Author Topic: You're LeBron, what do you do next?  (Read 3568 times)

Re: You're LeBron, what do you do next?
« Reply #15 on: January 13, 2018, 01:16:22 PM »

Offline bopna

• NGT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 136
The only legacy left for Lebrick to chase is really to be the first superstar to win a ring in three or more different teams..No one in history has done that..certainly not a superstar of his calibre. He aint chasing Jordan no more, he cant even reach Kobe right now so If he can win three from 3 diffrent teams then he does something special to carry with him. The problem is GS is pretty much cementedto win in the next 3 or 4 years ( C's ofcourse will try and say something about that..Right about now we are the only team capable of beating them).

Cavs ain't winning anything anymore, even if they get PG...They'd need an AD type to atleast have a chance. IF He joins Houston, well there will be war out West but even that ain't really guaranteed.

« Reply #16 on: January 13, 2018, 02:23:47 PM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
I'd over haul cavs.

« Reply #17 on: January 13, 2018, 02:34:30 PM »

Offline CelticsElite

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 789
Whine to the refs like every other day... or play

« Reply #18 on: January 13, 2018, 03:01:01 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 1533
Lebron will go to whatever team can pay him the max and give him the best chance to win a title.  So that would make Cleveland the clear front runner, but if Houston can figure out a way to clear the salary and keep both Harden and Paul, they would have a real shot.  The only other teams that make any sense are Philadelphia and the Lakers (but only if the Lakers are able to land a couple of other top tier players). 
2023 Historical Draft - Brooklyn Nets - 9th pick

Bigs - Pau, Amar'e, Issel, McGinnis, Roundfield
Wings - Dantley, Bowen, J. Jackson
Guards - Cheeks, Petrovic, Buse, Rip

« Reply #19 on: January 13, 2018, 03:06:49 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.
Lebron will go to whatever team can pay him the max and give him the best chance to win a title.  So that would make Cleveland the clear front runner, but if Houston can figure out a way to clear the salary and keep both Harden and Paul, they would have a real shot.  The only other teams that make any sense are Philadelphia and the Lakers (but only if the Lakers are able to land a couple of other top tier players).

I think it's pretty telling that there is already many issues and problems with defense, and players now frustrated with how ball dominant Lebron has been. He literally has been in control of every offensive possession, not to mention he had to pay 40 minutes last night and still lose to the Pacers. I don't know where on Earth, you possibly think Cleveland is anywhere near the chance of winning a championship. The East is relatively wide open, but its clear cut that the Wizards, Raptors, Cleveland, and Celtics are the only dominant forces in the East currently. We will wait and see what happens in the playoffs, but this Cleveland team as is, doesn't have the roster nor enough offensive firepower to make up for the lapses they have on defense.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #20 on: January 13, 2018, 03:25:13 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

I think it's pretty telling that there is already many issues and problems with defense, and players now frustrated with how ball dominant Lebron has been. He literally has been in control of every offensive possession, not to mention he had to pay 40 minutes last night and still lose to the Pacers. I don't know where on Earth, you possibly think Cleveland is anywhere near the chance of winning a championship. The East is relatively wide open, but its clear cut that the Wizards, Raptors, Cleveland, and Celtics are the only dominant forces in the East currently. We will wait and see what happens in the playoffs, but this Cleveland team as is, doesn't have the roster nor enough offensive firepower to make up for the lapses they have on defense.
what if they trade Thompson for Jordan?  What if Marc Gasol becomes available and they land him?  What if the recent struggles are more about Thomas being very rusty and they figure it out once Thomas stops missing the broad side of a barn.  What if Crowder remembers how to play?  The Cavs have the best 10 man rotation in the East and a top 3 such rotation in the game. 

And let's not forget the Cavs were a very poor defensive team last year as well, but still cruised into the NBA Finals (they are worse this year, but they were still bad last year).

And they have a top 10 pick coming to them which they can use or trade this summer.   

« Reply #21 on: January 13, 2018, 03:33:51 PM »

Offline wayupnorth

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 141

what if they trade Thompson for Jordan?  What if Marc Gasol becomes available and they land him?  What if the recent struggles are more about Thomas being very rusty and they figure it out once Thomas stops missing the broad side of a barn.  What if Crowder remembers how to play?  The Cavs have the best 10 man rotation in the East and a top 3 such rotation in the game. 

And let's not forget the Cavs were a very poor defensive team last year as well, but still cruised into the NBA Finals (they are worse this year, but they were still bad last year).

And they have a top 10 pick coming to them which they can use or trade this summer.   

So you are basically assuming an absolute best case scenario for Cleveland?

« Reply #22 on: January 13, 2018, 03:44:50 PM »

Offline Monkhouse

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 814
  • A true Celtic plays with heart.

Not gonna happen, who in their right mind would take on Tristan Thompson's contract? Any trade for Jordan, the Cavs need to give up either a first rounder, or the Nets pick. If Gasol becomes available, he's not getting traded without the Brooklyn pick, that is for sure, because there are going to definitely be many suitors for him, not just the Cavs. And Crowder is an great player, I do think the hate on him is unwarranted, but you're joking if you seriously think he's going to put anywhere near the same numbers as he has on the Celtics... My main issue with the Cavs? Stop trotting out that stupid Love and Crowder frontcourt. It's not working. We've all seen first hand that Crowder is not better off at the 4. This is my proposal for the Cavs lineup.

