Author Topic: Would love if the C's draft Jae Crowder and Royce White  (Read 15095 times)

Re: Would love if the C's drafted Jae Crowder
« Reply #15 on: March 19, 2012, 04:39:19 AM »

Offline ianboyextreme

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 81
Honestly the 2nd round in this draft has a lot of gems. Crowder, Draymond Green, Royce White. I hope we end up with one of them.

« Reply #16 on: March 19, 2012, 06:59:57 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would rather have White.

« Reply #17 on: March 19, 2012, 08:24:33 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
I would really like the Cs to draft crowder with a late 1st. I feel his skill set could be developed along similar lines to Posey or Bowen. He will never be able to create his own offense but as a defensive 3 who sits on the perimeter and shoots he could thrive in that role. The added perk with crowder is the fact that he will be a beast crashing the boards from the corner and he has the physical strength to at least bang with the big 3s in the NBA (lebron,Melo).

White, worries me with his athleticism and length. He is really smooth and super skilled but reminds me a lot of marcus fizer.

Dramond Green, will be an above average NBA player. To me he looks like a hybrid D Blair and Ryan Gomes. I see him as a Anthony Mason type player capable of filling a stat sheet with Pts Rbs and assists but he will struggle with defensive match-ups against long 4s.   
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #18 on: March 19, 2012, 09:01:56 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Here is the whole game vs Kentucky, featuring Royce White.
Observe closely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVmhUrkmeSA&feature=related

« Reply #19 on: March 19, 2012, 09:52:36 AM »

Offline CFAN38

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 421
Having just watched more of him play White actually reminds me of a young Antoine Walker.
Mavs
Wiz
Hornet

« Reply #20 on: March 19, 2012, 09:56:38 AM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I am a big Royce White fan, though his anxiety issues worry me.  I'm not sure he's going to enter the draft though, he turn's 21 in April, but he's only actually a sophomore.  His weight does worry me a little too, when he graduated high school he was listed as being 205. 65 lbs is a lot to gain in 3 years.
do it

« Reply #21 on: March 19, 2012, 12:14:20 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
Here is the whole game vs Kentucky, featuring Royce White.
Observe closely.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVmhUrkmeSA&feature=related

ok I'm sold :o

this kid is the real deal, get rebound, takes it coast to coast with Anthony Davis and Kidd Gilchrist(I think it was him) trying to stop him, blows past them for the dunk.

Then he strips Anthony Davis takes it coast to coast for the dunk.

I really love his passsing too, he seems to have great court vision. He is also a beast on the boards and already has an NBA PF body

Yes I really want the c's to pick this kid,he looks like a bigger charles Barkley(without the jumpshot yet)

The only thing that looks like needs work is his outsideshot and free throws, but if he gets that even slightly above average this kid will be a all-star

But if we can see this, surely NBA scouts will too, I don't think he will be around after pick 10 or 12 ......

Re: Would love if the C's drafted Jae Crowder and Royce White
« Reply #22 on: March 19, 2012, 12:27:47 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
This is a going to be a great draft this year. With so many guys with potential it is pushing back the proven less athletic guys to the second round.

I think Royce White would be a steal. He has enough size and skill to play in the NBA. Once he tones up his body his quickness will improve. He still has to develop his jumper but it's not like his form is terrible.

Here are some good upperclassmen who will probably fall to the second round that could help right away. (besides the 3 already mentioned)
Kevin Jones, Marcus Denmon, Kris Joseph, William Buford, Tu Holloway, Mike Scott. All of these guys would be solid second rounders.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #23 on: March 19, 2012, 12:54:25 PM »

Offline rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
I was amazed to see that White is averaging five assists a game. And when I first read that he's 270 despite being only 6-8, I pictured a Big Baby type of player, but he looks way better physically than Baby, though I understand why his weight could be a concern.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

« Reply #24 on: March 19, 2012, 02:44:01 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Ok it would be great if we could get both :-)

I need to put my man crush on Royce White in perspective. Great players dont come along often. When they do, what differentiates them, and this is in EVERY sport, is the amount of time they have. They seem to slow the game down.

