Author Topic: Wyc scolds Felger & Mazz  (Read 7765 times)

Re: Wyc scolds Felger & Mazz
« Reply #30 on: December 02, 2017, 06:02:19 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 228
I think they speak a lot of truth that New England sports fans can't fathom because they won't let themselves deal in reality.

as for coaching in the NBA. i'm of the opinion that you don't need a great coach to win but a bad coach will bring any team down. perfect example phil Jackson pretty much won with the same team del harris couldn't do anything with in LA.

and the answer to the question is - you pick the player not the coach.

« Reply #31 on: December 02, 2017, 06:41:10 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
I think they speak a lot of truth that New England sports fans can't fathom because they won't let themselves deal in reality.

as for coaching in the NBA. i'm of the opinion that you don't need a great coach to win but a bad coach will bring any team down. perfect example phil Jackson pretty much won with the same team del harris couldn't do anything with in LA.

By truth, you mean root against all the teams and hope for failures, as well as making atrocious assumptions based on the smallest of sample sizes, right?  ::)

Please. They must really have been right and truthful when they said Belichick and Brady should have been fired and traded 2 years ago.  ::)
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #32 on: December 02, 2017, 07:28:38 PM »

Offline Eja117

• NCE
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1254

By truth, you mean root against all the teams and hope for failures, as well as making atrocious assumptions based on the smallest of sample sizes, right?  ::)

Please. They must really have been right and truthful when they said Belichick and Brady should have been fired and traded 2 years ago.  ::)
Out of curiosity do you think players and coaches live under rocks, or do you suppose sometimes they hear the criticism and react to it?

« Reply #33 on: December 02, 2017, 07:30:22 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

Out of curiosity do you think players and coaches live under rocks, or do you suppose sometimes they hear the criticism and react to it?

Hey, all I'm saying is that I bet you if the Patriots, Celtics, Bruins or Red Sox lost a playoff game by a big margin, Felger, Mazz, Shaugnessy, etc. would all throw parties and have a field day discussing the failures while praising another team (the rivals).

« Reply #34 on: December 02, 2017, 08:19:10 PM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen

they don't root against anyone, but if their show was just this big fan-fest what's the point? 

« Reply #35 on: December 02, 2017, 08:39:18 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • On To Banner 18!

they don't root against anyone, but if their show was just this big fan-fest what's the point?

Recent times: David Price. Stephon Gilmore. They've attacked them A TON even when they do good. Part of the reason is contract $$$, but also because they need a "punching bag" to lean on each season to blame for consistent failures for each team, etc.

They sure praise a lot of other teams though. Mazz to me is a Yankees fan and quite a few people think that too.

But forget that. Look at this particular segment.

"Do the Celtics need Brad Stevens? Would you trade him for a 2nd round pick?"

::)

« Reply #36 on: December 02, 2017, 09:04:01 PM »

Offline jbp126

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 51
Anyone else find it funny that Felger used GS as his example of why coaching doesn't matter? Maybe he forgot that a coaching change from Mark Jackson to Steve Kerr helped take them from a 50 win team to a dynasty.

« Reply #37 on: December 02, 2017, 09:19:26 PM »

Offline Snakehead

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 448
Boston sports media continues to be mostly awful.  The people who just cover the Celtics are pretty good though.

For me, Wyc has been a perfect owner.  Glad to have him.
"I really don't want people to understand me." - Jordan Crawford

« Reply #38 on: December 02, 2017, 10:24:15 PM »

Offline 2short

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 428
As long as I've known felger on tv or radio here is what i do
When he's on and starts speaking i change the channel
A sensationalist troll in every aspect

If enough people stop listening to that idiot it'll show and he'll get canned.

« Reply #39 on: December 02, 2017, 11:08:02 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
This. I can't believe what they said about Halladay. And they know absolutely nothing about basketball.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #40 on: December 02, 2017, 11:11:28 PM »

Offline Forza Juventus

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Felger & Mazz are a disgrace to the city. It amazes me that there are fans who listen to that pollution every day.

This. I can't believe what they said about Halladay. And they know absolutely nothing about basketball.
Azzurri | Juventus | Boston Celtics | Kentucky Basketball

"All the negativity that’s on Celticsblog sucks. I’ve been around when Kyrie Irving was criticized. I’ve been around when Al Horford was insulted. And it stinks. It makes the greatest team, greatest fans in the world, lousy."

Celticsblog=sports radio

« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2017, 09:11:15 AM »

Offline GreenWarrior

• Ray Allen
the hate is comical.

« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2017, 11:20:42 PM »

Offline Bobshot

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 141
Tabloid sports radio in Boston is a detriment to signing top free agents for every Boston team. It goes on in other big cities, too. One reason a lot of people don't like the media, much less listen to it.

They say Belichick has a sign over the dressing room door :"ignore the media".  Good advice for the players. Keep the media out of your head.

From a different perspective, the media consists of people who are trying to make a living, like everybody else. They are in competition with one another. Sure, they abuse their privileges, and are even coddled by teams. Most are decent people. The trick is not to take them too seriously.

« Reply #43 on: December 04, 2017, 12:14:32 AM »

Offline loco_91

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 145
My question: if CBS is as important as a superstar, when his contract is up, will he get paid like a superstar? 5 years $100m. Stevens deserves it.

« Reply #44 on: December 05, 2017, 06:43:43 PM »

Offline flybono

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 48
Felger is from Wisconsin and a packers fan. Should I say more?