Author Topic: Pruitt Arrested  (Read 35331 times)

Re: Pruitt Arrested
« Reply #45 on: February 26, 2009, 11:17:31 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
I seem to remember Paul Pierce being pulled over this summer.  And he's a lot older, a father and should know better also.

I also seem to remeber him passing the breathlyzer and the cops letting him go, not hauling him off to the drunk tank and towing his car.

But other than the fact that one was drunk and the other one got pulled over on a random stop and let go when it was determined he wasent driving under the influence on the way home from a restarunt with his fiancee, yea, exact same thing  ::)

as to your other examples, which i can't see any relevance in, let me let you in on a secret of NBA life:

teams will put up with bad behavoir from superstars like these you have listed, 2nd round picks struggling for rotation minutes, not so much.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #46 on: February 26, 2009, 11:17:51 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I agree with you guys. It was a stupid move. I just don't think it's stupid enough to change his status within the organization. And we don't know the whole story. Maybe he was supposed to have a DD, and Gabe didn't trust anyone else behind the wheel. You don't make the best decisions while drunk.

Orien Greene was let go because he wasn't very good. Telfair had a gun and was sober. This is completely different.

« Reply #47 on: February 26, 2009, 11:18:36 AM »

Offline bostonsportsfan

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
One of the biggest reasons why i was against marburry was because i wanted to watch gabe pruit grow into possibly a great player that atelast was my dream. I knew he was gonna lose minutes and i LIKED him. No more You dont do this to Pierce who probably came up with the idea of staying in LA and convinced doc and danny to let it happen. and with the ta injury this team needs a wing. I hope this guy rots in jail where he belongs get this bum off this team and go find ourselves a wing.

« Reply #48 on: February 26, 2009, 11:21:56 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
And has anyone been to LA? It's impossible to hail a cab there. This whole ordeal just sucks because he has a driver when he drinks in Boston.

Gabe's still a good kid. Tough to make decisions impaired.

im super happy he's a nice kid, but he's a 2nd round pick who's entire NBA future is tied to his image, it was incredibly moronic, and no, im not giving him a pass because he's 22.

As i said before, it saddens me how high the age is now on the "awwww, he's just a kid!!!" excuse has gotten in this country. your "kid" years appear to last until your about 28.

at 22, you should be slightly above "retard" for comprehension when it comes to planning your evening. He was hosting an event where he knew he'd be drinking. he works for a company that has a vast intrest in avoiding negitive press. He could have had a driver for that event from the celtics staff in about 5 minutes.
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #49 on: February 26, 2009, 11:22:33 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I agree with you guys. It was a stupid move. I just don't think it's stupid enough to change his status within the organization. And we don't know the whole story. Maybe he was supposed to have a DD, and Gabe didn't trust anyone else behind the wheel. You don't make the best decisions while drunk.

Orien Greene was let go because he wasn't very good. Telfair had a gun and was sober. This is completely different.

I think you are missing the point.  It doesn't matter what the situation was.  There is absolutely no excuse for him driving drunk.  None. 

The fact that you don't make good descisions while drunk is not an excuse, it is the reason for the law. 

Yes, people make mistakes, and they can be forgiven for it.  But its not because they had a good reason for it.  It is because they understand they made a terrible decision and learned from it, no excuses made.

« Reply #50 on: February 26, 2009, 11:29:14 AM »

Offline jdpapa3

• Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 85
I've made the same decision within the past year a few times and I will probably do it a few more times in the near future, but I'm not making 750k.

Just because something is the law doesn't make it right. Depends on your philosophy. I'd rather condemn the corrupt politicians and enterprises that are knowingly taking down our economy just so there are affordable wages.

Seems to me we have a bunch of uptight people on the CBlog, huh. Live a little ya'll. You only get one chance.

« Reply #51 on: February 26, 2009, 11:31:57 AM »

Offline twistedrico

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 22
This doesn't make him a bad kid, just stupid. There are plenty of 22 year olds driving around after a few drinks.

« Reply #52 on: February 26, 2009, 11:33:39 AM »

Offline BrickJames

• Bill Walton
  • Tommy Points: 185
  • Master Mason
Like you guys never made a mistake when you were 22...some people need to get off their high horses.

Most of the people on this board, at age 22, didn't have a $700,000 salary, more than enough to hire a driver.  Further, most weren't in high-profile positions in which they were subject to negative publicity reflecting on both themselves and their employers.

