Author Topic: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread (locked)  (Read 141597 times)

Re: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread (18 spots left)
« Reply #60 on: January 19, 2012, 04:47:32 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley
i might be interested in doing it.  is it as time consuming as the regular draft? do you have to do a ton of writing, press conferences, and stuff like that, or can u just draft your team and interact/debate with others?

im interested but dont have a ton of time that people put into it with all the writing and stuff.

This one is definitely the kinder, gentler, less competitive draft.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #61 on: January 19, 2012, 04:50:26 PM »

Offline slamtheking

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 10047
i might be interested in doing it.  is it as time consuming as the regular draft? do you have to do a ton of writing, press conferences, and stuff like that, or can u just draft your team and interact/debate with others?

im interested but dont have a ton of time that people put into it with all the writing and stuff.

In the past it's just been the draft and banter throughout, no formal playoff, judging, or press conferences.
True, but it also depends on how much time you put into analyzing who's been picked so far, who's the best available player left, etc... 
I tend to go a bit off the deep end with that.

« Reply #62 on: January 19, 2012, 04:52:27 PM »

Offline StartOrien

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1200

In the past it's just been the draft and banter throughout, no formal playoff, judging, or press conferences.
True, but it also depends on how much time you put into analyzing who's been picked so far, who's the best available player left, etc... 

Truth. But I think if you put an hour or so into a good spreadsheet w/ some tiers - and call me a nerd, but I find that kinda fun - the actual draft process becomes fairly easy going.

« Reply #63 on: January 19, 2012, 04:55:26 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club

Truth. But I think if you put an hour or so into a good spreadsheet w/ some tiers - and call me a nerd, but I find that kinda fun - the actual draft process becomes fairly easy going.
Amen to that.

I have sold my spreadsheets in the past for a TP or 2. makes life very easy. At the end of the day, fill in who got drafted where, move players around from trades, knock off who was drafted and the draft becomes a lot simpler and less time consuming.

Re: 'Pick Two' Draft 2012 Interest Thread
« Reply #64 on: January 19, 2012, 05:23:23 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup
Or...for this year make it a Pick One draft

Actually, I like the 'pick two' aspect. I can't think of one team without at least one easy choice, but a lot of teams have a tougher choice at number 2. Adds another layer.

The Knicks are gonna be a tough one. I bet someone keeps STAT or Melo, and Chandler, instead of Stat & Melo

How about pick 2, but one can't be the top scorer on the team?

That'd be pretty interesting, on a lot of teams the top player isn't the top scorer anyways.

How about Pick 2 and on of the players first names has to start with a vowel?

Pick Two: Only Scorpios.
pick 2 nostrils?
Yup

« Reply #65 on: January 19, 2012, 05:41:50 PM »

Offline RebusRankin

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 923
I'm in.

« Reply #66 on: January 19, 2012, 07:44:07 PM »

Offline mgent

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 1962

You know, the repressed boy scout in me always says to listen to you guys and do the spreadsheet thing, but i gotta say there's nothing more fun than building your team 5 minutes at a time by constantly getting to a computer right before your pick is due, scrambling to find who was picked/who's the BPA, and still ending up with a self-satisfying team in the end.

Also an exciting way to find out how well you know all the players.
Philly:

Anderson Varejao    Tiago Splitter    Matt Bonner
David West    Kenyon Martin    Brad Miller
Andre Iguodala    Josh Childress    Marquis Daniels
Dwyane Wade    Leandro Barbosa
Kirk Hinrich    Toney Douglas   + the legendary Kevin McHale

« Reply #67 on: January 19, 2012, 07:46:25 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith

You know, the repressed boy scout in me always says to listen to you guys and do the spreadsheet thing, but i gotta say there's nothing more fun than building your team 5 minutes at a time by constantly getting to a computer right before your pick is due, scrambling to find who was picked/who's the BPA, and still ending up with a self-satisfying team in the end.

And given the championship this year in the CB Draft.....a winning formula.

« Reply #68 on: January 19, 2012, 07:53:07 PM »

Online Roy H.

• Forums Manager
  • James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: -25629
  • Bo Knows: Joe Don't Know Diddley

Yeah, same here.  I've never used a spreadsheet, either.  I figure I'd be constantly tinkering it, anyway.

I'M THE SILVERBACK GORILLA IN THIS MOTHER——— AND DON'T NONE OF YA'LL EVER FORGET IT!@ 34 minutes

« Reply #69 on: January 19, 2012, 07:56:04 PM »

Offline KCattheStripe

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 830
WHO WANTS TO BET ON THE ROUND I TORPEDO MY TEAM?

« Reply #70 on: January 19, 2012, 07:58:47 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
I won't be doing nearly as much in this draft as I have in past drafts and I know Roy will be busy as well so if we could just end up with OKC or Miami and a top 5 pick, that would be okay with us.

« Reply #71 on: January 19, 2012, 08:00:00 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
Sorry Roy. I probably just doomed us to Washington or NJ with a pick deep in the 20's.

« Reply #72 on: January 19, 2012, 08:12:25 PM »

Offline celticpride07

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 222
 i want in on this something different than the regular draft.
Pick 2 Heat: 
Pg: Jennings/Vasquez
Sg: Wade/R. Allen/Rivers
SF: Lebron/M. Williams
PF: Bosh/Humphries
C: B. Lopez/Dalembert/Anthony

« Reply #73 on: January 19, 2012, 09:05:04 PM »

Offline GreenFaith1819

• NCE
  • Reggie Lewis
  • Tommy Points: 2785
I'll try it.

« Reply #74 on: January 19, 2012, 09:24:46 PM »

Offline Bahku

• CB HOF Editor
  • Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 3632
  • Oe ma krr pamtseotu
Fer sher ... something relatively positive. Besides, I'll be "officially" retired after tomorrow and should have the time, (not always crazy about the word "should").

Big congrats to Roy ... always great news, and my best wishes for a happy and healthy birth!
2010 PAPOUG, 2012 & 2017 PAPTYG CHAMP, HD BOT

* BAHKU MUSIC *