Author Topic: Grant Williams(merged threads)  (Read 37028 times)

Re: When are we going to start talking about Grant Williams’ shooting?
« Reply #75 on: December 09, 2019, 11:44:34 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
The bench reaction was great, love the playful camaraderie.  If you rewatch the bench reaction, keep your eyes on Wanamaker at the end of the bench.  I LOL'ed at his reaction.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #76 on: December 10, 2019, 06:40:28 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
He is not good at it, good to see him hit one, I hope he gets it down.  Bench did go wild.

« Reply #77 on: December 10, 2019, 09:33:35 AM »

Offline johnnygreen

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 298
The bench reaction was great, love the playful camaraderie.  If you rewatch the bench reaction, keep your eyes on Wanamaker at the end of the bench.  I LOL'ed at his reaction.

I heard Mike Gorman on Toucher and Rich this morning mentioning that the players on the bench were planning on acting like they fainted if Williams ever hit a 3. Wannamaker went through with it, but everyone else was so excited they couldn’t help but to react the way they did. The comradery on this team is great.

« Reply #78 on: December 10, 2019, 11:45:01 AM »

Offline Hoopvortex

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 164

I heard Mike Gorman on Toucher and Rich this morning mentioning that the players on the bench were planning on acting like they fainted if Williams ever hit a 3. Wannamaker went through with it, but everyone else was so excited they couldn’t help but to react the way they did. The comradery on this team is great.

I have to think that camaraderie affects winning.

You hear sometimes that players don’t have to even like each other to win (Shaq and Kobe is a prime example that gets mentioned); but camaraderie definitely affects whether players stay with their teams, and teams get better as they stay together.

An argument for not trading any of the core guys.
'I was proud of Marcus Smart. He did a great job of keeping us together. He might not get credit for this game, but the pace that he played at, and his playcalling, some of the plays that he called were great. We obviously have to rely on him, so I’m definitely looking forward to Marcus leading this team in that role.' - Jaylen Brown, January 2021

« Reply #79 on: December 10, 2019, 12:12:55 PM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2968
I m good now , he made a three whoop eee , just play hard nose defense and making his team better doing the dirty work,  nobody but Smart and Semi seen to want to do consistently.

« Reply #80 on: December 21, 2019, 02:47:57 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
career night

« Reply #81 on: December 21, 2019, 02:55:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
career night
Here's hoping he has a lot more career nights!

« Reply #82 on: December 21, 2019, 04:23:30 PM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1834
Guess we can start talking about his shooting. His high free throw shooting percentage was indicative of being a good shooter.

« Reply #83 on: December 21, 2019, 04:30:18 PM »

Offline OldSchoolDude

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 79
He was a beast in college.  Williams and schofeild were pretty much the Tennessee offenses.  I was surprised he wasn’t shooting more until now. 

« Reply #84 on: December 21, 2019, 04:46:58 PM »

Offline Sophomore

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 823
He was a beast in college.  Williams and schofeild were pretty much the Tennessee offenses.  I was surprised he wasn’t shooting more until now.

He’s such an unusual player. True he’s not very long and he’s not quick off the ground. *But* he is increasingly able to stay in front of wings and guards, and strong enough not to be rooted out by forwards and even some centers. He gave KP trouble and stayed in front of D Rose. That’s so useful. He sets a solid screen, usually well timed; he can punish smaller players in the post. If he hits threes now? Really nice future.

« Reply #85 on: December 21, 2019, 05:51:59 PM »

Offline DefenseWinsChamps

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 766
He has the potential to be PJ Tucker with a little extra offensive IQ/passing.

« Reply #86 on: December 21, 2019, 11:43:58 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

He’s such an unusual player. True he’s not very long and he’s not quick off the ground. *But* he is increasingly able to stay in front of wings and guards, and strong enough not to be rooted out by forwards and even some centers. He gave KP trouble and stayed in front of D Rose. That’s so useful. He sets a solid screen, usually well timed; he can punish smaller players in the post. If he hits threes now? Really nice future.

Agree

Really unusual move... running away from the basket for the short fadeaway?

Crafty

« Reply #87 on: December 22, 2019, 12:57:44 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

Agree

Crafty
I agree, though I think grant has the potential to become a Draymond like player.  Looking forward to watching him develop.

« Reply #88 on: December 22, 2019, 01:30:55 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

Agree

Crafty
I agree, though I think grant has the potential to become a Draymond like player.  Looking forward to watching him develop.
The passing looks really good right? Currently watching the Celtics vs Pistons game in full (I missed it yesterday) and I'm impressed by his passing.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #89 on: December 22, 2019, 02:14:12 AM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
Grant is starting to grow on me a little.  He does have a certain exuberance about him that seems contagious.  I wish he had a little more 'crazy' in him, though, as that sort of edge that players like Rodman or Draymond have is what truly makes a player of that skill set great.