Royce White has this. He and a Crowder together along with a Rondo could literally take the league by storm. Get a good young big man and throw Bradley into the mix....and you have a team to give the league nightmares.

Watch another clip of him doing things 'easily'.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T6k69KLQkGM&feature=related

or

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AdYRh5oEJ4U

If Celtics people read these boards...I am warning you. If White is in the draft and you take anyone else, I will start a campaign.

« Reply #25 on: March 19, 2012, 02:53:11 PM »

Offline jgod213

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 300
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K93XMV_ys84&feature=related

real interesting watch on Royce White.  Sounds like a really well spoken and reflective individual, but also sounds like he put himself in some real dicey situations out at Minnesotta.

DKC Utah Jazz
http://tinyurl.com/kqjb3cv

Starters:   Bledsoe-Gordon-Hayward-Patterson-Favors  | 6th-Kanter
Reserves: Warren-Hardaway-Plumlee-Larkin-Evans-Mbakwe-Huestis-Hummel-Calathes

« Reply #26 on: March 19, 2012, 11:41:20 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
ESPN NBA draft analyst Chad Ford wrote that Iowa State’s Royce White created quite a buzz among scouts with his performance against Connecticut and Kentucky Thursday and Saturday in the NCAA Tournament’s South Region in Louisville.

He scored 38 points, grabbed 22 rebounds and handed out six assists while playing against UConn’s Andre Drummond and Kentucky’s Anthony Davis, both likely NBA lottery picks. White led the Cyclones in points, rebounds, assists and steals throughout the season.

Here’s a snapshot of what Ford wrote on the ESPN web site:

“No one created a bigger stir this weekend than White. . . . White showed off his LeBron James-esque (if you love him) or Boris Diaw-esque (if you’re not sure) ability to play like a point guard despite being 6-foot-8. . . . On pure talent, he’s a terrific NBA prospect. But there are concerns both on and off the court that give pause. “White did a lot to improve his stock this week and will get a serious look from NBA teams in the mid to late first round. But he’s going to have to shine in the draft workout process. Given how far he’s come already, it’s hard not to root for him.”
White said after Saturday’s loss against the Wildcats that he’s going to discuss the situation with Iowa State coach Fred Hoiberg, who has NBA credentials as both a player and administrator. A decision could come soon.

April 10: NBA early entry eligibility deadline is at 10:59 p.m. Central Daylight Time.

(NOTE: Underclassmen can declare for the draft, but then later remove their name if they have not hired an agent)

http://blogs.desmoinesregister.com/dmr/index.php/2012/03/19/espn-iowa-states-royce-white-impressed-the-nba/

I really hope ford is right and Wright slips to around 20. I am going to be so bummed if he comes out and the c's don't or can't draft him.

« Reply #27 on: March 20, 2012, 02:50:54 AM »

Offline Galeto

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 71
White has some off the court stuff that might drop his stock but besides that, since he's projected to go late first, second round, it wouldn't be too much of a risk.  I was shocked by how much more explosive and quicker he looked during the tournament.  When I saw him before, I wasn't all that impressed.  He looked lumbering and the passing was very basic and unimaginative.  I'm not saying he got jacked on steroids before the tournament, but the transformation in his athleticism was pretty stark.  With the quickness he showed against Uconn, he could've taken most NBA small forwards off the dribble whereas before, he struggled to get by college power forwards.

« Reply #28 on: March 20, 2012, 06:14:43 AM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Honestly the 2nd round in this draft has a lot of gems. Crowder, Draymond Green, Royce White. I hope we end up with one of them.

Royce White can probably go up in the late or mid first. But I agree with Crowder and Green. Add Bernard James, Yancy Gates, Michael Snaer, Robert Sacre to the list
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #29 on: March 20, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »

Offline KY Celts fan

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 7
White is a baller! Very impressed by him. Don't know much about Crowder.