Author Topic: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread  (Read 53344 times)

Re: Trade Deadline Rumors and Deals Thread
« Reply #150 on: February 07, 2019, 02:12:51 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 144
Comical. Everyone in the East improves by a huge margin but Boston....who is pretty much just waiting on
AD.

Really a very frustrating thing to see....an no I do not think they can win the east as constructed. Bench is a liability.

While the assets that were going to be used in a deal are declining in value.

That Clippers pick and memphis pick AND the sacramento pick have all lost value.

So Danny will have to sell the farm to try and get Davis...

This can be crippling to franchise long term...

« Reply #151 on: February 07, 2019, 02:12:56 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 292
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
The question is whether the Cs are actually competing for a championship this year or merely biding time for the summer. If they are biding time they must be confident that Kyrie is resigning.

What kind of signal does this send to Kyrie? He's already a bit frustrated about our record. Now he sees our competition add significant pieces to their team for the playoffs, while the Celtics do nothing.

Ainge must be really confident he can get Davis and also puts pressure on himself to make a deal for Davis. I hope he doesn't overpay as it was rumoured (like giving up Tatum, Smart and Horford).

« Reply #152 on: February 07, 2019, 02:13:10 PM »

Offline RJ87

• NCE
  • Ed Macauley
  • Tommy Points: 1408
  • Let's Go Celtics!
Grizzlies trade Green and Temple to Clips for Bradley

Hmm, I wonder if AB gets bought out? He’d be a great addition off the bench!

Now there's a guy who looks close to toast.
2021 Houston Rockets
PG: Kyrie Irving/Patty Mills/Jalen Brunson
SG: OG Anunoby/Norman Powell/Matisse Thybulle
SF: Gordon Hayward/Demar Derozan
PF: Giannis Antetokounmpo/Robert Covington
C: Kristaps Porzingis/Bobby Portis/James Wiseman

« Reply #153 on: February 07, 2019, 02:13:46 PM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
Boston putting everything (including the success of this season) into the future basket of AD. I just don't like that. Too many variables.

Rock bottom is going to be if they lose Kyrie and AD is traded elsewhere. Then we are right back where we were a few years ago...collecting young players for the next big deal.

Not necessarily.  They have a timeline and not panicking to what's going on around them.   They have a long term plan.  Guessing one that includes a move for AD and one that doesn't.  They're not going to deviate from that just because MIL & TOR perceivably improved today.   It's not Danny's M.O.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #154 on: February 07, 2019, 02:14:34 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Memphis trading everyone lol..look like bottom 3 team now

Good.  That pick will roll over and be more valuable.  They should be a bad team for the next 3 years.

No way their ownership liets that pick convey as a valuable unprotected pick. look at Sacramento this season.

Not a chance that picks carries alot of value.

« Reply #155 on: February 07, 2019, 02:14:47 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!
So is Danny even going to get rid of Bird and/or Yabusele to clear up spots for buyouts??
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #156 on: February 07, 2019, 02:14:55 PM »

Offline PAOBoston

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 533
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 1m1 minute ago

Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

235 replies 987 retweets 1,641 likes
Reply 235   Retweet 987   Like 1.6K
Basically shedding salary for Toronto. That’s a decent amount of depth for this year to give up.

that will hurt Toronto a little imo.

Depth is lost, and Ibaka is not gonna be happy. He sucks as a PF and no way he is gonna like coming off the bench. So there is that.
I don’t think Toronto messes with the starting 5. But their bench depth that made Toronto real good though took a big hit. Unless they are gonna be big players on the buy out market.

Either way, people are seriously overreacting. Toronto has no choice but to go all in. This may be their last hurrah with Leonard. Need to go all in.

Cs are finally finding their stride. I think their big bet is Hayward. Getting back the old Hayward is like getting a big trade.

« Reply #157 on: February 07, 2019, 02:16:46 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
so 44 minutes left to add Vucevic.

I remain hopeful

« Reply #158 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:29 PM »

Offline Silky

• NFT
  • Bailey Howell
Adrian Wojnarowski

Verified account

@wojespn
 1m1 minute ago

Toronto is planning to send Jonas Valanciunas, Delon Wright, CJ Milles and a 2024 second-round pick to the the Grizzlies for Gasol, league sources tell ESPN.

235 replies 987 retweets 1,641 likes
Reply 235   Retweet 987   Like 1.6K
Basically shedding salary for Toronto. That’s a decent amount of depth for this year to give up.

that will hurt Toronto a little imo.

Depth is lost, and Ibaka is not gonna be happy. He sucks as a PF and no way he is gonna like coming off the bench. So there is that.
I don’t think Toronto messes with the starting 5. But their bench depth that made Toronto real good though took a big hit. Unless they are gonna be big players on the buy out market.

Either way, people are seriously overreacting. Toronto has no choice but to go all in. This may be their last hurrah with Leonard. Need to go all in.

Cs are finally finding their stride. I think their big bet is Hayward. Getting back the old Hayward is like getting a big trade.

Its the better move for them long term.

If Kawhi leaves they will have HUGE capspace in a couple years with Marc and Lowry both expiring

« Reply #159 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:35 PM »

Offline celticinorlando

• John Havlicek
  • Tommy Points: 659
  • MASTER OF PANIC
I so wanted to see Rozier traded today. Think is the cause of all problems in the locker room and on the court. He is selfish, a liability on defense and a walking minus player.

« Reply #160 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:39 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
Boston putting everything (including the success of this season) into the future basket of AD. I just don't like that. Too many variables.

Rock bottom is going to be if they lose Kyrie and AD is traded elsewhere. Then we are right back where we were a few years ago...collecting young players for the next big deal.

Not necessarily.  They have a timeline and not panicking to what's going on around them.   They have a long term plan.  Guessing one that includes a move for AD and one that doesn't.  They're not going to deviate from that just because MIL & TOR perceivably improved today.   It's not Danny's M.O.

But how does Kyrie feel about that?

Yes, it's not the time that Brown and Tatum (and obviously Williams) are in their primes, but Irving certainly is (and Horford is past his prime). We made the conference finals twice in a row, a second round exit is a step back.

« Reply #161 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:45 PM »

Offline gpap

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 417
Nikola Mirotic traded to Milwaukee for recently acquired Stanley Johnson, Jason Smith and 4 second round picks

PELICANS
Acquired: Jason Smith, Stanley Johnson, four future second-round picks

BUCKS
Acquired: Nikola Mirotic

https://www.cbssports.com/nba/news/nba-trade-tracker-2018-19-raptors-add-marc-gasol-for-playoff-run-pelicans-deal-nikola-mirotic-to-bucks/

« Reply #162 on: February 07, 2019, 02:17:52 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 2953
  • On To Banner 18!

I remain hopeful

What's your offer for him?
"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #163 on: February 07, 2019, 02:19:36 PM »

Offline Fierce1

• NGT
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 121

I remain hopeful

I also want Vucevic to the Celts.

Giving up Rozier, Baynes, and Yabusele will not hurt the chances of the Celts getting AD.
The question is what kind of pick will the Magic be asking for?

« Reply #164 on: February 07, 2019, 02:19:45 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
I so wanted to see Rozier traded today. Think is the cause of all problems in the locker room and on the court. He is selfish, a liability on defense and a walking minus player.

Yes, I'm totally over Rozier. Rather bench him and play Wanamaker.

Don't think that the Pelicans put huge value in Rozier either, so I really would've liked to see him go elsewhere.
Well, we can always send him to Maine.