Author Topic: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015  (Read 487261 times)

Re: NBA Playoffs Season 2014-2015
« Reply #4170 on: June 17, 2015, 02:04:32 AM »

Offline MJohnnyboy

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 269
I don't want to start a thread but I haven't seen anyone ask this, what if Wade opts out and goes to the Cavs? I know you guys will ask how they will pay everyone but it's not a stretch for Wade to take a minimum for a season and get big money next season. I would spit in the eye of the NBA but what if?

so he has been ****ing about a max contract not given to him, but is going to sign a vet min deal to be a 3rd or 4th option on the lebron's  ?

The chance at winning a chip will make people do crazy things. Like I said, he could be taking pennies for a year and a fat check the next 4.

If Wade does this, then Ray Allen must have rubbed off on him.

« Reply #4171 on: June 17, 2015, 02:12:47 AM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
yup, superstars win championships.  Congrats to Steph.  I've liked him for a long time.  Would have looked good in green.

« Reply #4172 on: June 17, 2015, 02:15:09 AM »

Offline Adelaide Celt

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 206
Pretty good series to watch. Cavs kept it more competitive than most thought but the Warriors always looked a good chance to run away with it. I'm also happy for Iguodala, we were born on the same day, which makes us kindred spirits of course haha!  ;)

Little sad that Bogut didn't get on the court in games 5 and 6 but it was absolutely the right move. Didn't seem to effect his enjoyment during the celebrations. Still joins Luc Longley as the 2nd Aussie to start on a championship team.

Congrats Dubs, thoroughly deserved.
NO AMOUNT OF PSYCHOLOGICAL MANIPULATION, HORMONAL OR SURGICAL MUTILATION WILL EVER CHANGE A PERSON'S GENDER

« Reply #4173 on: June 17, 2015, 02:17:44 AM »

Offline cltc5

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 445
You want to know why LeBron is being hated?

The Warriors just won the championship after 40 years, while having an all time historical season, and all ESPN is talking about is LeBron and how he didn't have help or how close he was in pulling of the near impossible.

Seriously, ESPN is a bandwagoning LeBron lover.

Exactly.  They do this with every team/player the love.  Freakin heard all about tebow, then all about Alabama and the sec, then all about lebron.  As journalist it should be their job to be unbiased.  I guarantee first take tommorow those two clowns will talk about how great lebron is.  He's won two stinking titles out of 6 opportunities...he ain't that great.

« Reply #4174 on: June 17, 2015, 02:20:55 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell
  • Tommy Points: 1239
ESPN does journalism?
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4175 on: June 17, 2015, 03:52:07 AM »

Offline krumeto

• Al Horford
  • Tommy Points: 72
I saw media writes GSW had an easy pass to the title. How about the easy pass to the Finals Lebron has had for years?!

I wish next season would be any different, but I just do not see any force in the East to stop a healthy Cleveland.

Atlanta and Chicago will mostly be the same teams or worse. Washington might be better, but would need to make some off-season splash to contend. Indiana with Paul George? No way!

Well, that leaves us and it feels like the Night's watch trying to stop the Others army. Bring it on!

"We do so many defensive drills in practice, I come home and I'm putting the press on my woman, denying her the ball.
Y'all are laughing, but it's sad. I go home and deny the wing."

« Reply #4176 on: June 17, 2015, 04:23:28 AM »

Offline RockinRyA

• Rajon Rondo
  • Tommy Points: 699
yup, superstars win championships.  Congrats to Steph.  I've liked him for a long time.  Would have looked good in green.

Wonder what wouldve happened if the Curry for Rondo trade pushed through. Was hesitant for it before, because Rondo was phenomenal and Curry was oft injured even though I like his game. Fast forward a few years later, Rondo isnt a player he used to be before his injury, Curry is healthy and playing well.

« Reply #4177 on: June 17, 2015, 07:20:53 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

Wonder what wouldve happened if the Curry for Rondo trade pushed through. Was hesitant for it before, because Rondo was phenomenal and Curry was oft injured even though I like his game. Fast forward a few years later, Rondo isnt a player he used to be before his injury, Curry is healthy and playing well.

Nobodies crystal ball was that clear back when Rondo was THE MAN and Curry was forever hobbled

« Reply #4178 on: June 17, 2015, 09:27:20 AM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Nobodies crystal ball was that clear back when Rondo was THE MAN and Curry was forever hobbled

That's not true, actually. I know a few of us were in favor of a Rondo-for-Curry swap.
At least a goldfish with a Lincoln Log on its back goin' across your floor to your sock drawer has a miraculous connotation to it.

« Reply #4179 on: June 17, 2015, 11:12:08 AM »

Offline mr. dee

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 601

Yeah. As if he is the only factor winning the 'ship  ::)

« Reply #4180 on: June 17, 2015, 11:14:03 AM »

Offline Celtics4ever

• NCE
  • Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 1323
Seriously, ESPN is a bandwagoning LeBron lover.

Yes, for certain.

So is the league they made sure it was not as bad as a blowout in the first half with numerous FTAs.

« Reply #4181 on: June 17, 2015, 11:21:34 AM »

Offline SHAQATTACK

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2969

That's not true, actually. I know a few of us were in favor of a Rondo-for-Curry swap.

Maybe I should have said anybody that counts .......not us arm chair GMs ......the bad ankles were a serious issue , from Ray Allen letdowns.   Trading a heathy Rondo for a kid with bad ankles would have been highly unpopular at the time.

« Reply #4182 on: June 17, 2015, 11:32:40 AM »

Online Donoghus

• Global Moderator
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 1619
  • What a Pub Should Be
I know I was certainly super concerned about Curry's long-term health back then.

2010 CB Historical Draft - Best Overall Team

« Reply #4183 on: June 17, 2015, 02:58:40 PM »

Offline D.o.s.

• NCE
  • Cedric Maxwell

Maybe I should have said anybody that counts .......not us arm chair GMs ......the bad ankles were a serious issue , from Ray Allen letdowns.   Trading a heathy Rondo for a kid with bad ankles would have been highly unpopular at the time.

Actually the argument was that the Warriors would never go for it. And that's based on conversations with people who count (counted?), not the opining of the internet -- which I love dearly.