Author Topic: Would love if the C's draft Jae Crowder and Royce White  (Read 15095 times)

Would love if the C's draft Jae Crowder and Royce White
« on: March 17, 2012, 09:11:30 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I looked at a few of the mock drafts and didn't even see him in the 1st round . The kid is a very good all around player, has good athleticism , is really tough and rebounds the ball! He has 3pt range(36%) and is a very good defender. Would be a great player to have going into the future to throw up against lebron and wade on defense. He could also run with Rondo

So far in the tournament

vs BYU      - 25pts, 16 rebs, 4 ast, 4 stl
vs Murray st- 17 pts, 13 rebs, 2 asts, 2 blks, 3 stls

Would love that kind of rebounder from the SF spot.

Get it done Danny!

Update :

Thanks to Kenhov, I have seen the light, or should I say White

Royce White is the real deal, he is going to be a stud in the NBA, C's need to draft this kid. Hope he is around when we pick.  

Has he said anything about entering the draft or staying?
« Last Edit: March 21, 2012, 05:51:51 PM by rondohondo »

Re: Would love if the C's drafted Jae Crowder
« Reply #1 on: March 17, 2012, 09:13:18 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
I looked at a few of the mock drafts and didn't even see him in the 1st round . The kid is a very good all around player, has good athleticism , is really tough and rebounds the ball! He has 3pt range(36%) and is a very good defender. Would be a great player to have going into the future to throw up against lebron and wade on defense. He could also run with Rondo

So far in the tournament

vs BYU      - 25pts, 16 rebs, 4 ast, 4 stl
vs Murray st- 17 pts, 13 rebs, 2 asts, 2 blks, 3 stls

Would love that kind of rebounder from the SF spot.

Get it done Danny!

TP, been sayin this for a month now.

« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2012, 09:15:02 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
Yup, he is a perfect second round guy for the C's.  I don't think he will be much more than an energy guy in the NBA, but I would be surprised if they don't take him in the second round, particularly with the Marquette connection. 

« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2012, 09:20:00 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 17
Royce White. Thats all I am saying.

The best combination of skills in an NBA ready body I have seen for a long time.

« Reply #4 on: March 17, 2012, 09:24:08 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
Royce White. Thats all I am saying.

The best combination of skills in an NBA ready body I have seen for a long time.

wow 6'8 270, the guys a tank. I will have to watch the rest of this game, he already has 17 and 6 rebs

still like crowder too

« Reply #5 on: March 17, 2012, 09:35:54 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
I am not sure you understand.

Crowder at best could be a energy guy, intangibles guy. At his best Royce White could be a superstar.

« Reply #6 on: March 17, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge

Crowder at best could be a energy guy, intangibles guy. At his best Royce White could be a superstar.

6-8 270 makes me nervous.

« Reply #7 on: March 17, 2012, 09:43:31 PM »

Offline BUTerrier

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 53
I'll admit that I'm biased, because I went to Marquette Law and have season tickets, but honestly both Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom would be, in my opinion, great adds to the Celtics. The two of them are winners and leaders, end of story, and if we end up not having Ray and/or KG next year we could use some players who care as much as they do. Hell, even if we DO still have the Big Three next year, they'd be welcome additions.

My only comment is that I don't know that we're going to be able to get Crowder if we wait until the second round to get him. Hayward and Butler both went at the end of the first round, and neither of them had the kind of buzz Crowder has (Big East PoY, arguably the best player on the court in both of the games Marquette's played so far.) I'm not saying he's going to be a #5 pick like Wade was, but I could see him going in the high 20s.

« Reply #8 on: March 17, 2012, 09:45:33 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
I'll admit that I'm biased, because I went to Marquette Law and have season tickets, but honestly both Crowder and Darius Johnson-Odom would be, in my opinion, great adds to the Celtics. The two of them are winners and leaders, end of story, and if we end up not having Ray and/or KG next year we could use some players who care as much as they do. Hell, even if we DO still have the Big Three next year, they'd be welcome additions.

