Author Topic: Who is the 2010-2011 Rookie of the Year?  (Read 3312 times)

Who is the 2010-2011 Rookie of the Year?
« on: July 15, 2010, 09:03:19 PM »

Offline doglover

• Jaden Springer
  • Tommy Points: 0
Even though this was a heavy PF/C Draft Class, Im not considering any bigs in this year's draft to win the ROY. I dont think any of them are NBA ready, physically nor mentally, to start banging with the big boys.

So its obvious a swing man or a point guard will win this award.

John Wall
Evan Turner

these guys are the favorite but a lot hinges on the peices on their team. Gilbert Arenas and Andre Iguodala. these situations will say a lot about how Wall and Turner will fare for their teams in terms of production and growth.

My sleeper pick

Xavier Henry

This also hinges on the Rudy Gay situation. So there will be a lot of sleeper candidates for the ROY.

Who is your pick?
I love Michael Jordan,i work in cheap jordan air shoes online store, looking for friends who like  Michael Jordan!message to me!

Re: Who is the 2010-2011 Rookie of the Year?
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2010, 09:08:47 PM »

Offline misha

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 1488
  • Open your eyes
Even though this was a heavy PF/C Draft Class, Im not considering any bigs in this year's draft to win the ROY. I dont think any of them are NBA ready, physically nor mentally, to start banging with the big boys.
I think DeMarcus Cousins is ready, at least offensively. I like what I'm seeing from him so far. Tyreke Evans and Cousins is a great base for Kings to built on in the years to come.
The Immortals:

Iker Casillas, Giacinto Facchetti, Alessandro Nesta, Matthias Sammer, Javier Zanetti, Lothar Matthäus (c), Xavi, Zico, Maradona, Roberto Baggio, Ferenc Puskas, Karl Heinz Rummenigge

Coach:Rinus Michels

« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2010, 09:27:51 PM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Blake Griffin

« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2010, 09:32:39 PM »

Offline Change

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 544
John Wall will have a more prominent role in his team. He is the front-runner. But look out for DeMarcus Cousins. Dude has enough talent to be a double/double machine in the NBA as a rookie.

« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2010, 09:35:30 PM »

Offline BostonArizona

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Blake Griffin

« Reply #5 on: July 15, 2010, 09:38:10 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Blake Griffin

The last  time I thought a rookie that was out for his rookie season was going to get rookie of the year was Greg Oden and as we all know he was not ROY the next season so I'm going to have to go with John Wall.  Glad to see that you changed your sig B o s t o n A r i z o n a TP.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #6 on: July 15, 2010, 09:41:18 PM »

Offline Mencius

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 103
Wall.  Cousins is a beast too, but I'll go with Wall.  On talent and potential alone, Cousins probably should have been selected second.  Sacramento's good fortune.  Griffin will probably do really well too, but Wall will have the ball in his hands a lot more, and I suspect that Washington is going to be a lot better than many will predict.  McGee is ready for a breakout season too.

« Reply #7 on: July 15, 2010, 09:42:01 PM »

Offline BostonArizona

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 53
Blake Griffin

The last  time I thought a rookie that was out for his rookie season was going to get rookie of the year was Greg Oden and as we all know he was not ROY the next season so I'm going to have to go with John Wall.  Glad to see that you changed your sig B o s t o n A r i z o n a TP.

I hear ya. I'm hesitant to say griffin too. I'm just hopeful he doesn't catch Oden Syndrome.

« Reply #8 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:04 PM »

Offline Mike-Dub

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 28
Blake Griffin

I hear ya. I'm hesitant to say griffin too. I'm just hopeful he doesn't catch Oden Syndrome.

Same I think he can be a stud if healthy of course.
"It's all about having the heart of a champion." - #34 Paul Pierce

« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2010, 09:45:27 PM »

Offline nickagneta

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 8794
  • President of Jaylen Brown Fan Club
I too say Griffen. If he's as good as he was in college, and I actually expect him to be much better, then he's easily the rookie with the most talent.

« Reply #10 on: July 16, 2010, 05:05:23 AM »

Offline Who

• James Naismith
  • Tommy Points: 2402
Hmm ... reminds me of Steve Francis vs Elton Brand

I'm going to go with Blake Griffin. I think his game will be more efficient/effective + I think the Clippers will win more games than Washington. Wall's highlight package will be pretty impressive though.