Author Topic: What offensive schemes or sets do you wish Celtics utilize next year?  (Read 1765 times)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I would like to see more flex or horns plays more.

I don't think there were enough double screens to help our shooters get easier shots.

I would also like to see MORE BACK DOOR CUTS! I CANNOT stress this enough. Far TOO many times when we need to score off of a stop, we take the lazy 3 and it frustrates me.

While our touch passes were decent, I don't think we passed the ball enough. I would like Brown or Tatum to learn how to make smarter plays and better decisions off the catch. Last but not least, I would like our players to try to stop with the dumb pump fake after the catch... Study your defender.. If they are known to jump on a pump fake or hesitation moves, use it.

Anyways, what offensive schemes, sets, and plays would you like the Celtics to use more?
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 598
Dribble hand-off motion offense. That was Celtics bread and butter. They dumped it for a horrible iso-ladden offense and it blew on their face.

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
Everything Doc ran for LouWill. We basically have/had mega LouWill, lol.

But yeah, way more off-ball movement. I hate our 3 man game where the two wings just camp in the corner waiting for the kickout
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
I agree with dribble hand offs and off ball movement.

If Irving comes back, or Tatum is still here... I really want them to learn how to play off ball. Irving did it in spurts with Smart, but watching him at times, he just doesn't move enough.

My PSA for Brad is NO MORE 3 GUARD LINEUPS. THAT DOESN'T WORK!!!
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

Online SCeltic34

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 2003
Anything that gets our players back into playing towards their strengths.  Far too often we fail to move the ball adequately and launch lazy 3-pointers -sometimes 3 or 4 possessions in a row - often early in the shot clock.  For this reason offensive droughts were a major problem this season.  We need a more balanced attack. 

I like posting Horford and letting him make decisions from there.  More Al pick and pop too.  Even as he ages he'll make that midrange jumper with ease.  More plays getting Jaylen to his right hand.  So on and so forth.  Play to our strengths.

Offline Boston Garden Leprechaun

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1557
ATTACK BASKET FIRST APPROACH

MORE BALL SCREENS

MORE PICK N ROLL
LET'S GO CELTICS!

Online SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 998
I won't be surprised if we keep rolling with 3-pointers and rolling out to the 3-point line.

And keep attempting 3-pointers off the break.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

Online liam

• NCE
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 3177
I want to see them run the old picket fence! ;D

Offline tenn_smoothie

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 732
Quit dribbling and pass the ball !!!
The Four Celtic Generals:
Russell - Cowens - Bird - Garnett

The Four Celtic Lieutenants:
Cousy - Havlicek - McHale - Pierce

Offline keevsnick

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 550
Mostly I just wnat to keep Tatum/Brown (whichever if either is still here) get a lot more opportunity with the ball in their hands. That means  pick and roll, more shots, ect for them. Give them a chance to make mistakes, hone their passing, ect.

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
I'd like to see more pick and rolls with our 4/5 out offense with our PG and Horford (assuming he'll be back). Horford's speed for a center is actually very good, and his drives from the perimeter are often very effective. As for the four supporting players, I'd like to see more off ball sets being run for them, such as off ball screens, cuts and curls to get them invovlved in the offense.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

Online rocknrollforyoursoul

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 325
Anything that involves attacking the rim a lot more often.
"There are two kinds of people: those who say to God, 'Thy will be done,' and those to whom God says, 'All right, then, have it your way.'"

"You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body."

— C.S. Lewis

Offline LatterDayCelticsfan

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 171
  • Community Text
I wouldn't want us running a ponzi scheme. Especially just because its offensive
Banner 18 please 😍

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
I would like to see more attacking the rim and less reliance of the jumper and some bigs action.  This over reliance on Liliputian ball and fascination with it is absurd at times.  It should be a tactical option for us, not the basis of our system.

Offline zeitgeist49

• Payton Pritchard
  • Tommy Points: 19
More ball screens, especially involving Horford; quick post ups; much more ball movement; and cuts toward the basket for easy buckets, instead of the wings standing in the corners. The Celts need to increase their FG%; get more FTAs; get more points in the paint; and stop chucking up so many 3's. Stevens lame offensive strategies involving stagnant ball movement and over-relying on 3's was a primary reason the Celts frequently experienced long offensive draughts. When is the last time the Celts held a big lead ? In games 4 and 5, Smart took 11 shots. They were all 3's. All 3's ! He was 1 for 11. What kind of offensive strategy is that ?