Author Topic: Would love if the C's draft Jae Crowder and Royce White  (Read 15094 times)

Re: Would love if the C's drafted Jae Crowder and Royce White
« Reply #30 on: March 20, 2012, 02:41:09 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green
White needs to slim down. 270 is way to much. Other than that, hes really good.

Crowder would be huge if he fell to the 2nd round!
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #31 on: March 20, 2012, 03:58:23 PM »

Offline paintitgreen

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 154
That's the depth of this draft. Crowder is ranked 58th among prospects by Chad Ford.
Go Celtics.

« Reply #32 on: March 21, 2012, 12:16:55 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427
Royce White is 270 and and 6'8, same height as Lebron James but 20 lbs heavier

He seems pretty built vs Kentucky and seems like he could easily drop 20 lbs

« Reply #33 on: March 21, 2012, 12:50:24 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544

Where are people getting 270 from?  Everywhere I've looked, his listed weight is 240.

« Reply #34 on: March 21, 2012, 01:11:18 PM »

Offline TA9

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 118
  • I Bleed Green

Where are people getting 270 from?  Everywhere I've looked, his listed weight is 240.
http://espn.go.com/mens-college-basketball/player/_/id/45982/royce-white
Well the draft combine is near so we will find out soon enough.
Jack of all trades, master of none.

« Reply #35 on: March 21, 2012, 01:20:00 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey

Huh?  That's wierd.  On the ESPN NBA draft section, they have him listed at 240.  College profile says 270.

Either way, dude is jacked.  Might benefit him to slim down a little though.

« Reply #36 on: March 21, 2012, 03:09:33 PM »

Offline manl_lui

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 427

Huh?  That's wierd.  On the ESPN NBA draft section, they have him listed at 240.  College profile says 270.

Either way, dude is jacked.  Might benefit him to slim down a little though.

yeh I got mine also from ESPN and wikipedia lol, but he doesn't need to slim down that much. As I said, Lebron is roughly 250 as well and theyre both 6'8. He can have a similar build like Lebron, at this point he's bigger

we'll know in the draft combine, but I would LOVE to draft White though

« Reply #37 on: March 21, 2012, 04:03:52 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Looks like Royce White will enter the draft

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo

Iowa State's Royce White will add to what is expected to be a great draft for NBA teams looking for forwards.

https://twitter.com/#!/SpearsNBAYahoo

really hope the c's get the 8th seed(15th pick). He could be a huge building block for the future.

Hope LAC keep losing too so we could possibly package are picks to move up in the draft to grab him.

« Reply #38 on: March 21, 2012, 05:07:31 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
I have been watching Royce White play all year (I am a ISU graduate).  I think he has a lot of potential. I think the Lebron comparisons are in the ballpark.  He has incredible physical skills and a very nba ready body and athleticism.  But I am not sure if he is mature enough yet to handle the things that get thrown at a kid in the NBA.  I think that if he does come out for the draft his future will depend a LOT on the coaching staff that he is working with.

He created incredible match up problems almost every game because of his size and ability to handle the ball.  He has a lot of heart and determination, doesn't give up, doesn't sulk.  But if there is a knock, it would be his mid range shooting and free throw shooting.  He has improved on both of those through the season though.

The other issue with him is that ISU basically built their offense around his skills.  I am not sure what position he plays in the NBA?  I keep thinking power forward, but he does have the quickness and athletic ability to play the 3.  Just not the shooting ability normally seen from a wing.

I am not sure if Doc would be a good match for him or not.  IF we are really bad next year and the rookie / young player flood gates open, and he can get good chunks of playing time to earn doc's trust then doc might be a good mentor for the guy.  KG would also be a good mentor to keep him on the straight and narrow.  I really like the kid, just don't know where he fits at in the nba. 

« Reply #39 on: March 21, 2012, 05:14:32 PM »

Online blink

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1482
well here is the confirmation, he is in the draft:

http://www.desmoinesregister.com/article/20120321/SPORTS/120321026/Royce-White-announces-he-will-go-pro?odyssey=mod|breaking|text|Frontpage

I have been watching Royce White play all year (I am a ISU graduate).  I think he has a lot of potential. I think the Lebron comparisons are in the ballpark.  He has incredible physical skills and a very nba ready body and athleticism.  But I am not sure if he is mature enough yet to handle the things that get thrown at a kid in the NBA.  I think that if he does come out for the draft his future will depend a LOT on the coaching staff that he is working with.

He created incredible match up problems almost every game because of his size and ability to handle the ball.  He has a lot of heart and determination, doesn't give up, doesn't sulk.  But if there is a knock, it would be his mid range shooting and free throw shooting.  He has improved on both of those through the season though.

The other issue with him is that ISU basically built their offense around his skills.  I am not sure what position he plays in the NBA?  I keep thinking power forward, but he does have the quickness and athletic ability to play the 3.  Just not the shooting ability normally seen from a wing.

I am not sure if Doc would be a good match for him or not.  IF we are really bad next year and the rookie / young player flood gates open, and he can get good chunks of playing time to earn doc's trust then doc might be a good mentor for the guy.  KG would also be a good mentor to keep him on the straight and narrow.  I really like the kid, just don't know where he fits at in the nba. 

« Reply #40 on: March 21, 2012, 05:22:03 PM »

Offline CeltsAcumen

• NCE
  • Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 33
These kids are not first round picks, both can be attained in the 2nd round.

Why waste a 1st on undersized big men when Tyler Zeller, Cody Zeller (if he comes out), Patrick Young, Meyers Leonard, Terrance Jones and Perry Jones all could easily drop into the Celtics lap?

« Reply #41 on: March 21, 2012, 05:25:19 PM »

Offline redbov

• Xavier Tillman
  • Tommy Points: 3
I've only seen him in this tourney, but I certainly don't think Royce White has the quickness to check on NBA wings. At least at his current weight.

Very, very, funny player to watch though. Reminiscent of Antoine Walker, Boris Diaw but with rebounds. I read he's some sort of anxiety problem with flying though? That he drove 8000 miles for the NCAA tournament? He'll need to take care of that to play in the NBA.

Unless his anxiety problems are really serious, I don't believe White won't be a first round pick. Just a guy who lacked exposure up to this point.

Re: Would love if the C's draft Jae Crowder and Royce White
« Reply #42 on: March 21, 2012, 09:02:43 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
Royce White is absolutely a lottery talent.  His only question marks are off-court.

« Reply #43 on: March 22, 2012, 12:28:14 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
If the Celtics get the chance to pick up Royce White and dont, they and we the Celts fans, will regret it.

He dominated a front court filled with lottery talent.

As I have said before he shows the one clear attribute that every superstar displays. He is never in a rush.

I have watched alot of ball and I may not be a paid NBA scout but my instincts and my judgement tells me this guy will be a winner.

He needs to be.

Twenty year old with a young child already, and all kinds of flags and a chance to redeem his life mission and talent.

The way he played against Terrence Jones (bossed him) and Anthony Davis (comfortable against him), was an eye opener.

He is the best big man passer of the ball in the entire country, almost unstoppable in iso and with his poor shooting and free throws actually has room to improve.

Do it Celtics.

« Reply #44 on: March 22, 2012, 05:20:34 PM »

Offline dmopower

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 46
Bring this kid on.  The up side is way up. At first I saw A Walker in him, but after watching him more I'm thinking more like barkley. Imagine how good he would be playing with nba tallent.
blind optimist or GENIUS