Author Topic: Who watched Chris Lofton in college?  (Read 5029 times)

Who watched Chris Lofton in college?
« on: June 29, 2009, 06:59:08 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
I can't wait to see him play in our summer league. He is Eddie House but he can create his own shot (on say Courtney Lee  ;) ) and is a little taller. I love Eddie and don't want to say he's easy to replace but he really is (that's taking nothing away from in my opinion a top 5 shooter in the nba). I was looking at some of his games overseas and saw his 17-22 from 3 point range, wow that is RIDICULOUS.(sp?) I don't care what league you play in. If it wasn't for cancer this guy would of been in the league easily and I think he is about to be loved in Boston like he was in Tennessee.

Re: Who watched Chris Lofton in college?
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2009, 07:01:57 PM »

Offline yupitsme

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 12
  • "My team about green RONDO roger that" - Fabolous
a couple more things

he will be ALOT cheaper.
he will probably get beat off the dribble like EH....but who cares. Eddie always had back up.

« Reply #2 on: June 29, 2009, 07:04:40 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I loved watching him in college.  He was absolutely a joy to watch, especially down the stretch.

The summerleague team will be interesting though.  I don't know who is going to be the distributor on a team that has Lofton, Hudson, Pruitt, and Giddens.  Unfortunately, this probably means Walker will be lucky to get 3 shots a game.

« Reply #3 on: June 29, 2009, 07:05:47 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg
I watched him. And I loved him. Great range. Really good player who was derailed by his cancer... which he is now over.
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #4 on: June 29, 2009, 07:09:05 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
I watched him. And I loved him. Great range. Really good player who was derailed by his cancer... which he is now over.

Eh, I don't know if he is an NBA player, even if he never got sick.  He is basically Eddie House with a slower release.  Guys like that rarely make it in the league...although he could have a great Euro career.

« Reply #5 on: June 29, 2009, 07:09:52 PM »

Offline johnnyrondo

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 1245
Who's a better prospect, Lofton or Hudson?

« Reply #6 on: June 29, 2009, 07:11:36 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Hope either he or lester can make the team. There's definitly not room for both of them though.

« Reply #7 on: June 29, 2009, 07:13:35 PM »

Offline Rondo_is_better

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 495
  • R.I.P. Nate Dogg

Eh, I don't know if he is an NBA player, even if he never got sick.  He is basically Eddie House with a slower release.  Guys like that rarely make it in the league...although he could have a great Euro career.

He's taller than Eddy, though. And Eddy is pretty high up in our rotation, so its not like he's the same player with a slower release as a guy who's riding the pine. I think he could stick in the league for 6-7 years. And, as always, there is the "well this guy stayed around for ever and he sucks" argument, better known as the "Mikki Moore Defense" for me to turn to in order to justify my opinion.  ;D
Grab a few boards, keep the TO's under 14, close out on shooters and we'll win.

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2009, 07:14:07 PM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson

Not having seen Hudson play myself, I still have to go with him, based on his length, athleticism and production.  But really, they both are marginal prospects at best, and it will all come down to luck, timing, and intangibles.

« Reply #9 on: June 29, 2009, 07:15:34 PM »

Offline beantownboy171

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 70
Lofton is actually younger then Hudson, i would give the nod to lofton. But I really can't really give any reason for it besides a gut feeling, we're just gonna have to wait to see them play.

« Reply #10 on: June 29, 2009, 07:35:23 PM »

Offline CoachBo

• NCE
  • Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 336

I agree. I have little hope that Lofton comes close to making this club.
Coined the CelticsBlog term, "Euromistake."

« Reply #11 on: June 29, 2009, 07:37:59 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28

I agree. I have little hope that Lofton comes close to making this club.
Agree... Probably a better ball handler than Eddie though.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 07:55:47 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
Lot of Chris Lofton kool-aid going around here.  Eddie House is much more athletic and quicker then Lofton ever was.  Also, I think House is a better passer.  Lofton is a guy who never averaged more then 2 assists a game in college.  This guy just does not play at the NBA speed.  There have been plenty of great shooters who have come into this league and are not able to crack it because they don't play at the NBA pace.  Chris Lofton will be one of them.
do it

« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 09:27:19 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Lot of Chris Lofton kool-aid going around here.  Eddie House is much more athletic and quicker then Lofton ever was.  Also, I think House is a better passer.  Lofton is a guy who never averaged more then 2 assists a game in college.  This guy just does not play at the NBA speed.  There have been plenty of great shooters who have come into this league and are not able to crack it because they don't play at the NBA pace.  Chris Lofton will be one of them.
It is easy to underestimate House because we see House against legit NBA players. We don't see these other guys against that talent.

« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 09:37:08 PM »

Offline RickyDavisfor3

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 16
I said it before and I'll say it again, I'm skeptical if it COULD even work.. remember when Rondo (accidentally) kicked Lofton in the face in a college game? yeah there's bad blood there...

jk of course, i just love bringing that up because it was awesome.