Author Topic: Danilo Gallinari apossibilty in Free Agency too  (Read 3461 times)

Re: Danilo Gallinari apossibilty in Free Agency too
« Reply #15 on: April 27, 2017, 10:48:02 PM »

Offline rondohondo

• NCE
  • Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1196
I'm not as savvy with the CBA as I used to be, but I have a question:

Can we go out and sign a free agent a la Hayward, Griffin, Millsap, even Gallo... then go and trade to go over the cap for someone like PG13? I would think we can, but I know we can't go over the cap once we use that cap space for additional FA signings, but does that prohibit going over via trade during the same offseason?

If so, I'd watch for the C's to stay quiet on draft night (make their pick wherever it is), then make the move in FA for another all-star when the moratorium ends, THEN make the aggressive move for another star.

Thomas
Bradley
George
Griffin
Horford

I wouldn't trade Smart and/or Crowder because I want to, but to get something you have to give something. That starting lineup would be a very talented, athletic team to deal with.

I have confidence Rozier can be our backup PG and Brown can handle the wing duties. Add Zizic (or do we have to renounce for next season?) for some toughness inside. Fill out the roster with vet min guys like Green.

Yes , this is what Cleveland did a few years ago

Used cap space for Lebron
Drafted Wiggins, but didn't sign him
Trade Wiggins rights and salary for Love

« Reply #16 on: May 01, 2017, 11:39:32 AM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
I was all about trading Bradley/Rozier in trying to make room for a max free agent.

But with Bradley playing so well and Rozier looking good recently, maybe it would be better to sit tight and add Gallo for $20-$22 mil? 

Problem is, the team would be in salary cap hell once IT, Bradley, and Smart all get extended.

« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2017, 11:49:34 AM »

Offline kozlodoev

• NCE
  • Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 1294
Still think Danny is in the all or nothing camp. Danilo is a decent player, but hardly worth the cap space he will take up.
Even more decidedly so on a team that has Bradley, Smart, Crowder, and Brown. We don't need him (or another wing player, for that matter). We need someone who can get a rebound.
"I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve."

« Reply #18 on: May 01, 2017, 11:51:23 AM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2666
  • bammokja
« Last Edit: May 01, 2017, 11:57:31 AM by hwangjini_1 »
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #19 on: May 01, 2017, 05:50:45 PM »

Offline jay

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 50
Still think Danny is in the all or nothing camp. Danilo is a decent player, but hardly worth the cap space he will take up.
Even more decidedly so on a team that has Bradley, Smart, Crowder, and Brown. We don't need him (or another wing player, for that matter). We need someone who can get a rebound.

What about trading Rozier/Zeller/future first for Derrick Favors?  He might be too expensive for a contract extension since he is coming off the bench now and probably would in Boston. Would help in the rebounding/shot blocking dept.