Author Topic: Bye Bye...... HCA  (Read 7911 times)

Re: Bye Bye...... HCA
« Reply #15 on: February 26, 2009, 10:28:33 AM »

Offline GreenPride

• The Green Kornet
  • Tommy Points: 10
the only place i worry about not having home court advantage is with cleveland.  we will be fine playing any other team on the road in the playoffs...and that includes the Lakers.  Cleveland scares me.  So, hopefully the 7th or 8th seed will knock Cleveland out in the first round! ;)

Re: Nice to know ya HCA
« Reply #16 on: February 26, 2009, 10:28:47 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
we will beat the Cavs on their court in 6 games.

This made me chuckle.  I love the confidence though.  Now if you could kindly back it up with some thoughts as to why this would be

This is CelticsBlog.
We don't need explanations.
 ;)

Ha!  Well, I can't debate that. 

Not sure you guys should be throwing the towel in on home court yet either.  Still plenty of games to play. 

I don't think we really have.
Personally, I just tend to be a bit
"unprofessional" in my posts directly
after a loss like the one to the Clips.

« Reply #17 on: February 26, 2009, 10:29:47 AM »

Offline Hoyo de Monterrey

• Don Chaney
  • Tommy Points: 669
I`ve spent 15mins looking at player names to see whose initials are HCA .....

;D ;D

Not a player but the initials match:

Hans, we hardly knew ye...
"Let me call him," Floyd said.

The man shook his head. "O.J. doesn't give out his cell," he said. "He'll call you."

« Reply #18 on: February 26, 2009, 10:44:14 AM »

Offline mahonedog88

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 119
Obviously, having homecourt is the most recent goal right now.  And I would love to have it...but how amazing would it be if we don't get homecourt, make it to the eastern conference finals against the Cavs, and beat them in a game 7 on their court when EVERYONE will be picking the Cavs to win that game.

That would be so sweet, I'm salivating at the thought right now.

« Reply #19 on: February 26, 2009, 10:54:55 AM »

Offline ACF

• Danny Ainge
  • Tommy Points: 1157
  • A Celtic Fan
big Hans
the birdmans ancestor
the man could really ball

Hans, we hardly knew ye...

TP's for the HCA knowledge  :)

« Reply #20 on: February 26, 2009, 10:55:12 AM »

Offline Bankshot

• Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 632
Obviously, having homecourt is the most recent goal right now.  And I would love to have it...but how amazing would it be if we don't get homecourt, make it to the eastern conference finals against the Cavs, and beat them in a game 7 on their court when EVERYONE will be picking the Cavs to win that game.

That would be so sweet, I'm salivating at the thought right now.
\

Would be sweeter if we beat them in 5.
"If somebody would have told you when he was playing with the Knicks that Nate Robinson was going to change a big time game and he was going to do it mostly because of his defense, somebody would have got slapped."  Mark Jackson

« Reply #21 on: February 26, 2009, 11:37:41 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens
  • Tommy Points: 1123

This made me chuckle.  I love the confidence though.  Now if you could kindly back it up with some thoughts as to why this would be

We're a better defensive team, a better rebounding team, we have more balance and we're the defending champs.

« Reply #22 on: February 26, 2009, 11:44:02 AM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

I'd also like to state that home court isn't vital enough that the Celts should kill themselves to get it. Rested healthy starters is much more important.

« Reply #23 on: February 26, 2009, 11:49:50 AM »

Offline fairweatherfan

• Johnny Most
  • Tommy Points: 2365
  • Be the posts you wish to see in the world.
We are still in decent shape for HCA, despite an awful loss.  If we split the season series with the Cavs (win 1 of 2 remaining), the tiebreak becomes conference record, where we're a full 4 games ahead of Cleveland (30-4 vs 26-8).  The only way they get the tiebreak is to beat us both times, and if they do that the tiebreak is unlikely to come up anyway.  This is crucial in a close race like this one.

« Reply #24 on: February 26, 2009, 12:09:08 PM »

Offline MBz

• Bailey Howell
  • Tommy Points: 30
I`ve spent 15mins looking at player names to see whose initials are HCA .....

;D ;D

Took me a few to figure out what it meant as well. Haha.
do it

« Reply #25 on: February 26, 2009, 12:29:06 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  • Tommy Points: 129

We're a better defensive team, a better rebounding team, we have more balance and we're the defending champs.

Boston gives up 92 pts/game, the Cavs give up 90.5 pts/game.  Boston averages 42.8 rebounds/game and the Cavs average 41.8 rebounds/game.  Both teams look incredibly even here.

Defending champs doesn;t get you much this year.  Its not like you get points added to your score because of it.  :)

I am pretty Boston vs Cleveland would be a great series again this year.

« Reply #26 on: February 26, 2009, 12:45:39 PM »

Offline BballTim

• Dave Cowens

Boston gives up 92 pts/game, the Cavs give up 90.5 pts/game.  Boston averages 42.8 rebounds/game and the Cavs average 41.8 rebounds/game.  Both teams look incredibly even here.

Defending champs doesn;t get you much this year.  Its not like you get points added to your score because of it.  :)

Boston gets 53.6% of rebounds (best in the league) while Cleveland gets 52%. Boston plays at a faster pace but our defense is better (again, best in the league). And that championship experience didn't add any points to the Spur's score when they played the Cavs in the finals 2 years ago.

« Reply #27 on: February 26, 2009, 12:49:26 PM »

Offline cordobes

• NCE
  • Ray Allen
  • Tommy Points: 576
  • Basketball is like chess, only without the dice

It's balanced, but Boston is a better defensive and rebounding squad. PPG (or rpg) is a meaningless stat, use points per possession.

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2009, 12:50:01 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
  Boston gets 53.6% of rebounds (best in the league) while Cleveland gets 52%. Boston plays at a faster pace but our defense is better (again, best in the league). And that championship experience didn't add any points to the Spur's score when they played the Cavs in the finals 2 years ago.

So your defense is better because you play at a faster pace but give up more points?  Boston scores 101.5 points per game and the Cavs score 100.8.  So are the Cavs a better offensive team then since they apparently play at a slower pace but score almost as many points?

Not sure what your Spurs comparison is supposed to show me.  The Cavs starting 5 for that series was:  Eric Snow, Larry Hughes, Lebron, Drew Gooden and Z.  With powerhouses of Varejao, Damon Jones and Donyell Marshall coming off the bench.  Completely different team

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2009, 12:54:17 PM »

Offline MMacOH

• Jayson Tatum
It's balanced, but Boston is a better defensive and rebounding squad. PPG (or rpg) is a meaningless stat, use points per possession.

Okay...the Cavs score 1.13 pts per possession and give up 1.02 pts/possession.  Boston scores 1.12 pts/possession and gives up 1.01 pts/possession.

That looks incredibly even to me

I somewhat hijacked this thread in response to someone's prediction of Boston winning against the Cavs in 6 games.  Sorry about that.

The bigger point here is that HCA is still very much up in the air
« Last Edit: February 26, 2009, 01:08:10 PM by MMacOH »