Poll

How do you feel about the AB deal now after this offseason?

The deal was market value and average.
The deal was a steal after not two years but one this FA inflation is crazy!
The deal should have been put off team could have used those dollars for two stars.
The deal doesn't matter all C's ever do in FA is get, and overpay role-players.

Author Topic: Avery Bradley deal one year later.  (Read 1340 times)

Avery Bradley deal one year later.
« on: July 02, 2015, 01:29:54 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Did DA do well on this deal? I think in some ways he did but in others he probably didn't. I say "didn't", like could have paid Monroe and Harris what each wanted if he had the $ then signed AB for what Shump got? But man Shump got a lot and AB doesn't seem as good a defender any more to be paying him that kind of money.

Polls up. Do feel free to also leave comment opinions.

Re: Avery Bradley deal one year later.
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2015, 01:34:21 PM »

Offline ahonui06

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 27
That AB deal is one of the best bargains in the league; especially considering the cap is going to jump annually the next 3 years.

« Reply #2 on: July 02, 2015, 01:35:08 PM »

Offline Evantime34

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 764
  • Eagerly Awaiting the Next Fantasy Draft
Bradley played really poorly to start the year and much better in the second half. I think Smart and Crowder will pick up more of the scoring slack and Bradley won't be forced to create for himself on offense.

People got really down on him for taking all those one dribble pull ups off the pick and roll, but more often than not that was our best option to create a look. Bradley will be a lot better once he is able to shoot jumpers off of others penetration, and if the team improves that should happen either this year or next.

Also, I noticed that they decided to call his on the ball pressure much more tightly this year. Rarely was he able to get under ball handlers like he was so effective doing in the big 3 era. It apparently was a point of emphasis with the refs, next year I think he is able to get away with more and play much more disruptive defense.
DKC:  Rockets
CB Draft: Memphis Grizz
Players: Klay Thompson, Jabari Parker, Aaron Gordon
Next 3 picks: 4.14, 4.15, 4.19

« Reply #3 on: July 02, 2015, 01:35:49 PM »

Offline BudweiserCeltic

• Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 1818
It was good then, it remains good now. Nothing much to add to that.

« Reply #4 on: July 02, 2015, 01:37:35 PM »

Offline knuckleballer

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 664
Bradley's deal looks good now, but will be a steal by this time next year.  If Rozier and/or Hunter show something this year, Bradley will become a nice trade asset.

I don't think his contract hurt the ability to sign a max guy this year.  The Celtics could have cleared some cap space if there was mutual interest to sign Harris or Monroe to a max deal.

« Reply #5 on: July 02, 2015, 01:38:15 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2670
  • bammokja
Did DA do well on this deal? I think in some ways he did but in others he probably didn't. I say "didn't", like could have paid Monroe and Harris what each wanted if he had the $ then signed AB for what Shump got? But man Shump got a lot and AB doesn't seem as good a defender any more to be paying him that kind of money.

Polls up. Do feel free to also leave comment opinions.
whoa!!! let's slow down from such radical statements!!  ;D

anyway, as we watch the signings in the past few days, the contract looks good for the quality of the player. no star is being blocked from coming here from that contract.
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #6 on: July 02, 2015, 01:50:41 PM »

Offline TheTruthFot18

• NCE
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 263
  • Truth Juice
If the cap stayed the same the next 4 years it would be somewhat of an overpay unless he turns into a Monta Ellis. But after seeing someone like Shumpert get 4/$40, it looks much better.
The Nets will finish with the worst record and the Celtics will end up with the 4th pick.

- Me (sometime in January)

--------------------------------------------------------

Guess I was wrong (May 23rd)

« Reply #7 on: July 02, 2015, 01:53:46 PM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2412
I did not understand how much the cap was going to jump.

I thought it was going to be a 20-25% increase ... and that was only after others pointed out that the cap was going to jump and that Avery's deal was good value because of that ... but it was way, way more than that.

$63 million this past year to $108 million in 2017/18. That is a 71% jump. Huge increase.

I did not understand just how large an increase it was going to be.

« Reply #8 on: July 02, 2015, 02:33:11 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Iman Shumpert is getting $10M/yr,  Demarre Carrol is getting $15M/yr, Danny Green is getting $11M/yr (a deal people love).  Next year's deals will be even more bonkers.  I don't know how you can't love AB at $8M/yr.

As EvanTime mentioned, people criticize AB for things that he shouldn't be put in a position to do to begin with.  Nobody would be all about Danny Green as a player if he had been in AB's position for the past 3 years.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #9 on: July 02, 2015, 02:38:19 PM »

Online SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2970
Avery

Was

Robbed

« Reply #10 on: July 02, 2015, 03:00:36 PM »

Offline Fred Roberts

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 102
Sadly, Knicks fans summed it up well ....

Average Bradley

Not much of a steal. Guy does some things we'll and has some deficiences.

« Reply #11 on: July 02, 2015, 03:56:18 PM »

Offline Future Celtics Owner

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 191
  • Celtic's only raise championship Banners
Good deal and valuable asset. IMO AB gets moved, just a gut check. I was hoping we could trade him to INDY for a deal including Myles Turner, but Indy just signed Monta Ellis.

AB's deal is great....Isiaih Thomas' is even better!