Author Topic: Bos/Atl/Phx (idea)  (Read 2955 times)

Bos/Atl/Phx (idea)
« on: November 19, 2012, 03:20:47 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Yes this is a Josh Smith trade and yes before you read, this guts the team as currently constructed.

What I would really like to see is a 3 team trade with ATL/BOS/PHX. Maybe even a 4th team if someone is more creative then me.

Something like:

Boston Sends: Green, Bass, AB, Sully, Melo, 2 Future 1st ,Furture 2nd
Boston Revieves: Smith, Gortat

ATL Sends: Josh Smith
ATL revieves: Green, Sully, Future 2 first rounders (Bos),Future First (PHX via LA)

PHX Sends: Gortat
PHX Revieves: Bass, AB, Melo, Future 2nd (boston)

Sign Pietrus
Sign Delonte West
Sign Kenyon Martin

Rondo/Barbosa
Lee/Jet/Delonte
Pierce/MP/Joseph
Smith/Wilcox/Martin
KG/Gortat/Collins

Left a roster spot incase Darko stays.

This team, barring the short amount of time to develop chemistry is better than our team currently.

Thats a killer 8-10 man playoff rotation.

Re: Bos/Atl/Phx (idea)
« Reply #1 on: November 19, 2012, 03:28:04 PM »

fitzhickey

Yeah, that would be unstoppable, but we have no young guys or any draft picks. No future

« Reply #2 on: November 19, 2012, 03:38:36 PM »

Offline pp34isthe1

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 40
Yeah, that would be unstoppable, but we have no young guys or any draft picks. No future

Ya I probably went a little over board with the draft picks but I dont see how Atl or Phx would bite without them.

But lets break it down. Bass is replacable, AB may never be the same, plus we still have lee who is 27. Jeff Green is not and never will be Josh Smith. Gortat brings a defensive presence and rebounding (only 28). So we are at a loss with Sully and Melo which I could live with.

Pierce and KG have 2-3 years left, might as well do everything possible for #18.

Remember youth isnt everything when there is cap space and free agency. We will still have rondo for the future, oh and that guy josh smith isnt too bad either. With Rondo, Smith and the salary space, top free agents will come.

« Reply #3 on: November 19, 2012, 03:44:54 PM »

Offline AB_Celtic

• DKC Commish
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 460

Ya I probably went a little over board with the draft picks but I dont see how Atl or Phx would bite without them.

But lets break it down. Bass is replacable, AB may never be the same, plus we still have lee who is 27. Jeff Green is not and never will be Josh Smith. Gortat brings a defensive presence and rebounding (only 28). So we are at a loss with Sully and Melo which I could live with.

Pierce and KG have 2-3 years left, might as well do everything possible for #18.

Remember youth isnt everything when there is cap space and free agency. We will still have rondo for the future, oh and that guy josh smith isnt too bad either. With Rondo, Smith and the salary space, top free agents will come.

It's a great proposal. We're loaded for the next few years and we have a decently young core to build around in Rondo, Lee, Smith, Gortat. Only problem is we have to wait a while to trade some of our players, and no guarantee that Pietrus and Martin are still available, so we could go from super deep to super shallow (for lack of a better term).

Also, I think Delonte's time here has passed.

« Reply #4 on: November 19, 2012, 04:08:01 PM »

Offline nostar

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 74
There is no way PHX does that trade. Gortat is a very valuable commodity and while I think AB is [out of this world] great I just don't think the rest of the league is on that bandwagon yet.

On the other hand it's a pretty good trade for ATL from what I can tell. Green, Sully and 2 firsts is a good package if Smith is going to leave town anyway. I'd argue that it's a better package than the Lakers could offer around Pau Gasol.

I agree with all of the people who are saying banner #18 is worth giving up some future prospects. I think Sully and AB are great pieces and those 3 picks will be valuable but Smith and Gortat are valuable too. It's upgrading positions with youth and giving up some (let's be honest) late 1st round picks to do it.

This is an arm-chair GM trade and won't ever happen but I'd do it in a second if it was ever on the table.

« Reply #5 on: November 19, 2012, 04:21:26 PM »

Offline action781

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 609
Yes this is a Josh Smith trade and yes before you read, this guts the team as currently constructed.

What I would really like to see is a 3 team trade with ATL/BOS/PHX. Maybe even a 4th team if someone is more creative then me.

Something like:

ATL revieves: Green, Sully, Future 2 first rounders (Bos),Future First (PHX via LA)

While I'd love it, I'm not sure Atlanta does it.  I feel like they can get better offers for Josh Smith.
2020 CelticsStrong All-2000s Draft -- Utah Jazz

Finals Starters:  Jason Kidd - Reggie Miller - PJ Tucker - Al Horford - Shaq
Bench:  Rajon Rondo - Trae Young - Marcus Smart - Jaylen Brown -  Peja Stojakovic - Jamal Mashburn - Carlos Boozer - Tristan Thompson - Mehmet Okur

« Reply #6 on: November 19, 2012, 04:28:22 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
The only thing I'd say about this is it leaves us shorthanded at the wing. Other than that I'd dig it.

