Author Topic: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)  (Read 24994 times)

Re: UPDATE: C's still going after Caron Butler without Jamison
« Reply #15 on: February 12, 2010, 06:53:32 PM »

Offline Drucci

• Global Moderator
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 439
Well, apparently C's are now still interested in Jamison even if they can't get Butler... strange.

Butler is going to Dallas, but Wiz and Celts will continue to discuss a scaled down deal for Jamison, source says. Boston still interested.

http://twitter.com/WojYahooNBA

Jamison and Miller for BBD Ray and a pick? Ray get bout out ?

New update :
Cavs and Celts will go head to head for Jamison, but sources say Cavs are very involved in talks for Amar'e Stoudemire.

Strange reports. Ray for Jamison + Miller and Ray coming back after a buyout would be great but it sounds like the C's want to get Jamison to prevent him from going to Cleveland?

Can't say I'm too surprised at Cleveland taking a run at this.  They get either one of those guys and it could be "game over" in the East.

I'm not surprised either, it makes a lot of sense for Cleveland and their interest in Jamison has been known for years.

But it doesn't make sense for Boston to trade for Jamison, except if they want to avoid him going to Cleveland... or, like jdpapa said, KG is cooked.

« Reply #16 on: February 12, 2010, 06:54:57 PM »

Offline Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1623
  • What a Pub Should Be
Well, apparently C's are now still interested in Jamison even if they can't get Butler... strange.

Butler is going to Dallas, but Wiz and Celts will continue to discuss a scaled down deal for Jamison, source says. Boston still interested.

New update :
Cavs and Celts will go head to head for Jamison, but sources say Cavs are very involved in talks for Amar'e Stoudemire.

Strange reports. Ray for Jamison + Miller and Ray coming back after a buyout would be great but it sounds like the C's want to get Jamison to prevent him from going to Cleveland?

Can't say I'm too surprised at Cleveland taking a run at this.  They get either one of those guys and it could be "game over" in the East.

I'm not surprised either, it makes a lot of sense for Cleveland and their interest in Jamison has been known for years.

But it doesn't make sense for Boston to trade for Jamison, except if they want to avoid him going to Cleveland... or, like jdpapa said, KG is cooked.

Agreed about Jamison.  I'm guessing its all smoke (probably out of DC) to drive up the asking price for Jamison.  I don't think there is a bonafide serious interest in Jamison from Boston (unless, as you mentioned, KG is cooked).

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

Re: UPDATE: Caron Butler to Dallas, Now C's are going after Jamison (Wojo)
« Reply #17 on: February 12, 2010, 06:55:46 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
Jamison alone makes 0 sense for this team unless the FO thinks KG is cooked.

agreed.  I thought we were trying to get younger and athletic.

Nah the heck with it... lets bring in a 34 year old bigman with 3 years left on his contract... that way in 3 years we'll be paying a total of 43 million to have a 36 year old Jamison, 35 year old KG and 37 year old Rasheed.   Lol.

(In reality, I think teams are looking at that 3rd year as a nonfactor, because the league will be in the middle of a lockout... so we will only have to watch KG/Sheed/Jamison fall apart for this season and next season.)

« Reply #18 on: February 12, 2010, 06:58:21 PM »

Offline Celtic

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 55
  • TRANSFORMATION INTO CHAMPION COMPLETE!!!
I hate this idea so much, it doesn't make us a championship contender, and it just locks up money in Jamison. Antawn is a good player but not a great one, not someone to "rebuild" around, if that is the road we are going down.

« Reply #19 on: February 12, 2010, 07:03:15 PM »

Offline hpantazo

• Kevin McHale
  • Tommy Points: 2715

New update :

either that or they have some serious doubts about KG's knee

« Reply #20 on: February 12, 2010, 07:26:41 PM »

Offline Mr October

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 247
I have no interest in just Jamison and his contract.

Flipping Ray for Jamison and Butler was a good idea, because you're getting 2 stars for the price of 1.

Jamison alone... not so much.

« Reply #21 on: February 12, 2010, 07:33:01 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24

New update :

either that or they have some serious doubts about KG's knee

Maybe ... jamison still helps them as a guy who can play 3 in a big lineup and 5 in a smaller one.  He is not a franchise maker (duh) but as a 2nd best player on a contender, he is still very good.  Plus he's a very good offensive rebounder and does not require isolation - he scores his points on quick plays.  Given how lousy this team is at offensive rebounding, somehow his skillset will help.  Better than trading for Hinrich for instance ... not that that's difficult to do

« Reply #22 on: February 12, 2010, 07:34:28 PM »

Offline Andy Jick

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 89
  • You know my methods, Watson.

Nah the heck with it... lets bring in a 34 year old bigman with 3 years left on his contract... that way in 3 years we'll be paying a total of 43 million to have a 36 year old Jamison, 35 year old KG and 37 year old Rasheed.   Lol.

(In reality, I think teams are looking at that 3rd year as a nonfactor, because the league will be in the middle of a lockout... so we will only have to watch KG/Sheed/Jamison fall apart for this season and next season.)

didn't realize jamison's contract was that long.  in light of his age i think this deal makes NO sense whatsoever.  count me in as one who doesn't like this at all...
"It was easier to know it than to explain why I know it."

« Reply #23 on: February 12, 2010, 07:40:05 PM »

Offline sk7326

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 24

didn't realize jamison's contract was that long.  in light of his age i think this deal makes NO sense whatsoever.  count me in as one who doesn't like this at all...

To be fair - the update has not actually specified the deal that would be discussed to make this work.  The Celtics could get Jamison entirely for non Ray expiring deals.  As the front page mentions, a deal with Mike Miller can work and works rotationwise.  Heck, a deal with Nick Young, Jamison and Mike James' corpse works too.

« Reply #24 on: February 12, 2010, 07:47:56 PM »

Offline Jon

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 385
Just for the record, we could (in theory) trade Scal, Eddie, TA, and J.R. for Jamison without giving up Ray. 

It'd leave us weak at the guard spot to say the least; however, if we brought in Ty Lue and signed someone who gets bought out, we could be OK.

Plus, Washington might cut Eddie or TA.

Trade ID #5454339 at Real GM. 

« Reply #25 on: February 12, 2010, 08:09:03 PM »

Offline jdub1660

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 87
Awesome!  If there is one thing this team needs... it's another 33 year old big man with one foot in the grave and 3 years remaining on his contract.   Sign me up!   

The only difference between Jamison and our 30 something year olds...is he doesn't play like he's an aged 30 year old. Aside from his lack of strong defense, he has an array of inside moves and ability to hit the 3. He could only be a billion and a half times better than BBD and Sheed.
Can't stop, Rondo!

« Reply #26 on: February 12, 2010, 08:27:47 PM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
Less interested in this.  I really liked the idea of Butler+Jamison. Oh Well.  We'll see what transpires.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #27 on: February 12, 2010, 08:57:32 PM »

Offline steve

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 79
I just love rumors.  I don't even care if they are made up, as long as I think they're real for at least an hour. 

« Reply #28 on: February 12, 2010, 09:39:23 PM »

Offline lon3lytoaster

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 157
  • Word aapp!
Not interested in Jamison alone. I think they only way I'd take him without Butler is with Andray Blatche, Randy Foye and Mike Miller attatched to his hip.

« Reply #29 on: February 12, 2010, 09:39:58 PM »

Offline tallone

• Drew Peterson
  • Tommy Points: 0
trade does not make us younger