Author Topic: So, loss aside for a minute, first impressions of Moore?  (Read 10290 times)

Re: So, loss aside for a minute, first impressions of Moore?
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 10:40:12 AM »

Offline Fafnir

• Bill Russell
  • Tommy Points: 1327
I'd rather have Patrick O'Bryant.

any particular reason?

Moore had more energy, desire, and shooting touch than patrick o'blount showed in 2/3rds of a season.

I'd rather have joe smith to be sure, but not POB.

Because Moore is not a center, he has no base, can't rebound, can't block shots. I recognize POB was raw, but I see way more upside in him than in Moore, and even feel he could have contributed more if given the chance, which he was not. But I lost this argument when he got cut, so I'll just go away........
Everything you say about Moore also is true of O'Bryant. No base, can't rebound, doesn't block shots, and he turned the ball over more.

He has more upside sure, but we need contributors this year.

« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 10:55:18 AM »

Offline drza44

• Jaylen Brown
  • Tommy Points: 187
I really liked what I saw from Moore.  Basically [Dennis Green] he looked how I THOUGHT he'd look [/Dennis Green].  As I said yesterday, his game is a blind homeless man's version of KG's...and that fits a team need IMO.  His jumper and defensive rotations would allow him to be effective with the first unit, and his energy/ability to run the break should work well with the second unit.  Especially if Steph is "good Steph" and sets up the bigs for some easy finishes.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 10:59:54 AM »

Offline droopdog7

• Paul Silas
  • Tommy Points: 466

any particular reason?

Moore had more energy, desire, and shooting touch than patrick o'blount showed in 2/3rds of a season.

Because Moore is not a center, he has no base, can't rebound, can't block shots. I recognize POB was raw, but I see way more upside in him than in Moore, and even feel he could have contributed more if given the chance, which he was not. But I lost this argument when he got cut, so I'll just go away........
I'm sorry but POB is and always will be a complete stiff.  If that changes, feel free to come back and rub it in my face. 

Anyway, on Moore, he certainly was unsure about what to do on offense wasn't he?  He looked beyong confused but that is not a surprise.  Indeed, I liked the fact that he was trying his best to set screens for other and generally do the right thing.

Positive?  He looks like a natural shooter.  That will be very helpful as the year wears on.  Negative?  As said already, he is thin.  I don't see him being able to handle true PF's on most nights. 

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 11:00:57 AM »

Offline Cman

• K.C. Jones
  • Tommy Points: 120
He looked solid.  Looks like he will fit in nicely in the role we need him for.

Footey -- there may be more upside in POB, but Cs have a championship goal for this year, and it is clear that Moore gets Cs closer to that than POB.
Celtics fan for life.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 11:03:59 AM »

Offline Chris

• Global Moderator
  • Dennis Johnson
  • Tommy Points: 642
I liked what I saw.  He obviously still has a lot to learn, but I think he will give them what they need.

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 11:24:04 AM »

Offline amenhotep04

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 39
I like him. Skill wise POB is better, but he doesn't have Moore's motor.  I'd like to see him stick around a couple more years. 

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 01:19:18 PM »

Offline Spfldkid

• Derrick White
  • Tommy Points: 30
From the open spots on the roster, you could have still had both....Moore isn't too skinny, well maybe for a center, but look at what Camby does....Moore should be able to do that......As for POB, don't say he didn't block shots, not many shot over or around him...IF you watched...WHEN he played...! His passing was spot on also..he even passed in garbage time, which hardly anyone does...it is impoosible for a center to get the ball in garbage time...the guard gets it and eitrher shoots it or keeps it on the perimeter...especially on this team...ever see how many set ups they have for Duncan....? Moore can do well, guard Gasol..! Ect..!

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 01:28:44 PM »

Offline moiso

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 441

any particular reason?

Everything you say about Moore also is true of O'Bryant. No base, can't rebound, doesn't block shots, and he turned the ball over more.

He has more upside sure, but we need contributors this year.
I thought POB was an excellent shot blocker and rebounder-much better than Moore.  However, POB just didn't know how to play, had no motor, and was super slow defensively.  Moore looked intelligent, his jumper looks great, he hustled and made great rotations.  Even though I don't think he can rebound/block shots like POB he is twice the player of POB and he will do some of the little things to help us win, like PJ Brown did.

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 01:35:22 PM »

Offline WayneKreklow

• Oshae Brissett
  • Tommy Points: 9
Moore played with energy and ethusiasm, giving complete effort. While he may not be a great or even decent shot blocker, he still made the Clip's alter their shots when driving the lane last night.

I think he'll be a great 7-10 minute guy each night, keeping the energy high.

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 02:13:04 PM »

Offline Brickowski

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 423
Well, he couldn't box out Audrey Hepburn.  That's the major flaw in his game.  The rest was as advertised.

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 02:13:51 PM »

Offline crownsy

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 157
Well, he couldn't box out Audrey Hepburn.  That's the major flaw in his game.  The rest was as advertised.

also he has a loud catch phrase i didnt know about.

STAY WITH IT!!! STAY ON IT!!! STAY WITH IT!!!

:D
“I will hurt you for this. A day will come when you think you’re safe and happy and your joy will turn to ashes in your mouth. And you will know the debt is paid.” – Tyrion

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 02:20:39 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251
He is a better shooter than I thought.  Seems to be real confident out to 19 feet.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 04:35:23 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

How was that a surprise? So many people talked about how good he looked in that playoffs series versus Cleveland 2 years ago taking 15ft jumpers, but I guess they forgot what eventually decided those series: the Cavs completely dominanting the boards.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 04:54:33 PM »

Offline D Dub

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 251

How was that a surprise? So many people talked about how good he looked in that playoffs series versus Cleveland 2 years ago taking 15ft jumpers, but I guess they forgot what eventually decided those series: the Cavs completely dominanting the boards.

I have a feeling you are going to have to do a lot of back-peddling from your 'Moore is Less' position that you stated so strongly when we signed him, cordobes.

Mikki will be a solid contributor to this team, he is a very good fit for what we need.

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 04:58:05 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

I have a feeling you are going to have to do a lot of back-peddling from your 'Moore is Less' position that you stated so strongly when we signed him, cordobes.

Mikki will be a solid contributor to this team, he is a very good fit for what we need.

What my "Moore is Less" position? Would you mind to quote me? What part of my position am I going to back-pedal?