There's a reason Pietrus and Delonte are struggling to find roster spots this year.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #7 on: November 19, 2012, 07:07:57 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 367
It's a great proposal. We're loaded for the next few years and we have a decently young core to build around in Rondo, Lee, Smith, Gortat.

For those (that one guy) who say no future...this.

And...

That team is SICK. Awesome!

And I'm very sentimental when it comes to this team. I love AB. I love Sully. And God do I love Bass. Hell, I even love Fab Melo.

Does anybody have Ainge's email or phone or mail? Or even fax?

We can't trade now I've heard about trade promises being made before they're executed.

The lack of small forwards is concerning but J-Smoove can play 3. We can rent-a-forward with Redd and a few other decent options on the market (although Redd seems like the best option) in addition to signing Pietrus.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2012, 09:41:27 PM by bfrombleacher »

« Reply #8 on: November 19, 2012, 10:35:14 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Something like:

PHX Sends: Gortat
PHX Revieves: Bass, AB, Melo, Future 2nd (boston)

Sign Pietrus
Sign Delonte West
Sign Kenyon Martin

Rondo/Barbosa
Lee/Jet/Delonte
Pierce/MP/Joseph
Smith/Wilcox/Martin
KG/Gortat/Collins

Left a roster spot incase Darko stays.

This team, barring the short amount of time to develop chemistry is better than our team currently.

Thats a killer 8-10 man playoff rotation.

Green and Sully are worth more than Josh Smith. Have you looked at his numbers???

FG% .413  3p%.200  FT% .368!  RPG 8.3% Ast:3.7  ppg: 15.6 and a per of 12.94.... FG Attempts: 17.3per game! 

I was watching the Orlando VS Atlanta game and the Atlanta fans were actually booing him when he took shots.... He demands the ball on offense and is probably the worst shooter on the team. he also avoids contact when he drives to the rim and cant make free throws. All of this for the bargain price of 13.2 million a year. Rondos FT shooting is bad enough at the end of the games and now we are going to add an even worse shooter? that should work out well.. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about this guy. Think he might be the most overrated player in the league. Certainly is around here
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #9 on: November 19, 2012, 10:35:28 PM »

Offline celticmania

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 39
Great Trade Idea, i think it is good for all the teams.

I would be very excited about getting rid of small ball. Imagine this line-up : Rondo-Pierce-Smith-Garnett-Gortat. We would kill teams inside and on the boards. That line-up would be great against the Lakers. Also, we have a unit that can defend the Heat as good as any other team:

Heat         Celtics

Chalmers     Rondo
Wade         Lee
Battier      Pierce
James        Smith
Bosh         Garnett

Smith is a great defender and can defend Lebron as good as anyone. Also, Pierce has been bad against the Heat in the last few years because he gets tired defending Lebron.

Great trade, it would bring us BANNER 18 deffinately !!!

« Reply #10 on: November 19, 2012, 10:44:37 PM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

Green and Sully are worth more than Josh Smith. Have you looked at his numbers???

FG% .413  3p%.200  FT% .368!  RPG 8.3% Ast:3.7  ppg: 15.6 and a per of 12.94.... FG Attempts: 17.3per game! 

I was watching the Orlando VS Atlanta game and the Atlanta fans were actually booing him when he took shots.... He demands the ball on offense and is probably the worst shooter on the team. he also avoids contact when he drives to the rim and cant make free throws. All of this for the bargain price of 13.2 million a year. Rondos FT shooting is bad enough at the end of the games and now we are going to add an even worse shooter? that should work out well.. I really don't understand what all the fuss is about this guy. Think he might be the most overrated player in the league. Certainly is around here

He can play hella defense and grabs rebounds.

Rondo and J-Smoove PnR is going to be deadly. I don't think he's ever played with a pass first PG in the NBA.

« Reply #11 on: November 19, 2012, 10:53:20 PM »

Offline lightspeed5

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 283
so we're stuck with no draft picks or young guys just to get gortat, the most overrated center in the game? lol

« Reply #12 on: November 19, 2012, 10:54:03 PM »

Offline pearljammer10

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 885
this would be great for nba 2k13

« Reply #13 on: November 19, 2012, 10:57:09 PM »

Offline Goldstar88

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1416

Rondo and J-Smoove PnR is going to be deadly. I don't think he's ever played with a pass first PG in the NBA.

His player efficiency is 12.9... Hes #8 in player efficiency on his team. Why do you think that is?
Quoting Nick from the now locked Ime thread:
At some point you have to blame the performance on the court on the players on the court. Every loss is not the coach's fault and every win isn't because of the players.

« Reply #14 on: November 20, 2012, 03:26:44 AM »

Offline bfrombleacher

• Ray Allen

His player efficiency is 12.9... Hes #8 in player efficiency on his team. Why do you think that is?

The main argument against it is it's heavily weighted towards scoring.

The one thing that I heard people hate about Josh Smith is that he takes ill-advised-low-percentage jumpers. I remember their offense being called very isolation-heavy.

Also, defense is factored in through blocks and steals only.