Author Topic: Celtics (7-5) at Trailblazers (9-3) Game #13 11/11/18  (Read 23804 times)

Re: Celtics (7-5) at Trailblazers (9-3) Game #13 11/11/18
« Reply #450 on: November 12, 2018, 12:34:07 AM »

Offline footey

• Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 1833
Pitiful road trip. Hayward just doesn't need to be starting yet. He's not much of a threat to score the ball, and his defense has been bad. Al and Brown being no-shows clearly hasn't helped either, but I think replacing Gordon in the starting lineup makes the most sense right now.

I was a little sketchy with playing that small across the board with only one true big in Al out there anyways, but I thought it'd end up working out with our increased shooting and playmaking, along with still having lots of good, long defenders on the perimeter. But the fact that our offense isn't making up for our loss in size and defense (e.g. all those offensive boards tonight) points to me that we could do ourselves some good by either going more defense-oriented in the starting lineup (Baynes for Gordon) or offense-oriented in the starting lineup (Morris for Gordon).

At the very least it'd give us an identity to work around and not have us continuously get into these major holes that we have to fight so hard to get out of.

You’re rearranging chairs on the deck of the Titanic. Need to do something more dramatic. We are settling for dumb long twos and contested 3’s early in shot click. Need to be more committed to playing inside more, attacking the hoop more.  This is how nearly every other team is beating us. Brad has some accountability. His game plan is not working. He is getting out coached. I’m still a fan but got to call it the way it is.

« Reply #451 on: November 12, 2018, 03:18:51 AM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
Boston Sports not faring well these days after the Sox won it all. Patriots look like their Brady-era is about to run out soon. Celtics' talent has been too problematic lately.  :(

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #452 on: November 12, 2018, 05:07:35 AM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
Brad needs to coach better..... build two teams, use your depth.

« Reply #453 on: November 12, 2018, 06:56:56 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Brad needs to coach better..... build two teams, use your depth.

He can't make the shots for them.   We had another poor shooting night?    38% from the field and 33% from they trey line does not cut it.

« Reply #454 on: November 12, 2018, 07:49:46 AM »

Offline hodgy03038

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 440
  • Marcus Smart #1 Fan
Let's see if this team can look in the mirror and fix the game starts. When you get down 20 early you can't expect to come back and win these games. At the end of this week we can either be back in the hunt or we could be out of the top 8 teams. We have a game first against the Bulls who have nothing to lose. That is a game we better be prepared for but then we follow that with back to backs at home vs 2 teams that have already beat us in TOR & UTA. If we can't get up for those two games and come out with wins at home then we have real problems. Al needs to step up against Ibaka and the team needs to figure out how to stop potential MVP Joe Ingles.