Author Topic: Did Brian Windhorst Cover Up Lebron’s post game 1 injury?  (Read 3550 times)

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Watched ESPN video of Windhorst reporting post game 4, that Lebron punched somethin after game 1 and has received several mri in the interim.

I don’t know if Brian knew about this after game 1, but if he did (and I suspect he did), didn’t he have an ethical duty as a journalist to report it then?

Admittedly speculative on my part, but this just seems to smell to me.

Who do you work for, Brian? ESPN? The Cavs? Lebron? All of the above? Collusion with NBA to bolster ratings?

Curious if others bothered by how this just leaked out after series over.

And not saying Warriors wouldn’t have won anyway.  Of course they would have. But at least might have been more competitive. And regardless, this is about journalistic ethics to get the story before anyone else.

Who do you work for?

Re: Did Brian Windhorst Cover Up Lebron’s post game 1 injury?
« Reply #1 on: June 09, 2018, 10:18:05 AM »

Offline Sketch5

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 280
OF course they are going to cover it up, the King can't have flaws.  ::)

Jordan was known to do things like this, maybe not get hurt from them, but punching Kerr and throwing chairs. Being competitive is not a bad thing. 

« Reply #2 on: June 09, 2018, 10:18:10 AM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25611
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
Sadly, journalists cover for their favored individuals / entities all the time. It goes back at least as far as FDR / JFK, and has become the norm today.  The media is more about controlling and packaging the release of information than it is about reporting on events.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #3 on: June 09, 2018, 10:29:19 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I’m not a gambler, but isn’t this why the NFL requires each team to release any information about player injuries before each game?.

« Reply #4 on: June 09, 2018, 11:19:53 AM »

Online Vermont Green

• Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 886
I don't think a journalist has an obligation to report everything they know.  LeBron may have told him off the record.  In that case, the journalist is not obligated to report the information, in fact, the journalist really shouldn't.

I don't think it is any more complicated than this.

« Reply #5 on: June 09, 2018, 01:13:19 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
I don't think a journalist has an obligation to report everything they know.  LeBron may have told him off the record.  In that case, the journalist is not obligated to report the information, in fact, the journalist really shouldn't.

I don't think it is any more complicated than this.

I think you’re confusing the Confidentiality of sources with the confidentiality of information. The former is a pillar of journalism.

It’s a journalist’s job to obtain and report the facts. Not to cover them up.

But I guess that doesn’t seem to bother anyone.

« Reply #6 on: June 09, 2018, 01:32:18 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75
I'm calling BS on this broken hand Farce..

Windhorst didnt cover up a Lebron Injury because there was none. 

They guy showed no signs of having anything broken in his hand. He never favored it..

He was simply tired (like he was against us) and mentally deflated..

Whoever thought he was capable of averaing 51 points for the entire series was nuts..   

This move, with the fake Cast is 100% about this "legacy ((oh Lebron was only swept because he had a broken hand)) and this summers free Agency tour... ((No Lebron wasnt tired and no hasnt lost a step...  he just had a broken hand))

Give me a break.

« Reply #7 on: June 09, 2018, 01:36:49 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2725
So he pulled a Marcus Smart?

I find that hard to believe.

« Reply #8 on: June 09, 2018, 01:44:41 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871

They guy showed no signs of having anything broken in his hand. He never favored it..

Whoever thought he was capable of averaing 51 points for the entire series was nuts..   

This move, with the fake Cast is 100% about this "legacy ((oh Lebron was only swept because he had a broken hand)) and this summers free Agency tour... ((No Lebron wasnt tired and no hasnt lost a step...  he just had a broken hand))

Give me a break.

He just did but you won’t accept it.

« Reply #9 on: June 09, 2018, 02:09:17 PM »

Offline chiken Green

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 75

Give me a break.

He just did but you won’t accept it.

Lol I see what you did there :)

« Reply #10 on: June 09, 2018, 02:14:04 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Windhorst has a reporter's gold mine by having the inside info track on everything to do with one of the biggest stars of any type in the entire world. Why would he risk that by reporting something Lebron didn't want reported until after the Finals ended? Reporters hold stories all the time. There is no ethics about reporting a story ASAP. There is ethics about getting stories properly sourced and verified, which sometimes delays stories from being released, but there is no ethic about reporting a story just because you have one.

« Reply #11 on: June 09, 2018, 02:33:23 PM »

Online hpantazo

• Tommy Heinsohn
  • Tommy Points: 2725
Windhorst has a reporter's gold mine by having the inside info track on everything to do with one of the biggest stars of any type in the entire world. Why would he risk that by reporting something Lebron didn't want reported until after the Finals ended? Reporters hold stories all the time. There is no ethics about reporting a story ASAP. There is ethics about getting stories properly sourced and verified, which sometimes delays stories from being released, but there is no ethic about reporting a story just because you have one.

There are no ethics in our country today anymore overall though, from the top down!

Nowadays having ethics is viewed as a weakness.

« Reply #12 on: June 09, 2018, 02:43:02 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

There are no ethics in our country today anymore overall though, from the top down!

Nowadays having ethics is viewed as a weakness.
Yeah, probably a discussion for another thread, but I don't completely disagree.

« Reply #13 on: June 09, 2018, 03:01:34 PM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
It's a BS excuse for losing nothing more. Anytime he tweaks anything he acts like a soccer player!

« Reply #14 on: June 09, 2018, 04:11:11 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis

Ah Nick, you are contradicting yourself. A reporter holds a story until he can verify the facts. He doesn’t hold a story, Which is a another way of saying temporarily covering it up, when he already knows the facts.

Personal relationships should never get in the way of getting the story.