What Pruitt did was exceptionally stupid, and since he's a nobody on the team, I could see the Celts using this as an excuse to cut ties with him.

welcome back, sam!
God bless and good night!

« Reply #53 on: February 26, 2009, 11:34:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
I've made the same decision within the past year a few times and I will probably do it a few more times in the near future, but I'm not making 750k.

Just because something is the law doesn't make it right. Depends on your philosophy. I'd rather condemn the corrupt politicians and enterprises that are knowingly taking down our economy just so there are affordable wages.

Seems to me we have a bunch of uptight people on the CBlog, huh. Live a little ya'll. You only get one chance.

where going to have to vehmently disagree if you make the decision to drive drunk on a semi regular basis and think its no big deal.

I really have zero problem with anything people want to do to themselves thats illegal. smoke weed, get intimate with a farm animal, do whatever in the privacy of your own home. thats your business and none of mine.

But if you "disagree" that getting behind the wheel of a 2 ton missle while you are unable to control it isn't a serious offense....may no one you know ever be hit by someone who's doing what your ok with doing.

the minute you put other people in danger because it was incovent for you to spend half an hour or so planning how to get home from drinking for the night, you should be arrested as soon as possable and your right to drive taken away.

drinking's fine, i do it all the time. I also figure out how to get home before i go out to the bar for the night. ITs really not that hard to do for anyone with half a brain.

Live a little ya'll. You only get one chance.

so did the person you can potentialy hit with your car while drunk.

i wonder if they'd have a diffrent view of your idea of "living alittle!"  as you bear down on them in your car. I'm sure they'll understand though.
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 11:47:03 AM by crownsy »

« Reply #54 on: February 26, 2009, 11:35:33 AM »

Offline CelticsWhat35

• Jim Loscutoff
  • Tommy Points: 353

And if you keep up with that attitude, you, or someone unfortunate enough to be on the same road as you one night, might just end up living a VERY little.

« Reply #55 on: February 26, 2009, 11:37:15 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642

If you ever get a chance to meet KG, why don't you ask him about his best friend, Malik Sealy...

« Reply #56 on: February 26, 2009, 11:43:04 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.

Of course driving drunk is a fairly common bad decision - we had a thread on this about a month ago and most of us, including me, have done it at one point or another.  And of course illegal does not equal immoral.  But to say "Just because something is the law doesn't make it right", well first that statement is probably the exact opposite of the point you're actually trying to make, but secondly, it's not a catch-all excuse.  You can't just say that, pretend like you've made a relevant point, and change the topic - why exactly do you think it's not wrong to drive drunk?  If you don't, then what's the point of saying this?

As for "living a little", I don't think anyone would classify drunk driving as a positive life experience that some people are just too uptight to enjoy.  Drinking, maybe - but no one is attacking drinking itself, just getting behind the wheel afterwards.

« Reply #57 on: February 26, 2009, 11:46:20 AM »

Offline EnP24

• Kristaps Porzingis
  • Tommy Points: 9
Why is everyone jumping the gun here. Gabe has been arrested on suspicion of DUI, he has not been convicted. While I understand most DUI's are straight forward cases in a court of law Gabe is still innocent until proved guilty and some of the accusations being made against him here are completely egregious considering there could be another side to this story. I know it's not likely but it's possible. 

« Reply #58 on: February 26, 2009, 11:48:51 AM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
Why is everyone jumping the gun here. Gabe has been arrested on suspicion of DUI, he has not been convicted. While I understand most DUI's are straight forward cases in a court of law Gabe is still innocent until proved guilty and some of the accusations being made against him here are completely egregious considering there could be another side to this story. I know it's not likely but it's possible. 

true, and i hope we are jumping the gun because i liek gabe alot. nothing would make me happier, but generally when, according to reports, you get hauled down tot he police station for the night and your car gets impounded, its because you failed the breathalyzer.

and since the breathlyzer is pretty air tight, its hard to argue you weren't drunk.

« Reply #59 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:31 AM »

Offline guava_wrench

• Satch Sanders
  • Tommy Points: 777
Like you guys never made a mistake when you were 22...some people need to get off their high horses.
While I don't agree with the argument some are making that we should consider his salary when judging his actions, I don't care what age you are. Driving intoxicated is a really bad sign for someone's character. Having so little control over your actions, such poor judgment, and such disregard for other people's lives is not good.

I hope to see a suspension (like Posey had) if he is truly guilty.