky we have a very patient GM that isn't willing to settle for being good and coming close. He wants to win a championship and we have the potential to get there still with our roster and assets."

quoting 'Greg B' on RealGM after 2017 trade deadline.
Read that last line again. One more time.

« Reply #41 on: June 26, 2012, 05:30:46 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
Isn't he a 6'7 power forward with good handles for a college power forward?

My only problem is with his tweenerness.

« Reply #42 on: June 26, 2012, 08:00:51 AM »

Offline Smutzy#9

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 42
I think ATL wants him and Danny is going to make them trade up in front the Cs to get him.

Is he going to get past Minnesota at #18?

The last thing MIN need is another PF

« Reply #43 on: June 26, 2012, 08:04:13 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
I think ATL wants him and Danny is going to make them trade up in front the Cs to get him.

Is he going to get past Minnesota at #18?

The last thing MIN need is another PF

And even worse a PF in a SF's body

« Reply #44 on: June 26, 2012, 09:44:02 AM »

Offline popcontest

• Sam Hauser
  • Tommy Points: 34
Royce White's game looks a lot like Josh Smith's, no??

http://www.youtube.com/embed/AnMk_IvFZTs