Author Topic: Should we consider starting Marbury?  (Read 13841 times)

Re: Should we consider starting Marbury?
« Reply #45 on: February 28, 2009, 09:41:02 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 219
  • "Spare change?"
Toine,

your points are valid and well thought out.  my only regret is that this all didn't go down BEFORE the trade deadline so that the C's could have explored Rondo for a draft pick.

**** are you guys smoking?  You want to start Marbury and trade Rondo away for a draft pick?  Insanity!  Rondo is the future of this franchise at the PG spot.  Marbury is a vet backup/sparkplug scoring guard.  He doesn't even know the offense yet.  He can't play at the level of Rondo or bring what Rondo brings to the table - great speed + great defense + spreads the ball incredibly well.  Rondo has become a triple double machine lately.  Marbury hasn't played for nearly a whole season!  Umm reality check please!
it was sarcasm. don't worry, we're in touch with reality.

Eddie House - for THREEEEEEE!

« Reply #46 on: February 28, 2009, 09:51:34 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 33
  • My alter ego
Toine,

your points are valid and well thought out.  my only regret is that this all didn't go down BEFORE the trade deadline so that the C's could have explored Rondo for a draft pick.

**** are you guys smoking?  You want to start Marbury and trade Rondo away for a draft pick?  Insanity!  Rondo is the future of this franchise at the PG spot.  Marbury is a vet backup/sparkplug scoring guard.  He doesn't even know the offense yet.  He can't play at the level of Rondo or bring what Rondo brings to the table - great speed + great defense + spreads the ball incredibly well.  Rondo has become a triple double machine lately.  Marbury hasn't played for nearly a whole season!  Umm reality check please!

That he hasn't played in a year is great!  Means he's well-rested, while Rondo has to be tired from this team's 108-game season last year and from pushing the offense this season.  Fresh legs!  The triple-double machine that is Rondo has a total of two to his name for his career.

I think T43's idea expressed in the OP makes a lot more sense than you're giving it credit for.

-sw

Reggies Ghost: Where artistic genius happens.  Thank you, sir.

« Reply #47 on: February 28, 2009, 09:52:53 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
No offense, that's rediculous, no matter how you slice it, and Marbury makes a perfect Bobby Jackson, Rondo is NOT a 6th man and his confidence is still shaky. Marbury has Tmacitis, yucky.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #48 on: February 28, 2009, 09:57:50 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • "Spare change?"
No offense, that's rediculous, no matter how you slice it, and Marbury makes a perfect Bobby Jackson, Rondo is NOT a 6th man and his confidence is still shaky. Marbury has Tmacitis, yucky.
One more poster who didn't bother to read the op.

« Reply #49 on: February 28, 2009, 10:08:51 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
I wouldn't start Marbury because I think he's going to make our second unit into a powerhouse. That and he can make his shot which is a rare thing to see with the second unit. If I remember correctly in the finals Doc sat Rondo for big chunks and played House (we were commonly going small ball also) I think in the playoffs it will really depend on who's on fire and who's not.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #50 on: February 28, 2009, 10:16:45 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • "Spare change?"
I wouldn't start Marbury because I think he's going to make our second unit into a powerhouse. That and he can make his shot which is a rare thing to see with the second unit. If I remember correctly in the finals Doc sat Rondo for big chunks and played House (we were commonly going small ball also) I think in the playoffs it will really depend on who's on fire and who's not.
And another poster who didn't read the op. I think I'm gonna fix this thread's title so that people don't get the wrong message.

« Reply #51 on: February 28, 2009, 10:20:35 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
And another poster who didn't read the op. I think I'm gonna fix this thread's title so that people don't get the wrong message.

Booooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!  So much more fun the original way. 

I guess the bright side is that it will be all the more entertaining to see someone take it seriously.

-sw

« Reply #52 on: February 28, 2009, 10:26:19 PM »

Offline scurvmeister

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 30
absolutely! where do i sign up?  ;D

TP4U Toine, for your preemptive strike against irrationality. You make Celticsblog a better place for all of us. As long as this thread is alive, we have a chance at never seeing someone embarrass themselves with a real "Start Marbury" thread!

PS. Don't fix the title!

« Reply #53 on: February 28, 2009, 10:32:30 PM »

Offline Bozo

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 4
Obviously, this is not a serious question at the moment.  And I think the second unit needs a Marbury.   That said, it would not surprise me at all, if by the time playoffs arrive, Marbury emerges as the starting point for the 4th quarter.  We have never really had an upper echelon point guard work with the
Big 3, to compare to Rhondo.   It will be a real measure of how good Rhondo is, to see Marbury work with the same group.  

While the Big 3 (and opposing teams) may give Rhondo "encouraging" words, they may be giving Marbury respect.  And the players can sense that.

« Reply #54 on: February 28, 2009, 10:33:51 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego

TP4U Toine, for your preemptive strike against irrationality. You make Celticsblog a better place for all of us. As long as this thread is alive, we have a chance at never seeing someone embarrass themselves with a real "Start Marbury" thread!

PS. Don't fix the title!

And the "Don't fix the title!" militia mobilization continues... ;D

-sw

« Reply #55 on: February 28, 2009, 10:59:56 PM »

Offline Scalablob990

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 83
  • The REAL Pau Gasol
>:( I was being serious on the issue, if it's a joke and everyone is going to laugh at me i'll take my business elsewhere for the time being.
True Celtic = Leon Powe

Bring back the show!!!!

« Reply #56 on: February 28, 2009, 11:04:46 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • "Spare change?"

PS. Don't fix the title!

And the "Don't fix the title!" militia mobilization continues... ;D

-sw
Okay Okay. I'll switch the title back to the original.

« Reply #57 on: February 28, 2009, 11:07:40 PM »

Offline Toine43

• Bill Walton
  • "Spare change?"
>:( I was being serious on the issue, if it's a joke and everyone is going to laugh at me i'll take my business elsewhere for the time being.
It's not that we're laughing at what you're saying (or laughing at you in particuar at all), people are just finding it amusing that so many posters think the "Should we consider starting Marbury?" question is a serious one because they didn't bother to read the original post.

« Reply #58 on: February 28, 2009, 11:08:01 PM »

Offline davemonsterband

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 160
One more poster who didn't bother to read the op.

There was no reason to til (joke) was inserted.
"The Best Revenge Is Massive Success"
~Ole Blue Eyes~

« Reply #59 on: February 28, 2009, 11:20:11 PM »

Offline Steve Weinman

• Author / Moderator
  • Jim Loscutoff
  • My alter ego
It's not that we're laughing at what you're saying (or laughing at you in particuar at all), people are just finding it amusing that so many posters think the "Should we consider starting Marbury?" question is a serious one because they didn't bother to read the original post.

Well put.

On a tangential note, I'm finding myself frustrated that when I roll my cursor over the emoticon that Blob used above ( >:(), the title graphic that comes up says "Angry" rather than the more accurate "Perk."

-sw