Author Topic: Tatum: "We’re gonna win the Finals this year"  (Read 3112 times)

Re: Tatum: "We’re gonna win the Finals this year"
« Reply #15 on: February 19, 2019, 10:37:30 AM »

Offline Big333223

• NCE
  • Tiny Archibald
  • Tommy Points: 741
I can dig it.

Talk about a Bittersweet Symphony..after all we've been through this year as a team......the vicious rumors....the struggles to mesh..trying to get GH integrated..dealing with the injuries.

We have the talent RIGHT NOW to steamroll the NBA. I truly believe it.

Just because we haven't ran off 20 game winning streaks don't mean it won't happen now.

This team has a LOT to prove, still......

All the talent that I thought would win 62 games this year is still on the team. Hayward is not what I thought (hoped) he would be, Tatum hasn't made as big of a leap and neither has Brown. But Hayward is getting better every day. Tatum still looks awesome and Brown has righted the ship.

Getting bounced in the 2nd round wouldn't surprise me but neither would a championship. The talent is definitely there.
1957, 1959, 1960, 1961, 1962, 1963, 1964, 1965, 1966, 1968, 1969, 1974, 1976, 1981, 1984, 1986, 2008

« Reply #16 on: February 19, 2019, 10:49:05 AM »

Offline Csfan1984

• Don Nelson
  • Tommy Points: 289
Hopefully they trust him more to lead than what happen at the end of game 7 vs Cavs. For all the trade talk Tatum almost lead the team to the finals over LeBron James. I'm not trading him for AD. He has the skills, leadership and confidence to get it done. 

« Reply #17 on: February 19, 2019, 11:08:34 AM »

Offline mef730

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 907
Denver is pretty [dang] good too.  Got me some club seats to that game, March 18th  ;D

I'll see you there. I'm looking forward to IT's return.

Mike

« Reply #18 on: February 19, 2019, 06:07:02 PM »

Offline MikeB12

• Joe Mazzulla
  • Tommy Points: 28
The "DREAMERS" are still alive...those who think the Celtics have the most talent in the NBA ... 

Must be on LSD or something...

I hope the C's can make a run in the playoffs but the idea that this team can win the NBA is pretty far out even for die-hard Celtics fans.

MikeB  - Celtics fan for 50+ years

« Reply #19 on: February 19, 2019, 08:45:44 PM »

Offline C3LTSF4N

• Jrue Holiday
  • Tommy Points: 41
Denver is pretty [dang] good too.  Got me some club seats to that game, March 18th  ;D

I'll see you there. I'm looking forward to IT's return.

Mike

Yessir

« Reply #20 on: February 19, 2019, 09:28:27 PM »

Offline Phantom255x

• Larry Bird
  • Tommy Points: 2923
  • On To Banner 18!
We certainly have the talent to reach the Finals as long as we stay healthy. I truly believe that.

Will we do it? I'm not sure. Hayward and Brown are the biggest wild cards and they've looked a lot better lately. If they can keep it up we've certainly got a shot.

Also need Kyrie to do his thing especially late in games.

With that said, Tatum is the one who said this quote and while I love the confidence, I want to see smarter play out of him going forward. Better shot selection and team basketball please. The Kobe/Carmelo iso-ing is cool when the shots are going down but if they aren't then he's got to stop doing it for the entire game, which tends to be his problem.

But seeing what Tatum did last year in the playoffs, man I feel he could do even better this year  ;D

"Tough times never last, but tough people do." - Robert H. Schuller

« Reply #21 on: February 19, 2019, 09:49:51 PM »

Offline SparzWizard

• JoJo White
  • Tommy Points: 990
We have to remember that the Celtics lost two straight home games to LA not so long ago.

They played with a sense of urgency in Philadelphia and barely got the W. They had to grind it out late against Detroit the night after.

Still hard to tell if this team can get past at least Round 2.

#JTJB (Just Trade Jaylen Brown)
#JFJM (Just Fire Joe Mazzulla)

« Reply #22 on: February 19, 2019, 09:57:16 PM »

Offline wiley

• Antoine Walker
  • Tommy Points: 386
We certainly have the talent to reach the Finals as long as we stay healthy. I truly believe that.

Will we do it? I'm not sure. Hayward and Brown are the biggest wild cards and they've looked a lot better lately. If they can keep it up we've certainly got a shot.

Also need Kyrie to do his thing especially late in games.

With that said, Tatum is the one who said this quote and while I love the confidence, I want to see smarter play out of him going forward. Better shot selection and team basketball please. The Kobe/Carmelo iso-ing is cool when the shots are going down but if they aren't then he's got to stop doing it for the entire game, which tends to be his problem.

But seeing what Tatum did last year in the playoffs, man I feel he could do even better this year  ;D

Yeah.  When he's shooting a three I feel like it's probably going in.  When he starts dancing and dribbling back and forth in front of him, I feel like it's going to be a missed two or a turnover. 

Threes please!!  Dunks and long armed layups please!!  Get rid of the fancy two point drama!!

« Reply #23 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:25 PM »

Offline Ogaju

• Bill Sharman
  • Tommy Points: 1871
The Celtics will be a totally different team in the playoffs.

« Reply #24 on: February 19, 2019, 10:06:56 PM »

Offline gouki88

• NCE
  • Red Auerbach
  • Tommy Points: 3141
  • 2019 & 2021 CS Historical Draft Champion
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_jOhwMNSE4

More of this and we very well might!
'23 Historical Draft: Orlando Magic.

PG: Terry Porter (90-91) / Steve Francis (00-01)
SG: Joe Dumars (92-93) / Jeff Hornacek (91-92) / Jerry Stackhouse (00-01)
SF: Brandon Roy (08-09) / Walter Davis (78-79)
PF: Terry Cummings (84-85) / Paul Millsap (15-16)
C: Chris Webber (00-01) / Ralph Sampson (83-84) / Andrew Bogut (09-10)

« Reply #25 on: February 19, 2019, 10:42:51 PM »

Offline KGs Knee

• Frank Ramsey
  • Tommy Points: 1544
The "DREAMERS" are still alive...those who think the Celtics have the most talent in the NBA ... 

Must be on LSD or something...

I hope the C's can make a run in the playoffs but the idea that this team can win the NBA is pretty far out even for die-hard Celtics fans.

MikeB  - Celtics fan for 50+ years

It's so easy to be a pessimistic fan. If the team fails, you get to sit there and proclaim you were right. If the team succeeds, who cares that you were wrong, the team won.