My only comment is that I don't know that we're going to be able to get Crowder if we wait until the second round to get him. Hayward and Butler both went at the end of the first round, and neither of them had the kind of buzz Crowder has (Big East PoY, arguably the best player on the court in both of the games Marquette's played so far.) I'm not saying he's going to be a #5 pick like Wade was, but I could see him going in the high 20s.

If our two picks add up to Crowder and Fab Melo, I will be stoked.

« Reply #9 on: March 17, 2012, 09:55:26 PM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet

He has Karl Malones body type and Dwayne Wades handles and passing. He overdoes it on the handling but that wont happen in the NBA. He is essentially playing as point forward.

Anthony Davis is having a hard time guarding him.

And Davis himself is a generational defensive player.

Its a no brainer. I understand he has this odd anxiety disorder, but with a committment to help him on that end, he is  imo the kind of player who can become  'franchise'.

« Reply #10 on: March 17, 2012, 09:59:53 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge

He has Karl Malones body type and Dwayne Wades handles and passing. He overdoes it on the handling but that wont happen in the NBA. He is essentially playing as point forward.

Anthony Davis is having a hard time guarding him.

And Davis himself is a generational defensive player.

Its a no brainer. I understand he has this odd anxiety disorder, but with a committment to help him on that end, he is  imo the kind of player who can become  'franchise'.

yea he does look like he has a great handle for someone his size and I like his low post ability and awesome interior passing. He doesn't look like he can shoot at all though  at the moment, 49% ft shooter, good looking prospect though, reminds me a lot of jarnell stokes who will likely be in next years draft
« Last Edit: March 17, 2012, 10:16:00 PM by rondohondo »

« Reply #11 on: March 17, 2012, 10:19:52 PM »

Offline CelticsFan9

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 116
  • Everyone's excited for the new era.
Personally, I think both are good/great college players, but will probably turn out to be rotation players at best.  I wouldn't mind either as a second-round pick, though.

I would also like to add that if Draymond Green is on the board for our 2nd first-round pick or our second-rounder, we should pick him.

« Reply #12 on: March 17, 2012, 10:26:56 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
on royce white from draft express...

"While White may draw the Diaw comparisons in the good and bad ways, he has an abundance of red flags that he'll have to overcome to ever find his way onto an NBA roster, and likely won't be able to play with quite as much freedom as he does in college, which will require some adjustments from his end. From his defensive concerns and poor conditioning level, to his past legal troubles and anxiety disorder, NBA teams will need to do quite a bit research and background checks to determine how likely White is to reaching his potential as a basketball player, and whether or not he's worth rolling the dice on with a selection in the NBA Draft."

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com#ixzz1pQoDLDHX
http://www.draftexpress.com
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #13 on: March 17, 2012, 11:02:52 PM »

Offline Yoki_IsTheName

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1304
  • I'm a Paul Heyman guy.
Would love him for us. Great energy guy who plays solid defense. I'm even honna go as far to say that we should pick him in the late 1st round. He might not have suPerstar potential, but he sure as he k can be a solid 7th-8th man off the bench.

Dig the Royce White idea too. The man is PG in a PF's body.
2019 CStrong Historical Draft 2000s OKC Thunder.
PG: Jrue Holiday / Isaiah Thomas / Larry Hughes
SG: Paul George / Aaron McKie / Bradley Beal
SF: Paul Pierce / Tayshaun Prince / Brian Scalabrine
PF: LaMarcus Aldridge / Shareef Abdur-Raheem / Ben Simmons
C: Jermaine O'neal / Ben Wallace

« Reply #14 on: March 18, 2012, 09:03:34 AM »

Offline Kenhov

• The Green Kornet
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=151dOlH-aAE&feature=related

http://aol.sportingnews.com/ncaa-basketball/story/2012-03-18/ncaa-tournament-2012-kentucky-wildcats-iowa-state-sweet-16-terrence-jones-takes-

WHo does he remind you of ?

As I said...if this guy is available first round he has to be taken.

I havent seen one player in collegiate basketball outside of Anthony Davis who has the potential of this guy.