IT
Shumpert or Korver (Korver is still great at team help defense, even if he gets smoked 1 on 1 man on man D)
Crowder (He can assume his natural position, play his role at 3&D)
Lebron (I think he should stay at this position to take advantages of mismatches and it'll be easier for him to run in transition or start the fast break off of rebounds.)
Love or TT (Ideally, should depend on matchups. I think TT is a better defender, but does he really make up for his lack of spacing?)

Bring Wade, Green, and Smith off the bench. Why in god's name is Lue starting Smith? You do realize he has putting up garbage numbers?

Thomas will always be a 20+ PPG scorer, but how are you going to hide his weaknesses on defense?

But I disagree about the best 10 man rotation. That is just absolutely false. Top 3 rotation in the game? Now you're just making things up lol.

The Cavs will still be an offensive juggernaut, but your entire roster is riddled with players that are past their prime.
"I bomb atomically, Socrates' philosophies and hypotheses
Can't define how I be dropping these mockeries."

Is the glass half-full or half-empty?
It's based on your perspective, quite simply
We're the same and we're not; know what I'm saying? Listen
Son, I ain't better than you, I just think different

« Reply #23 on: January 13, 2018, 09:56:24 PM »

Offline Moranis

• James Naismith

So you are basically assuming an absolute best case scenario for Cleveland?
no but where is he going that pays him the mac and gives him a better shot at the title. There just aren't many options for him

« Reply #24 on: January 13, 2018, 10:13:48 PM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
I actually want him to stay at Cleveland but the team around him is very poor and they don't really have many assets other than that Brooklyn pick but how much will you get for that? They need an upgrade at pretty much every position. They need to move Love and Thompson neither of which will be easy.

I'd say the best situation for him is still Houston if they can get off Anderson's contract and possibly if they can move stuff around even Spurs.

« Reply #25 on: January 14, 2018, 12:49:23 AM »

Offline TheisTheisBaby

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 32
He's not winning anywhere he goes because no team in the West, Houston included, is beating the Warriors even by adding Lebron.  In the East, we've already surpassed the Cavs for the now and future.  And they're the clear cut 2nd best team.  At 33 he's not gonna magically put the 76ers over the top. 

So what he's gonna do is go to the Lakers solely for the glitz and glamour.  He's already mentally checking out from basketball so he can focus on a career in Hollywood.

« Reply #26 on: January 14, 2018, 12:57:23 AM »

Offline azzenfrost

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 177
I would stay in Cleveland and do my best at recruiting even more talent. I would want a stake in the team too.
I moved the cheese.

« Reply #27 on: January 14, 2018, 01:07:13 AM »

Offline slightly biased bias fan

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 310
He's not winning anywhere he goes because no team in the West, Houston included, is beating the Warriors even by adding Lebron.  In the East, we've already surpassed the Cavs for the now and future.  And they're the clear cut 2nd best team.  At 33 he's not gonna magically put the 76ers over the top. 

So what he's gonna do is go to the Lakers solely for the glitz and glamour. He's already mentally checking out from basketball so he can focus on a career in Hollywood.

LeBron is currently putting up the best, most efficient numbers of his career (27 points, 8 rebounds, 9 assists, 1.7 steals, 1 block on .617% shooting and .380 3P%) I'd hardly call that mentally checking out. His team is terrible and old, the coaching is average and the management is poor. Also James or his agent has never mentioned any interest in LA ever, that's the media like ESPN making up rubbish because he purchased a house there. With that same logic Brady is going to the Rams or Chargers because he lives over there in the offseason.

You really think a line up of James, Harden, Paul, Ariza and Capela couldn't give Golden State a challenge? I think it'd be very close.

« Reply #28 on: January 14, 2018, 01:31:02 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN
Go to boston.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #29 on: January 14, 2018, 02:23:02 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The only legacy left for Lebrick to chase is really to be the first superstar to win a ring in three or more different teams..No one in history has done that..certainly not a superstar of his calibre. He aint chasing Jordan no more, he cant even reach Kobe right now so If he can win three from 3 diffrent teams then he does something special to carry with him. The problem is GS is pretty much cementedto win in the next 3 or 4 years ( C's ofcourse will try and say something about that..Right about now we are the only team capable of beating them).

Cavs ain't winning anything anymore, even if they get PG...They'd need an AD type to atleast have a chance. IF He joins Houston, well there will be war out West but even that ain't really guaranteed.

Somewhere Robert Horry is trying to get your attention. I know you qualified your point by saying 'at least no one of LeBron's superstar caliber has ever done this' but the truth is if LeBron chases a ring for the 3rd time in his career then even he ceases to be of the Caliber of the LeBron James we know today. He simply gets reduced to the class of lets say a Shaquille O'Neal. Not that that is necessarily a bad thing it just does not get you to the rarified air of a Jordan or Kobe.