Author Topic: D.J. WHITE 3 Minutes = 2 Deffensive Rebounds And 2 Blocks (More Minutes?)  (Read 8544 times)

Offline gar

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 247
  • Strength from Within
Good for him. He has had a few bad breaks and I am glad he made a good showing for himself. Why can't we leave it at that. T-Will made a good first impression and look where it got him - he got a contract but not the playing time he probably wanted.

I like the moves Danny has made. They are pieces that can fit together or be moved in a trade; but they all have value - even Bass (not a horrible player by any measure).

Offline LooseCannon

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 950
Bass = tweener, the bad label

He is like 6'8 that is not good in rebounding, blocking shots, over the rim dunks like a pf. No handles, mediocre passing and needs to be super wide open to hit a 2 pt jump shot , missing qualities of a decent sf. He has decent strength and quickness and that's it.

I wouldn't say Bass is a tweener.  That suggests he either has two positions where he is an imperfect fit or zero positions because he fits neither.  Bass is a power forward, an undersized power forward, but only a power forward.

I think being multi-positional is a trait that is desirable in bench players, so I think Bass is suited to being a guy who starts but does not finish games due to his flaws, sort of like how Kendrick Perkins was used during his tenure in Boston.
Offensively he is a small forward though. How many post touches has he had recently? All his offense comes from jump shots or face up drives, that sounds like a small forward's offensive repetoir to me.

I have a hard time seeing him as having a SF's offense when he doesn't shoot threes.  I could see your point if he made some attempts with a low percentage made, but he doesn't shoot them at all.

I don't see a back-to-the-basket post-up game as necessary in the modern NBA.  If I were to replace Bass, I would want a stretch 4 who actually takes (and makes) threes more than I would want a guy who gets most of his offense down low.

Bass isn't incompetent when it comes to post offense and he is an adequate post defender.  On defense especially, he is clearly a PF.
"The worst thing that ever happened in sports was sports radio, and the internet is sports radio on steroids with lower IQs.” -- Brian Burke, former Toronto Maple Leafs senior adviser, at the 2013 MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867
Bass = tweener, the bad label

He is like 6'8 that is not good in rebounding, blocking shots, over the rim dunks like a pf. No handles, mediocre passing and needs to be super wide open to hit a 2 pt jump shot , missing qualities of a decent sf. He has decent strength and quickness and that's it.

I wouldn't say Bass is a tweener.  That suggests he either has two positions where he is an imperfect fit or zero positions because he fits neither.  Bass is a power forward, an undersized power forward, but only a power forward.

I think being multi-positional is a trait that is desirable in bench players, so I think Bass is suited to being a guy who starts but does not finish games due to his flaws, sort of like how Kendrick Perkins was used during his tenure in Boston.
Offensively he is a small forward though. How many post touches has he had recently? All his offense comes from jump shots or face up drives, that sounds like a small forward's offensive repetoir to me.

yup exactly. His game is a mix of two, but he does nothing exceptional. Maybe the only thing that can be considered above avg is team defense, bc he can move his feet and can momentarily guard multiple positions. But if teams have a strong player that can wreck havoc on iso situations, Bass is toast. For example if he guarded Al Jefferson, Chris Bosh

Offline rmitchell222003

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 8
He needs to start getting more mins. Everytime things go good, here comes Wilcox with an injury... If you dnt believe me, just watch!!!

Offline CelticConcourse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 383
  • Jeff Green
He needs to start getting more mins. Everytime things go good, here comes Wilcox with an injury... If you dnt believe me, just watch!!!

You are terrible! Please don't wish harm on our dear Wilkox (new nickname)
Jeff Green - Top 5 SF

[Kevin Garnett]
"I've always said J. Green is going to be one of the best players to ever play this game"

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23

Offline krook

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 23
dj white please

Offline clover

• Front Page Moderator
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 315
I'm at least as curious about Randolph.

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He looks like the enforcer type we have long lacked as of late.

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327