Author Topic: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)  (Read 21308 times)

Re: Carsen Edwards (merged threads)
« Reply #60 on: July 10, 2019, 05:52:09 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
Will Edwards contract look similar to Grant Williams (or a tad less)??

No. Williams is getting a forst round pick contract, while Edwards will likely get a shorter deal with less guaranteed, and a salary close to (or at) the league minimum
High second round picks frequently get more than the minimum. I'm interested to see how it will be structured.

Re: Celtics, Carsen Edwards, negotiating contract
« Reply #61 on: July 10, 2019, 06:24:30 AM »

Offline mctyson

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 372
He seems to grasp the moment , no fear of contact , no hesitation.  All good mental assets .

I wish he had a little more of Larkins point skills ,  but the guy has IT4 scoring attitude .

Maybe he can become a better facilitator

Edwards was not a Point Guard at Purdue...Everyone not connected to Purdue continued to refer to him as a PG.  Painter let him “act” as a PG his last year knowing that would be his role in NBA.  This kid is an incredibly quick study.  Give him time....His job at Purdue was to shoot, shoot, and shoot.  He will learn to distribute quickly enough.

That will be his job as a pro, as well.

It's Carsen Edwards!
« Reply #62 on: July 13, 2019, 12:55:38 PM »

Offline RodyTur10

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 291
  • Always offline from 9pm till 3am
Can we start this as a merged topic for everything about what Carsen Edwards does?

In this way everyone gets used to the spelling of the name Carsen, and the title is enthusiastic  :)

Re: It's Carsen Edwards!
« Reply #63 on: July 13, 2019, 01:10:22 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The NBA world will soon know who he is. He is Carsen Edwards.

Re: It's Carsen Edwards!
« Reply #64 on: July 13, 2019, 03:02:59 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
Can we start this as a merged topic for everything about what Carsen Edwards does?

In this way everyone gets used to the spelling of the name Carsen, and the title is enthusiastic  :)
We already had one. If you had just looked for it I wouldn't have had to merge this into that thread.

Good lesson here folks! Please, check before starting a thread. A thread on the subject you want to talk about may already exist.

« Reply #65 on: July 14, 2019, 06:04:33 AM »

Offline OmarSekou

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 93
Have only seen highlights, but this dude is strong. Looks like a football player. Has a young Jameer Nelson vibe to his game.
"Suit up every day."

« Reply #66 on: July 14, 2019, 07:20:31 AM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3765
  • Yup
He seems to grasp the moment , no fear of contact , no hesitation.  All good mental assets .

I wish he had a little more of Larkins point skills ,  but the guy has IT4 scoring attitude .

Edwards was not a Point Guard at Purdue...Everyone not connected to Purdue continued to refer to him as a PG.  Painter let him “act” as a PG his last year knowing that would be his role in NBA.  This kid is an incredibly quick study.  Give him time....His job at Purdue was to shoot, shoot, and shoot.  He will learn to distribute quickly enough.

That’s kind of everyone’s job in today’s NBA.  There aren’t a whole
lot of pure “pass first” PGs anymore.
Yup

« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2019, 08:43:54 AM »

Offline dreamgreen

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 182
Once he learns to give NBA players a little room so they don't blow by him he will be able to contribute. The kid can score at an elite level he was a lot of fun to watch!! I'm excited to see him in preseason.

« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2019, 08:47:28 AM »

Offline Somebody

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 560
  • STAND FIRM, SAY NO TO VIBE MEN

A bit of passing ability would be great though.
Jaylen Brown for All-NBA

« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2019, 08:50:29 AM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

A bit of passing ability would be great though.
He has that.  I saw a couple of really nice reads by Carsen.

« Reply #70 on: July 20, 2019, 02:04:39 PM »

Offline rondofan1255

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 527
https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/27215536/after-strong-summer-league-play-celtics-edwards-signs-adidas

After strong summer-league play, Celtics' Edwards signs with Adidas

After his strong summer-league performance helped earn him a four-year contract with the Boston Celtics, rookie point guard Carsen Edwards has landed a multiyear footwear-and-apparel endorsement deal with Adidas.

The Celtics selected the former Big Ten scoring leader, who averaged 24.3 points during his final season at Purdue, with the 33rd pick after a draft-day trade with the Philadelphia 76ers. Edwards smoothly transitioned into the league's summer session, where he averaged 19.4 PPG on 48% shooting from the field and nearly 47% from beyond the 3-point line.

For the Houston-area native, growing up idolizing one of the brand's Hall of Fame icons impacted his decision and helped spark his childhood love for Adidas.

"I was a big fan of Tracy McGrady's," Edwards said. "Whatever shoe he was wearing, I was trying to wear. As a young dude, he just scored all of the points for the Rockets, so that was cool. He just did it all."

Edwards remembers lacing up the Adidas TMac 5 as a youngster, just as he was "really starting to take basketball more serious." He's channeled McGrady's attacking mindset ever since.

Soon launching his 10th signature shoe with the brand, Derrick Rose also has helped inspire Edwards along the way.

"I always looked up to the way he played and how explosive he is," Edwards said of Rose. "Just the way he's been fighting to get back to where he is now, that's something that I really think is dope and have liked to watch."

During a recent brand photo shoot near The Adidas Village offices in Portland, Oregon, the company introduced Edwards to McGrady for the first time.

"Being able to meet Tracy McGrady is absolutely insane to me," he said. "Them actually wanting my opinion on new things that they're looking to drop, asking me would I wear it or what I would change, that's been really cool."

Scoring has come to define the 6-foot guard's game. Edwards averaged 34.8 points per game during March Madness, and his first 42-point game came during a blowout win over defending champion Villanova. He poured in another 42 points during his defining performance in the Elite 8, as the Boilermakers fell just short of topping eventual champion Virginia.

While players throughout the league have taken to scribbling a series of phrases along their shoes in recent years, Edwards has his own pregame writing ritual. After wrapping athletic tape three times around his left wrist, he'll write a series of quick expressions in all caps for motivation:

"HELP MAMA OUT. THANK GOD. HAVE FUN. KILL EVERYTHING"

Since wearing more subtle black or wheat-colored shoes in college to match Purdue's subdued hues, Edwards was spotted in navy-and-red Adidas sneakers during summer league. Later this fall, he plans to revert to more simple shoes matching the Celtics' more classic jerseys, even though the NBA now allows players to wear sneakers of any color.

"I'll probably be low-key with it," he said. "I can just picture my parents if I'm wearing some crazy colors -- 'You're not producing enough to be wearing crazy colors. Why don't you go do something first?' I'll keep it calm at first, and if I start doing some stuff, I might branch out."

« Reply #71 on: July 22, 2019, 03:25:23 PM »

Offline IDreamCeltics

• NCE
  • Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 140
Any news on what our second-round pick/future all-star is doing?

« Reply #72 on: July 22, 2019, 03:32:09 PM »

Offline hwangjini_1

• Kevin Garnett
  • Tommy Points: 2661
  • bammokja
which one?  ;D
I believe Gandhi is the only person who knew about real democracy — not democracy as the right to go and buy what you want, but democracy as the responsibility to be accountable to everyone around you. Democracy begins with freedom from hunger, freedom from unemployment, freedom from fear, and freedom from hatred.
- Vandana Shiva

« Reply #73 on: July 22, 2019, 03:53:27 PM »

Offline Tr1boy

• Paul Pierce
  • Tommy Points: 867

Vacation is my guess

« Reply #74 on: July 22, 2019, 05:25:57 PM »

Offline Surferdad

• Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 972
  • "He fiddles...and diddles..."

Vacation is my guess
I hope that was a joke.