Author Topic: Should we consider starting Marbury?  (Read 13844 times)

Re: Should we consider starting Marbury?
« Reply #60 on: February 28, 2009, 11:34:06 PM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30
No offense, that's rediculous, no matter how you slice it, and Marbury makes a perfect Bobby Jackson, Rondo is NOT a 6th man and his confidence is still shaky. Marbury has Tmacitis, yucky.
One more poster who didn't bother to read the op.

There was no reason to til (joke) was inserted.

that's not true...given all the frivolity of the posts that were current, it might have been a good thing to check out the OP first.

However, I completely agree with your assessment. I was actually thinking about this as I lay in bed last night (no joke)...The bulk of Rondo's job on offense consists of running around, trying to get the big 3 involved. His goal isn't to get points as much as it is to get a good shot for someone. Marbury wouldn't fit our starting offense nearly as well, even long after he's comfortable with our sets. Seriously, Big Baby's "dream team" of Marbury, RA, PP, KG, and Perk might work in overwhelming the opponent with scoring options, but it could very well overwhelm us as well. Who's going to take the shot? Having that many scorers at the same time means a lot more isos and under-utilization of our stars. Someone's going to be standing around a lot on each play.

« Reply #61 on: February 28, 2009, 11:35:39 PM »

Offline illantari

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 112
I wouldn't start Marbury because I think he's going to make our second unit into a powerhouse. That and he can make his shot which is a rare thing to see with the second unit. If I remember correctly in the finals Doc sat Rondo for big chunks and played House (we were commonly going small ball also) I think in the playoffs it will really depend on who's on fire and who's not.
And another poster who didn't read the op. I think I'm gonna fix this thread's title so that people don't get the wrong message.
>:( I was being serious on the issue, if it's a joke and everyone is going to laugh at me i'll take my business elsewhere for the time being.
It's not that we're laughing at what you're saying (or laughing at you in particuar at all), people are just finding it amusing that so many posters think the "Should we consider starting Marbury?" question is a serious one because they didn't bother to read the original post.

Well put.

On a tangential note, I'm finding myself frustrated that when I roll my cursor over the emoticon that Blob used above ( >:(), the title graphic that comes up says "Angry" rather than the more accurate "Perk."

-sw

I propose we change the labellings of all the little emoticons.
 >:( -Perk
 ;D -JR Giddens (with his m@d towel waving skillz)
 :D -BBD
 8) -RayRay
 ??? -Doc... j/k.  Doc should be this one:  ::)
 :'( -Will Solomon

« Reply #62 on: February 28, 2009, 11:37:11 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I wouldn't start Marbury because I think he's going to make our second unit into a powerhouse. That and he can make his shot which is a rare thing to see with the second unit. If I remember correctly in the finals Doc sat Rondo for big chunks and played House (we were commonly going small ball also) I think in the playoffs it will really depend on who's on fire and who's not.
And another poster who didn't read the op. I think I'm gonna fix this thread's title so that people don't get the wrong message.
>:( I was being serious on the issue, if it's a joke and everyone is going to laugh at me i'll take my business elsewhere for the time being.
It's not that we're laughing at what you're saying (or laughing at you in particuar at all), people are just finding it amusing that so many posters think the "Should we consider starting Marbury?" question is a serious one because they didn't bother to read the original post.
Ahhh nah my bad Toine i'm sorry, i'm  having one of those weeks, my feathers are all riled up the last few days. (Ever since that clippers game.....)
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #63 on: February 28, 2009, 11:38:10 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Ahhh nah my bad Toine i'm sorry, i'm  having one of those weeks, my feathers are all riled up the last few days. (Ever since that clippers game.....)

Hard to blame you for that, Blob.

What a putrid evening that was.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #64 on: February 28, 2009, 11:43:40 PM »

Offline Redz

• Punner
  • Global Moderator
  • Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 3766
  • Yup

I believe make a device for de-riling feathers now Blob
Yup

« Reply #65 on: February 28, 2009, 11:50:03 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"

Well put.

On a tangential note, I'm finding myself frustrated that when I roll my cursor over the emoticon that Blob used above ( >:(), the title graphic that comes up says "Angry" rather than the more accurate "Perk."

-sw

8) -RayRay
:-X Leon (doesn't say much)
 ??? Scal (doesn't know where he is after getting hit in the head)
 :'( Paul Pierce (ring ceremony)
:P Michael Jordan

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #66 on: February 28, 2009, 11:52:12 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego

Well put.

-sw

8) -RayRay
:-X Leon (doesn't say much)
 ??? Scal (doesn't know where he is after getting hit in the head)
 :'( Paul Pierce (ring ceremony)
:P Michael Jordan

Great stuff, T43 and illa (who seems to be specializing in comic relief in multiple threads this evening), The Large Baby and MJ ones in particular.  Well played, folks.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.