Author Topic: What offensive schemes or sets do you wish Celtics utilize next year?  (Read 1764 times)

Offline Scintan

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 656
It depends on the personnel.  Regardless of anything else, this team still has the same need it's had for years, which is a real center who can function well down low, both offensively and defensively. 

When people are free to do as they please, they usually imitate each other.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Actually running sets instead of the guys defaulting to pass pass pass iso half the time would be a good start.

They need to get back to using handoffs and I'd like to see them use guard postups and cutter plays more.

They need to find ways, generally to get shots near the basket more frequently.  They also need to find ways to generate contact in the restricted area.

Lastly, I'd like more pick and rolls that aren't designed to create an outside shot for the big. Let's have some rolls to the basket.
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain

Offline coco

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 146
Beautiful ball movement, Back cuts, give-and-go, drives to basket, etc.
No quick 3ptrs!! No more than 5 seconds dribbling iso-ball

Offline BitterJim

• NGT
  • Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 1212
Anything that draws more fouls and free throws. That's more personnel than scheme, though

AD is good at drawing fouls, right?
I'm bitter.

Offline PhoSita

• NCE
  • Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2182
Reading other people's replies, I think we can boil this down to two main things:

(1) Bring back PACE AND SPACE

(2) More shots inside
You’ll have to excuse my lengthiness—the reason I dread writing letters is because I am so apt to get to slinging wisdom & forget to let up. Thus much precious time is lost.
- Mark Twain