Author Topic: Celtics Youth movement next year?  (Read 2175 times)

Celtics Youth movement next year?
« on: May 12, 2019, 03:20:51 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
A lot of people are missing the fact that there is a real possibility the is no trade. We may end up with 4-5 new rookies, 2 lottery picks. A lot of new talent

Re: Celtics Youth movement next year?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2019, 03:30:44 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2700
If Kyrie and Horford walk and we go that route, then yeah, Brown and Tatum would be vets and this would be their team, with Hayward and Smart adding vet support while the rookies and Timelord develop. Stevens would probably win 60 games with that type of team.

« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2019, 03:37:09 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
If Kyrie and Horford walk and we go that route, then yeah, Brown and Tatum would be vets and this would be their team, with Hayward and Smart adding vet support while the rookies and Timelord develop. Stevens would probably win 60 games with that type of team.
I think a more realistic win amount would be 38-41. That team would struggle to make the playoffs. Youth does not equal wins. That's just the way of the league almost all the time.

« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2019, 03:39:07 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
I think a more realistic win amount would be 38-41. That team would struggle to make the playoffs. Youth does not equal wins. That's just the way of the league almost all the time.

Yeah, I know, just being sarcastic based off the notion around here that Stevens is great with underdog teams.

« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2019, 03:44:17 PM »

Offline RPGenerate

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 468
But it would be sooooo much fun to watch us get beat down in the second round of the playoffs over and over again!
2023 No Top 75 Fantasy Draft Los Angeles Clippers
PG: Dennis Johnson / Jo Jo White / Stephon Marbury
SG: Sidney Moncrief / World B. Free
SF: Chris Mullin / Ron Artest
PF: Detlef Schrempf / Tom Chambers / Buck Williams
C: Ben Wallace / Andrew Bynum

« Reply #5 on: May 12, 2019, 03:45:41 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Yeah, I know, just being sarcastic based off the notion around here that Stevens is great with underdog teams.
Lol...TPs to you.

« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2019, 03:50:23 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale

Lol...TPs to you.

TP back at you guys!

« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2019, 09:12:19 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Boy I hope not.

« Reply #8 on: May 12, 2019, 09:15:05 PM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597
Just a retool. Why can't it be in-between? People here is either go full rebuild or stick with the core. lol

« Reply #9 on: May 12, 2019, 09:44:16 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Just a retool. Why can't it be in-between? People here is either go full rebuild or stick with the core. lol

I agree. The team could very easily reload and still be competitive.

It doesn't have to be one or the other.

« Reply #10 on: May 12, 2019, 10:06:26 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
I dunno. I think that that team would be more talented and generally better than the '18-'19 Kings, and they won 39 in the tough West.

I reckon they would make the playoffs, but only because the East is so weak. Unless all the big East free agents stay and KD + Davis / Kyrie / anyone join the Knicks
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #11 on: May 12, 2019, 11:04:50 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

Because in the NBA, there's no in-between.

The closest to an "in-between" I can remember was the 2011 Mavs.

« Reply #12 on: May 12, 2019, 11:07:34 PM »

Offline Chris22

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 460
I don't care what happens as long as we get rid of Kyrie.

« Reply #13 on: May 13, 2019, 06:51:56 AM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
I don't care what happens as long as we get rid of Kyrie.

Great asset management there with that plan.

If we are looking to get rid of player that dont help the team win games lets start with hayward and rozier

« Reply #14 on: May 13, 2019, 07:41:15 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 597

Because in the NBA, there's no in-between.

The closest to an "in-between" I can remember was the 2011 Mavs.

Spurs has been retooling every year since Duncan was drafted up to Kawhi and they are still retooling up to this day.