Author Topic: Rondo had some harsh words for Maxwell...  (Read 12245 times)

Re: Rondo had some harsh words for Maxwell...
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 06:49:03 PM »

Offline LarBrd33

• Robert Parish
  • Tommy Points: 2016
The kid tied his career high in assists last night with 17.  That's ridiculous.  If we didn't have Marbury's 8 point sideshow, all we'd be talking about right now was how incredible Rondo has played lately.  Every month his assists have gone up

October =  6.0
November = 7.1
December = 8.3
January = 9.3
February = 10.1

He just finished the month averaging over 10 assists.  Phenomenal.  He's averaging 8.5 for the season (4th in the league behind the two phenoms CP/Deron and Steve Nash)...  Meanwhile he's widely regarded as being one of the best (if not THE best) defender in the league at his position.   He's basically doing everything you could possibly want a point guard to do for a team in this league and he's only getting better.   

Trust me... it took me a long time to admit Rondo wasn't just another overhyped homer binky like Orien Greene, Jiri Welsch, Marcus Banks, etc...   but at this point the guy is has become one of the best young pure point guards in the league and having Marbury as his backup will only help his development.  He shouldn't feel threatened by Marbury's arrival at all... other than CP/Deron and maybe Rose... I don't think there is more highly coveted young point guard in the entire league.

You know statistically speaking... regardless of whether you're using nba.com's efficiency listing http://www.nba.com/statistics/player/Efficiency.jsp or John Hollinger's "PER"... Rondo is 2nd only to Kevin Garnett this year on this team.  He's having a better season statistically than either Paul Pierce or Ray Allen.   It's true... check it out.   He's also playing arguably the most important position on the floor and is just as key to our team's defensive success as KG.  That's one of the big reasons we needed to sign Marbury... because this team might survive with KG missing some games... or Pierce missing some games...  but if Rondo's out we might just be doomed.  We needed a better backup than Europe-bound Gabe Pruitt.
« Last Edit: February 28, 2009, 07:00:03 PM by LarBrd33 »

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 06:59:34 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123
I love Rondo. But I've heard stories about him being a cocky ****. I know for sure if Rondo wasn't a Celtic, I'll hate him with a passion. He aggravates me sometimes when he gets into it with his teammates on the court.

But since he's helping us win, Go RONDO!

Not to compare the players but I heard the same thing about Bird.

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 07:23:09 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441
Check out the Rondo article in the recent Sports Illustrated.  The whole thing is about Rondo being stubborn and difficult. 

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2009, 07:28:47 PM »

Offline BigAlTheFuture

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 458
Check out the Rondo article in the recent Sports Illustrated.  The whole thing is about Rondo being stubborn and difficult. 

You have a link?
PHX Suns: Russell Westbrook, Chris Bosh, Tristan Thompson, Trevor Ariza, Tony Allen, Trey Lyles, Corey Brewer, Larry Nance Jr., Trey Burke, Troy Daniels, Joffrey Lauvergne, Justin Holiday, Mike Muscala, 14.6

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 07:39:01 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327

You have a link?
Here it is.

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009, 07:45:45 PM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I love Rondo. But I've heard stories about him being a cocky ****. I know for sure if Rondo wasn't a Celtic, I'll hate him with a passion. He aggravates me sometimes when he gets into it with his teammates on the court.

But since he's helping us win, Go RONDO!

Not to compare the players but I heard the same thing about Bird.
I've heard similar stories about Pierce. Does it really surprise people that multi-million dollar athletes are cocky? Surely you remember high school athletes who were cocky, imagine those who made it all the way to the top.